I simply don't want to play the game and that's sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

As much as i wait for the Modding Tools to be released aswell, i hardly doubt they will change something big.
Seeing that they are deleting features in the game, as for the scenery when you talk with a person on the world map, i can only imagine what else be will be deleted in the future.
And i don't think a lot of modders want to work on something big that could get trashed entirely with the release of the next patch that added little to nothing to the game.
I mean if you take a look on the nexusmod site you can clearly see how many modders stopped updating their mods already entirely, and how few new mods find their way onto the site nowadays in comparison to 2 months ago. They are already fed up with that.
And i am pretty sure TW is completely aware of that, they just release the tools so the community has something else to do except for being, more often than not, hostile on the forums. Rightfully so in my eyes
Modding Tools will make Bannerlord.

All you have to do is look what mods did for Warband.

I totally understand this viewpoint with BL. Idk if i was expecting more due to hype or yrs TW took to make BL (probably more to due with mods and dlc gave me the assumption TW would learn to evolve more), but I am bored with the game. I understand my boredom comes with lack of lordship, kingdom management, diplomacy, and war strategy. I get mad the minute i get property because i see so much lacking. little improvement options, no choice on training troops at settlements (and which troops to train), no diplomacy options or even messengers so i dont have to run around finding lords. Getting attacked by the same 3 lords or clans, with execution being the only way to stop it because you cant lock them up or have options with warring nation or within own kingdom on prisoner diplomacy kills the fun. Influence is a mess, marriage feels dry (insert joke ___), getting newly conquered castles that im not near is annoying. The game is a battle simulator and not even that is polished. Things get old and boring fast after fighting so many battles which kills the "impact or meaning to battles" to me.

I totally understand this viewpoint with BL. Idk if i was expecting more due to hype or yrs TW took to make BL (probably more to due with mods and dlc gave me the assumption TW would learn to evolve more), but I am bored with the game. I understand my boredom comes with lack of lordship, kingdom management, diplomacy, and war strategy. I get mad the minute i get property because i see so much lacking. little improvement options, no choice on training troops at settlements (and which troops to train), no diplomacy options or even messengers so i dont have to run around finding lords. Getting attacked by the same 3 lords or clans, with execution being the only way to stop it because you cant lock them up or have options with warring nation or within own kingdom on prisoner diplomacy kills the fun. Influence is a mess, marriage feels dry (insert joke ___), getting newly conquered castles that im not near is annoying. The game is a battle simulator and not even that is polished. Things get old and boring fast after fighting so many battles which kills the "impact or meaning to battles" to me.

I agree, this is not bashing the game either, it's an accurate description.

So Rimworld also claimed to be in EA one year and cost 39,99€ when it was released? Good comparison...

A pretty good game, which used EA as it should be, developed by like 1 dev most of the time against this?
Actually rimworld was in EA for about 5 years and cost £24.99 if I remember correctly. Now it is a freaking amazing game (98% positive reviews)... I don't think people know what EA is. Bannerlord has advanced faster through EA then 95% of the other EA games I have bought (good & bad).

The point is though - It is EA. TW themselves said don't buy it if you want a finished product - it's not ready...

People want a finished product - this is not a finished product.

Blunted with the lowest IQ takes as always.

I agree, this is not bashing the game either, it's an accurate description.

Yeah I try not to insult or bash TW or devs and know you and I agree with each other often on these threads. My support for TW in the future will now be approached with caution regardless if game is EA or not.

Yeah I try not to insult or bash TW or devs and know you and I agree with each other often on these threads. My support for TW in the future will now be approached with caution regardless if game is EA or not.
To be fair the original Mount & Blade was one of the first EA games ever... back when there was only two nations and the free city of Zendar.

I don't know what this Rimworld is but it sounds fun.

Therefore since your actions impact the finished product, which affects my experience with the game, why don't you stop whining and increase your difficulty settings if you're bored? Or go play another game and wait for some updates? Use your creativity instead of lashing out. It's an EA game.
Hey hey! If I want to have a bit of whine, why shouldn't I? It's a free country ain't it? You don't see me knocking the cocks out of your mouth to spoil your fun activities.

Yes.

My sweet, sweet Multiplayer. All I can think of is 'look at how they butchered my boy'.
bfab620d3b.png
3bda32c7dd.png
Brother, I don't even know how this is going to be sorted out! People are not happy.

There are so many weird design choices in this game that I sincerely doubt we'll see much improvement.

Just look at CK2 and how they dealt with feudal mechanics. Would a king need "influence" to gather armies and enact policies/laws effectively? Sure, but not in the form of some arbitrary currency. He'd have to support or outmaneuver his vassals in various ways in order to succeed, buy a favor, sell a favor, assassinate and so on. That's a more genuine depiction of what influence means in a feudal setting.

I don't feel influential in Bannerlord, just bored.
Bored being the keyword buddy. I just don't care about what's happening in the game world. I remember playing warband and the first village I was awarded got raided. I chased the ****er who did it for days and destroyed him. That attachment and feeling WB gave me hasn't happened in BL. It feels so impersonal to me.

The map is vacant and lifeless. I thought there would be some other creative ideas to improve over Warband's, not so. Once you get in the game for awhile you start to realize it's a battle simulator with nothing else to do.
And then you realize that the battle simulator isn't that great either without mods. What a time to be alive ey?

If they gave me the modding tools, I can make it fun again! (Disclaimer: no guarantie it will be fun for you, but it will probably be fun for me)
Don't play with my heart DrTomas! I can't take more heartbreak. Are we talking 1257AD Part II or something smaller scale?

Hit the nail on the ****ing head!

Modding Tools will make Bannerlord.

All you have to do is look what mods did for Warband.
But tbf Warband was hella fun on it's own too. I played the **** out of WB before I discovered mods. But yes the modding continuity turned it into a masterpiece.

So what are the list of things you want besides the village-castle transformation that you believe will not be added?
It's not about what I believe won't be added my chum, It's already been removed. I think it was confirmed in a thread I made way back when I noticed the change in a game-play video. About what I want, it's an extensive list. I'm still writing my ideas in the suggestion forum but there are lots of little tweaks here and there.

I agree. I already put over 300 hours into the sp campaign and I just can’t bear to start up another save and watch a faction get steamrolled right away or something. I was really looking forward to building a trading empire of some sort but it was basically impossible to get rolling without farming looters for a while. That’s typically all I find myself doing instead of exploring the world. The visuals of the game are stunning, I love the music, and the campaign map is truly excellent. There are many nobles and it seems like there’s so much there that I want to immerse myself into but for some reason it’s just annoying to try. Playing this game actually makes me miss the experience of playing Skyrim for the first time.

The fighting is quite a bit of fun, swinging a sword around is awesome, riding on horseback and archery is also a blast, and I really do like building up an army and having companions and such. Mp is usually all I find myself playing but the enjoyment of even that is waning because of reasons. It’s really just the chat that keeps me coming back.

Holy **** the game is boring. I started playing Bannerlord way late cause I didn't have a computer but I was reading forum posts and took them as an overreaction. I genuinely thought people were just whining and when I was finally able to play I was very exited. First of all the base game is unplayable without mods. A few hours into the game I was so frustrated by the lack of options and content, I DLed maybe 15 mods. And these weren't mind blowing huge mods. They fixed simple ****. **** the devs really should be fixing. Seemingly essential features that modders create in their bedrooms aren't in the base game. That's ridiculous. I could go on about how the game runs like crap, the game design is retard and Muliplayer...*sigh*. But the main indictment of this game is that it's ****ing boring! Oh my god that really hit me. It's tedious, the quests aren't amazing, wars have no strategy, battles end in seconds, sieges that are supposed to be this huge climatic event are broken and short. I don't even play them anymore. Character progression is annoying and some perks make no sense. Clan controls are none existent and the whole influence currency is as arbitrary and gamey as I thought it would be when they first announced it. Upgrading your fief is soulless. In fact having a fief at all means next to nothing. It adds nothing to my experience. I just feel the game is lacking soul if that makes any sense. There isn't anything to do.

Look I know this is an early access and blah blah blah but have some ****ing pride TW. Warband is maybe one of the best indie games ever made. Certainly the best I've ever played. You can defiantly do better than this. Modders shouldn't have to fix simple things that should be in the base game. How can you give the player the ability to create clan parties and then not give the player the option to control those parties. It makes no sense guys come on! The first time I played I did maybe 21 hours before I had enough. I booted the game up today and I couldn't play much cause I simply didn't want to play. A game I've waited desperately for, for damn near 8 years now. It made me sad to think about.

There are some design decisions that screw the game up that are too late to fix. For example, the decision to scrap the system where castles were an upgrade to villages and villages had four plots to upgrage and build things. Whatever you built would show up on the map etc. That was a great dynamic feature that adds cool new ways to play and instead it was scrapped in favor of just copying and pasting warbands system with a new coat of paint. Such wasted potential. That's what the game is at the moment. Lots of opportunities to be great but never grasping it. There's good game in there somewhere and I hope TW finds it in the end. But right now, I only see our incredible modding community as the saviors of this franchise.

TL;DR: My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Yes, the SP is very simple, not what i expected but maybe well have in one year a finished game with deep SP, its still EA and we should wait till EA is done.

Last edited:
I don't understand why TW gave up on the village upgrade system? At the very least they could have implemented something else in it stead? It's just uninspiring work to me. I have said time and time again, they added basically nothing that modders did to vastly improve vanilla WB. I don't understand it.

I don't understand why TW gave up on the village upgrade system? At the very least they could have implemented something else in it stead? It's just uninspiring work to me. I have said time and time again, they added basically nothing that modders did to vastly improve vanilla WB. I don't understand it.
Iirc, when they had to rework their engine (again) they discovered that the system didn't work. But don't quote me on that.

Actually rimworld was in EA for about 5 years and cost £24.99 if I remember correctly. Now it is a freaking amazing game (98% positive reviews)... I don't think people know what EA is. Bannerlord has advanced faster through EA then 95% of the other EA games I have bought (good & bad).

The point is though - It is EA. TW themselves said don't buy it if you want a finished product - it's not ready...

People want a finished product - this is not a finished product.

That's not really a fair comparison either, rimworld was built in EA. Bannerlord supposedly is being finished in EA, they've only got about a year planned for bannerlord EA so you have to compare it to a game that did similar.

Something like Divinity Original Sin 2. It spent about a year in early access, but man was/is that game amazing. For the entirety of EA they only had like act 1 completable but I played the hell out of that. Then on release... oh man... one of the best RPG/Strategy games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. The depth of mechanics, replay-ability, difficulty, story, immersive-ness, and hidden little things in that game just blows my mind. I highly recommend it to anyone who played Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 back in the day.

Even in EA you knew that was something special.

I think we felt more attached in Warband to villages because instead of talking and making quests to a dude who has power in a town, who for some reason manages to give people like candies, we talked to a village elder that was the voice of that village, so when you did quests you didnt improved the relations with some guy with power you improved the relations with a mass of people, you could see that a town supported you, also village quests made so much sense, training men to fight bandits, saving them from being raided, buying food for the town and not for some guy, it made so much sense that those people would be willing to join us. This mechanic for me sucks so much, bring back the chad village elder

Yeah, the game is pretty anemic right now. Im definitely on a check in every so often and read patch notes plan. I'm guessing Ill be back in a month or so for my next campaign.

However, I remain amazed at the staying power of a few of the more vocally disappointed posters.

Yea, it is a boring game and they are relying on modders as usual. Better pay me this time, taleworlds

#callformodders

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom