I had an accident :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druidic

Knight
So... this is pretty embarrassing, but I found out where my build_module.bat's directory is... The WFAS folder, not the Warband folder.

Luckily I don't play WFAS very much, but this is somewhat alarming to me.

The folder's name is Ogniem i Mieczem. Is that the ACTUAL WFAS game or is it just the module I just made?

I suppose I should offer a greater explanation of my problem here: I cannot find where my module is after I run the .bat file. The reason I believe it's WFAS is because the Ogniem folder in WFAS contains the .png file I used while making the 1700's mod. However, that file does not appear on the WFAS startup screen.
I looked at module_info.py and found it was exporting to my E:/ drive... which doesn't make sense. E:/ has no games or anything on there, it's not even a drive I use. It's for computer backups.
So, I change the directory to my external (F:/), and run the file again to see if it builds the module inside my F:/ drive. It doesn't. So, something's up.

You should use forward slashes in export_dir parameter, and there must be a trailing forward slash as well.

So "F:/", not "F:\".

And what's your build_module.bat output?

I do see where it exports to... E:/ (I used the \ slashes accidentally, sorry). I want it to go to C:/, because that's where the game's files are.

There is no module being built in the E:/ drive though, even though module_info.py says that's the directory. I changed it to my external F:/ to  test to see if it built the module there upon running the .bat file... nothing.

EDIT: That's strange... as I skin over the compile, there's a HUGe amount of errors saying "No such file or directory", to '../WOTS/Modules/Native', with .txt files at the end such as quests.txt, party_templates.txt, etc.

Ah, now I see the problem.

So, after pasting the module_info.py file, I found out that it WAS exporting to that location. I will try to be more careful next time, but I'll run it one more time to see if it has any new changes.

If you want to see it, it is this:
# Point export_dir to the folder you will be keeping your module
# Make sure you use forward slashes (/) and NOT backward slashes (\)

export_dir = "../WOTS/Modules/Native/"
#export_dir = "C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/"

Jaakko said:
You have commented out the the path?

Code:
#export_dir = "C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/"

No... I found it like that, actually. I don't recall ever commenting it out, since I had to uninstall/reinstall the module system shortly before this happened.

It's fixed now, so if nobody minds, I'll just lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom