How to mod a castle into a town

Users who are viewing this thread

Dears, good day!

First of all please forgive me if this is the wrong section, but I'm not using the forum so often and I hope I didn't do something wrong.

I am playing Europe 1200 mod and I really like it!
Since my hometown is on the map (Ancona) I really love to take it from the Papal States and make it my home.... the only thing is, on the map it is a castle! Is there any way to change it into a town?

Any idea, suggestions etc would be really appreciated!
thx
Mauro

If you can't access a modules source then (not sure what's capable in Morgh's editor) with some clever manual editing of parties.txt and the Morgh's editor surely you can add new entries? Though this means they will also be lordless on game start. If anyone knows different I'd be interested to know as well.

https://www.typecalendar.com/printable-calendar

Last edited:
If you can't access a modules source then (not sure what's capable in Morgh's editor) with some clever manual editing of parties.txt and the Morgh's editor surely you can add new entries? Though this means they will also be lordless on game start. If anyone knows different I'd be interested to know as well.
Correct, if someone is skilled at decompiling and reading the code, they may compile their own snippet and successfully insert it in the source of a module. The less complicated the module is (including possibly altered operation IDs in header_operations.py), the higher the chances of success. I have not ever touched Morgh's Editor, but in the ModSys, module_parties.py is the file governing settlements. Then, some adjustments need to be made, such as with game_start and maybe some other scripts.

If you just want Ancona to be a town then you ought be able to simply find an existing town in parties.txt, change the location and name and then change the existing castle and insert the location and name of the town you have made into Ancona. If you aren't changeing the number of castles and towns, the source code shouldn't be needed. (If you try this remember to backup just in case it isn't as easy as I think).

It is too difficult to fiddle with arrays of numbers without knowing what they really do...
But for what he doesn't you only have to switch the map locations and the names while leaving everything as before. I'm not clear why the map reff is repeated three times but so long as switch all three then there's no problem. And you don't need to know what the other numbers do if you don't change them.

But for what he doesn't you only have to switch the map locations and the names while leaving everything as before. I'm not clear why the map reff is repeated three times but so long as switch all three then there's no problem. And you don't need to know what the other numbers do if you don't change them.
Whatever, if it is worth a try, then fine. Good luck to anyone attempting this, although it is better to use the ModSys if possible.

Back
Top Bottom