How to change weapons of a companion who has own party?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kristal9

Recruit
I can change weapons only of companions at my party, but I can't understand how to change weapons of my companion for who I created them own party.

The way I do it... I get them while they're in a city, or pull them into an army and take them to a city. (so I have access to the store)

- I talk to them
- inspect their troops
- take their troops to my party
- disband their party.

Then while still in the city, I take the companion into my party, upgrade them, remake their party, and give them their troops back.

Sometimes you have to exit the city and go back in for the companion to disband their party of 1 (themselves) but it usually happens pretty quickly.

Annoying I know. If only you could kit them out in a conversation dialogue. If you can I'd like to know.

As an aside, if you have a city or castle, you should be able to disband their party and have them return there and dump the troops. But I've always found this method to be a little unreliable.

The way I do it... I get them while they're in a city, or pull them into an army and take them to a city. (so I have access to the store)

- I talk to them
- inspect their troops
- disband their party.

Then while still in the city, I take the companion into my party, upgrade them, remake their party, and give them their troops back.

Sometimes you have to exit the city and go back in for the companion to disband their party of 1 (themselves) but it usually happens pretty quickly.

Annoying I know. If only you could kit them out in a conversation dialogue. If you can I'd like to know.

As an aside, if you have a city or castle, you should be able to disband their party and have them return there and dump the troops. But I've always found this method to be a little unreliable.
The only problem with this is if you have a full party then you've gotta do a lot of shuffling of troops between yourself, the other party and the town garrison. It really should be fixed so you can directly switch with any companion or family member your near regardless of whether they're in your party or not. Taleworlds has never been very good at QoL additions to their games. Bannerlord is an improvement but it still has a long way to go before I would consider it good.

Yeah, you have to stay put with the double party. The most you can do is leave and re-enter a city straight away.

Or if it's your city you can throw them all in the garrison.

I disagree about TaleWorlds and quality of life improvements. They've come on in leaps and bounds over the past few iterations with genuine improvements to interface and navigations. This specific issue is an area that needs work tho.

- I talk to them
- inspect their troops
- disband their party.

How long in campaign time does it take for them to stop being a party and be "take into party able"? I've had problems with this before where I take the party, disband them at my town and can't take them back at al even after some time, then I got impatient so I give them back troops and add them back to army and leave, then like a day later they teleported away and disbanded party. Obviously this is a bug one way or another, but do you know how long it should take?

Usually they disband instantly, but the clock has to run long enough for whatever code is disbanding them to actually run. So I find waiting in the city for a second or so, or leaving the city and re-entering works.

But yeah... I've had them disappear leaving me standing there with double my party size and nowhere to dump them... glitchy.

Usually they disband instantly, but the clock has to run long enough for whatever code is disbanding them to actually run. So I find waiting in the city for a second or so, or leaving the city and re-entering works.

But yeah... I've had them disappear leaving me standing there with double my party size and nowhere to dump them... glitchy.
IMO our companions are not able to auto-equip themselves from loot as for AI party it is programmed to turn into denars instantly.

It could be programmed in a way that our companions, when leading their own party, are able to purchase also weapons and armor from local shops. Proportionaly to their budget ofcourse and their combat skill level.

IMO our companions are not able to auto-equip themselves from loot as for AI party it is programmed to turn into denars instantly.

It could be programmed in a way that our companions, when leading their own party, are able to purchase also weapons and armor from local shops. Proportionaly to their budget ofcourse and their combat skill level.
This should then be enabled for all heroes, not only player clan heroes.

I don't know if the AI would be smart enough to equip the right weapons for their skills all on their own, and it seems like it would be complicated to make them smart enough. The simplest solution would be to just give the player the power to change their equipment when they're nearby.

It probably would be easiest way, in case one wants to roleplay a caring mother for his companions and dress them for school every now and then ?

What might be more convenient/believable would be template attached to each companion per his major combat skills. Like ordinery troops have.

As example, companion is level/tier with combat skills fitting for lets say battanian skirmisher.Next time he visits a town, he upgrades to that particular unit outfit with price cost as ordinary trooper.

It probably would be easiest way, in case one wants to roleplay a caring mother for his companions and dress them for school every now and then ?
That would be appropriate, since they generally have the brainpower of a 3-year old that's been dropped on its head too many times.

How would a companion decide the difference between two sets of armour... one with high body and low leg protection, one with low leg and high body protection. The human player can make trade offs based on how they want to look/play. The AI player is stuck with equations. This would add an entirely new set of calculations to the game, not to mention the behavioural code for companions to use markets in a new way.

It would be easier for them to be just coded culturally appropriate upgrade pathways that are templated alongside their traits and stories, in the same way regular troops do. Which the player could choose to manually override as they do currently. The game already assigns them a set of clothing and a story and a name from a templated set.

How would a companion decide the difference between two sets of armour... one with high body and low leg protection, one with low leg and high body protection. The human player can make trade offs based on how they want to look/play. The AI player is stuck with equations. This would add an entirely new set of calculations to the game, not to mention the behavioural code for companions to use markets in a new way.

It would be easier for them to be just coded culturally appropriate upgrade pathways that are templated alongside their traits and stories, in the same way regular troops do. Which the player could choose to manually override as they do currently. The game already assigns them a set of clothing and a story and a name from a templated set.
BODY, not-body doesn't matter. But really just let us equip them ourselves, that's good enough. I guess the cultural upgrade (like they have enough loot value so the upgrade?) would be good too, but that sounds like work so you know....

There's a mod that does this via dialogue. It's one of the mods that I can't play without. Having said that, I haven't touched this sucker for months. Not surprised it's still 1.7.2. Not like 1.7.2 improved gameplay much.

Anyhow, the mod is called Party AI Overhaul and Commands - > https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/493

The original modder did this like in the first few weeks/months of EA so I'm not sure why the devs can't.

Some people would insist the devs can do anything but it's management that's holding them back. I don't share those viewpoints. It's true, a fish rots from the head but sure as sure, the tail eventually rots too.

Back
Top Bottom