How to be a successful viking conqueror? Please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Stoned Crusader said:
Tiera said:
Kjertesvein said:
kaiser said:
You can make them pay a toll first, usually 800-1000 gold, then attack them again to plunder  :twisted:
Strange, I get 4000-5000 gold per toll. It's usually way more profitable than attacking them.  ^^

I wonder if the toll is leveled somehow, because i've never got anything more than 600 from a 60+ member caravan.

Yep I'm getting about the same.

I think it has something to do with your renown and persuasion skill level, maybe some other factors.

My persuasion is at 5 and renown is roughly 1000, no more than 20 points lower than that.

toll depends on your party strength, so if you attack a caravan with 1000 men you'll get crapload of money. It's native code, but we can probably cap it.

JuJu70 said:
toll depends on your party strength, so if you attack a caravan with 1000 men you'll get crapload of money. It's native code, but we can probably cap it.
Please, please don't cap. :ohdear:

Stoned Crusader said:
Yeah I noticed that too, raiding caravans is more profitable than plundering villages.  More fun too since they have better troops defending them.

Im probably a bit late on this but;

My favourite tweak http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg7944680.html#msg7944680
From the god of tweaks  :lol:
Seriously go on the tweak thread Kraggrim has made loads.

TheBarbarian said:
Keep your party small(ish) but elite for the early-to-mid game, to avoid angry lords coming after you for burning down their villages and taking their prized butter.

I find Svear Warriors to be an excellent force of mercenaries.

I agree, Svears and Veterans are the best value of the mead hall dudes (high chance of chainmail at reasonable pay rates).

Faction specific equivalents have a bit cheaper salary, but you either have to free them, train them up or recruit from your prisoners.

Does anyone know how to tweak the amount of money you can get from raiding a monastery in reforged edition? It seems the tweaks posted by Kalarhan don't work in 2.005. A slightly bigger loot would make looting monasteries a lot more tempting.

Tiera said:
Does anyone know how to tweak the amount of money you can get from raiding a monastery in reforged edition? It seems the tweaks posted by Kalarhan don't work in 2.005. A slightly bigger loot would make looting monasteries a lot more tempting.

1) Tweaks you should ask on the.. Tweaks thread!  :mrgreen:

2) It works (it uses regex...)

But, we'd just rather post a question. It's easier than searching, reading, and figuring things out. I mean, really.  :razz:

kalarhan said:
Tiera said:

1) I know but it's not such a major thing and I thought it relates to my topic so perhaps someone reading this can also answer this question.

2) I feel myself really stupid now but I don't understand how. The text in my menus.txt is totally different than in the one on the tweaks thread. Or do I need to add it? I'm really sorry I'm being such an idiot, but I don't understand regex. I know it's probably not that hard but after long days at the university all my brain power is exhausted :grin:

kwbudirt said:
But, we'd just rather post a question. It's easier than searching, reading, and figuring things out. I mean, really.  :razz:

Really, especially since people on this forum seem so helpful. You can always ask, right? :smile:

ThorsHammer said:
Stoned Crusader said:
Yeah I noticed that too, raiding caravans is more profitable than plundering villages.  More fun too since they have better troops defending them.

Im probably a bit late on this but;

My favourite tweak http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg7944680.html#msg7944680
From the god of tweaks  :lol:
Seriously go on the tweak thread Kraggrim has made loads.

Hehe that is a good tweak indeed, I recommend it as well.  I've been using it for the passed few days, slaughtering poor defenseless farmers gets stale after a while.

Back
Top Bottom