I like the new more realistic economy

Users who are viewing this thread

Personally I like the bandit units themselves, the Forest Bandit? ohhh do I love that guy, he's quick, plays an archer role, and when things get messy he runs in with a two handed axe and goes berserk... It's one of the only units that live through all my major battles and is a must have for me!
Yes. But i like battanian elite archers even more. They kill like 5 time more enemies then the rest of my army. And i have only 60 them in 240 man army.
True, turning Brigands into Sturgian Veteran Soldiers quite easily is a tad broken... lol, but yes disciplinarian should just change any bandit into a peasant, who then becomes a hired sword/crossbow seems more realistic. You're taking an uncivilized person and making them civilized...
Veterans soldiers are fine, becouse they are just regular troops. Expirienced and rich, but still not a nobles.

But turning steppe bandits into Khans guards is really broken. It make all "noble recruit" mchanic and whole recruit mechanic totaly pointless.

@Maximum997 lol, don't worry about Battanian Fian Champions being the best... Seeing how far they're pushing this game into the trashcan with the decisions they're making?

The nerf will soon come, young padawan.... Much to learn you have...

lmao :wink:

@Maximum997 lol, don't worry about Battanian Fian Champions being the best... Seeing how far they're pushing this game into the trashcan with the decisions they're making?

The nerf will soon come, young padawan.... Much to learn you have...
I am really dont care what devs are doing. I am only watching new mods appearence.

They will nerf money in the cities - i will install the mod with 1 000 000 in any city to not spend time running around to sell my loot.

Becouse lets see the purpose of that mechanic.

1 - It annoys player.
2 - ????

It is only make me spend more time on useless travels to sell a loot.

I get ya, but it's just sad when you see the day where mods are the only way to make a game interesting and appealing :sad:
Game is fine(totaly broken but good). Mods just doing it even better. And main thing - mods are doing game better FOR YOU. Dont like some thing - just cut it.

For example i am playing with 150 HP mod, becouse in my opinion battles are way to fast and archers are just OP as hell. Rgiht now it is like 10 minutes of preparation and 1 minute of action(like in my badroom)
So i am fixing it for myself.

Last edited:
It is reasonable, although I think towns should have a bit more money. 7000 would be good maybe.

You think an entire town with numerous merchants and workshops should have only 7,000 denars to spend, while high-tier items sell for over 100,000 denars? That sounds reasonable????

I don't want to go from town to town selling items. I want to dump my items at the nearest town and get back to the real game. I want passive income to cover the cost of my army's wages so I can focus on upgrading and using my troops, rather than struggling to maintain their existence. This merchant stuff is just an annoyance to people like me.

You think an entire town with numerous merchants and workshops should have only 7,000 denars to spend, while high-tier items sell for over 100,000 denars? That sounds reasonable????

I don't want to go from town to town selling items. I want to dump my items at the nearest town and get back to the real game. I want passive income to cover the cost of my army's wages so I can focus on upgrading and using my troops, rather than struggling to maintain their existence. This merchant stuff is just an annoyance to people like me.
I cant say it better. +1

Pretty much what i support. also the troops increased cost of gear you mentioned was a thread about a new mechanic that would make gear for troops something that the town needs to produce not exactly just make it more expensive.

That was something i brought up in the thread.
Yes.Becouse it is always like this

1) You are making realism
2) AI totaly sucks
3) You give them a lot of cheats to compensate.
4) And realism has gone, becouse right now lords spawn armies from their arses and feed them with air.

By the way, I don't know if anyone noticed this yet, but you now make much more money from your parties you create when fighting. Before, I didn't make any money or notice making any money from my parties. However, I just fought a big battle against 800 or so enemies with my own army and i got plenty of money after winning the battle but also I noticed that each of my parties that were in my army also earned me several thousand coins in addition. It listed it in my income and I got it when the new day started.

By the way, I don't know if anyone noticed this yet, but you now make much more money from your parties you create when fighting. Before, I didn't make any money or notice making any money from my parties. However, I just fought a big battle against 800 or so enemies with my own army and i got plenty of money after winning the battle but also I noticed that each of my parties that were in my army also earned me several thousand coins in addition. It listed it in my income and I got it when the new day started.
Cool. I really like party system in this game even right now.

(...) This merchant stuff is just an annoyance to people like me.
I agree with everything else you said, but the last sentence turns the culprits upside down. The money nerf has nothing to do with merchant stuff, it was made so people like you can't make a quick buck by selling tons of loot. You are building up a front where it doesn't belong. You should blame the devs, not players asking for economy balance. This nerf hits merchants the same way as warlords!

I am still making a lot of money from my parties, not sure if it is a bug. Been making a few thousand a day since the battle. Seems to be decreasing every day. So maybe after the battle it was a large amount, and every day after it is decreasing. I just made around 100k or a little more from one big battle, but not immediately. After selling all of the prisoners, lords I captured, equipment and such I took from them, plus the money made from my parties involved it eventually equalled more than 100k.

I am still making a lot of money from my parties, not sure if it is a bug. Been making a few thousand a day since the battle. Seems to be decreasing every day. So maybe after the battle it was a large amount, and every day after it is decreasing. I just made around 100k or a little more from one big battle, but not immediately. After selling all of the prisoners, lords I captured, equipment and such I took from them, plus the money made from my parties involved it eventually equalled more than 100k.

You'll have to make a new file per patch to see how the patch works naturally.

I am playing the latest beta right now and I am having no economic issues. One brewery making around 1000, another making around 600, pottery shop making around 600, silversmith making around 200 (which is low, probably bad spot). My caravans are only making around 200 right now. My parties are each making several hundred to over a thousand coins. My balance budget right now is 25k income and 14k expenses.

it was made so people like you can't make a quick buck by selling tons of loot.
Yea, you need sell it to few cities, not just to one. Huge nerf...
You just need to spend more time on useless traveling, thats all.

Becouse it doesnt matter where you are selling the loot.

But for actual trading you need only exactly that city where prices are best.

So it is nerf only for trading.

(...) So it is nerf only for trading.
Schoulayer (who I quoted) was complaining, because he or she can't sell loot as easy as before. And there was no reason for the devs to nerf city money to nerf trading. Waging war and taking loot/prisoners is the way to make big money. Nerfing caravan size and raiding frequency alone was more than enough to nerf trading.
And BTW, the point is we are building up fronts of warlords versus traders right now, and that doesn't make sense at all. We share the same complaint and both of us want to get it fixed.
You like to see this fight, of course. Because you like the new economy!

Back
Top Bottom