How good or bad bannerlord multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings. I reach 1500 hour warband since 2015 to 2019 and i break warband.

Whats different warband and bannerlord? Is game have 10 vs 10 games? 12-12 etc.
Whats different mechanics warband?

My impression is that the main difference between the games are the animations. Bannerlord has a lot more camera bouncing up and down, attack animations feeling like twohanded swords behaving like a sledgehammer, and everytime you make a stab attack, especially with onehanders, your character gets arthritis and needs to take a break before stabbing and also a long pause after stabbing. But the new animations make it more satisfying when you wack some dude in the head with your great axe.

still clunky and unresponsive. They have dedicated MP dev team for years now which is unable to adress these basic issues existing since closed beta. No surpirse that MP population is like 2-3 hundreds of dedicated fans.

I'd say the core gameplay is very similar, most warband skills are almost 100% transferable, but of course there are nuances and some are great, some are bad, many are controversial. But overall I'd say it's good enough that I don't feel like going back to Warband personally; some wouldn't agree of course, but you just gotta try it out to decide for yourself. I had held hope that it's gonna become even better for the first few years... but apparently this is as good as it gets and honestly it's pretty good.

I actually prefer the melee combat in Bannerlord compared to Warband. It feels like theres more inertia and weight to attacks, which does make melee slower, but I find makes it more tactical. The greatsword (and 2h weaps in general) tricks you could pull off in Warband were much more twitch reflex based, I think. You still have some of that inherent in the mechanics, but it's not nearly as bad.

Now that the official servers have FF turned on the mechanics of the game can really shine imo. This game without FF is much dumber.

Back
Top Bottom