How many scenes are finished?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, problem is just that village battles suck. :xf-grin:

I think the general design needs to change. If someone raids a village with his 200 men army he would probably position 175 of them on an open field before the village and just take a small party to plunder.
So when we attack them the battle should take place on an open field with the village in the background. If we defeat them they could try to escape to the village centre where we can fight with a smaller force similar to keep battles.

+1

They cannot customize each tavern for each city that easily since each tavern you are entering is actually a 3D object with walls embedded inside, like in Warband. ( Someone can correct me if I'm wrong ) So to do that, the art team have to create each tavern by hand/texture it, bake it etc and then should be added into the game and send to environment artists and they have to change etc. It not just doubles but triples to work in a way. I would love to see that though. But I think it's unlikely that they will do.
Seriously if they really keep just one tavern scene for each culture I think i will throw up.
There is only so much I can patch with my imagination.

Yeah, problem is just that village battles suck. :xf-grin:

I think the general design needs to change. If someone raids a village with his 200 men army he would probably position 175 of them on an open field before the village and just take a small party to plunder.
So when we attack them the battle should take place on an open field with the village in the background. If we defeat them they could try to escape to the village centre where we can fight with a smaller force similar to keep battles.
Whenever I raid somewhere I'm left wondering why I cant use the "wait till nightfall" thing we can do for hideouts, rather than letting their whole militia nicely line up and equip themselves.

Why cant I just sneak in to the village when everyone's asleep and kill and raid that way? Maybe skill checks could have a chance of revealing you and forcing you into battle early with your troops scattered around the village map in camps if you have low skills in roguery or tactics etc. At least it would make village battles more interesting than the usual:
  1. F1
  2. F3
  3. chuckle as literal starving peasants are cut down by bloodthirsty warriors.
Or hell (more for earlygame / sub 100 troop parties), if i'm being chased by an enemy party and pass by a neutral village, why cant I bribe the local headsmen to let my troops in and effectively have a tiny siege battle in/around the village, letting me place my archers on village rooves or behind walls, men at chokepoints between homes etc. Cost/Chance to accept (or even be double crossed by the headsmen) would scale off your charisma stat

Making every city and castle unique what they promised us in early access description. They have already put word on this. I am one of the people that waiting the game to play until it become fully immersive, and scene for me is one of the immersive element besides roleplay elements.

Back
Top Bottom