I wonder how Turkey's suffering economy is affecting the development of this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Inflation is higher than 25%, you see government sources are the least reliable information available for the economy, education and development.

Have they considered stopping a caravan out side a large city and performing some kind of Marks Brothers shell game thing to generate infinite profits ?

Or is this how the economy got tanked in the first place!

Pretty sure they said something about this a few months ago. Saying that the economic brouhaha and covid really threw a wrench in their gears. Was it mexxico? I forgot.

Inflation of 25% and the lira value dropping can't make bankrolling the company an easy thing.
That's pretty much the situation in the whole world right now. When it's not inflation, it's the prices. Here we got a +55% on all utilities bills in the last 2 years and our salaries are still the same. Also 1.8 euros for a liter of gas. I don't see a software house being impacted as badly as, let's say, a trucking firm or a mom&pop grocery store... still, I don't produce less than I did before Covid and price hikes. Why should Taleworlds?

Their revenue is in foreign currencies and most their expenses in monopoly money.
If anything Taleworlds PROFITS from this situation and can even afford to bump its employees salaries.
The OP says bankrolling is a problem, but you can bet that Taleworlds built up a huge liquidity reserve with its EA sales and any debt they had to Turkish banks looks funnier as inflation benefits debtors and hurts loaners.

So Taleworlds is doing better than ever in this situation. Its employees maybe not so much, but what did they ever do for us?

Their revenue is in foreign currencies and most their expenses in monopoly money.
If anything Taleworlds PROFITS from this situation and can even afford to bump its employees salaries.
The OP says bankrolling is a problem, but you can bet that Taleworlds built up a huge liquidity reserve with its EA sales and any debt they had to Turkish banks looks funnier as inflation benefits debtors and hurts loaners.

So Taleworlds is doing better than ever in this situation. Its employees maybe not so much, but what did they ever do for us?
+1

Most of TW's income came in a rush at the start of EA. Unless they retained most of those foreign currency earnings in dollar/Euro accounts/investments Turkish inflation will be devaluing their liquidity. Hopefully, they didn't patriotically convert all their income into Lira.

It's funny but this "unfinished" game gives me more fun than Red dead redemption 2, I bought it last week, because I can do whatever I want, I really don't like to follow scripts and I can't deal with RDR2 or, also, Witcher 3 camera. Of course I use dozens of mods, but for me it's part of the game,for me they can give the game as finished.

We just have to hope that the finance team of Taleworlds weren't dumb enough to convert all of their profits into TRY.

I´ve heard that Armagan is even thinking to sell one of his boats!

27b.gif

And here I was thinking the forum had exhausted all possible excuses on behalf of failworlds.
I do not know who you are referring to in the end there, but it sounds an awful lot like another company than TaleWorlds, which has:
1. Delivered a good game.
2. Delivered the early access of an even greater game that will be even better once released.
3. Developed said games with good detail.
I could go on, but you know.... I gotta play Bannerlord.

Inappropriate advertising / spam / flamebaiting
I do not know who you are referring to in the end there, but it sounds an awful lot like another company than TaleWorlds, which has:
1. Delivered a good game.
2. Delivered the early access of an even greater game that will be even better once released.
3. Developed said games with good detail.
I could go on, but you know.... I gotta play Bannerlord.
d0a.gif

What a clown..

Back
Top Bottom