How to manually place food in starving cities?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuckles86

Recruit
I have several of the large cities. Suddenly, seemed to be when they all reached a level of prosperity above 7000, the food ran out. I have every thing in each city upgraded to max, I have kept all bandits away, the garrisons, which had been fine up to that point and static suddenly needed to be removed to stop starvation. So, I have several million gold. I am a benevolent Lord and when I see my cities and villages starving and I am standing outside of my cities with wagon trains full of grain, I want to give it to them. Or give them copious amounts of gold for them to buy food with. how do I give the grain sitting useless in my inventory to my villagers? Surely with such an advanced level of city management I am simply overlooking the "give your seventeen thousand tons of grain to your starving city" button. Putting it in my stash does nothing. I'm not interested in people's head cannon for why this would not actually happen or something. History is full of lord's who rode like mad to neighboring settlements to buy their starving villagers food and then brought it to them. Is this something that I am missing? If not is it simply not implemented yet?

You can't, it's a horrible design with no consideration for the person playing the game. You can sell food to the shop, but often the town wants so much that the amount you would sell makes the price become so low that caravans come and buy it for cheap. It's really silly. I would execute the shop keepers that were selling food and starving the city/garrison..... but you can't execute them of course. The only recourse is: don't put anything good in the garrison and paint the whole m,ap before prosperity gets too high.

I have figured out several solutions.

Don’t build aqueducs so as to keep prosperity not too high.

Sell food to the town but looks like - as said by Ananda - caravans buy food.

Or using cheat codes : campaign.set_settlement_variable prosperity [number] where you lower prosperity until food exchange rate becomes positive; since as also said by Ananda, the « horrible design » does not allow to help your fiefs with starvation.
I don’t consider this a cheat but a fix to an issue 😉

Back
Top Bottom