Hold Fire

Users who are viewing this thread

I've read around the forum from the people that played it, that the hold fire command is actually in version 1.0, which I think is going to be one of the most useful commands, besides hold position of course.  :smile:

I'm SO glad they added hold fire, I can't wait to have my group of Vaegir Marksmen hold fire until the enemy is up close and then BAM! Same with firearms mods.

HOld fire ows in 1.0

I had 13 archers. Raped like 30 nords when i press fire at will.

They all died in seconds.  IT was EPIC.

Redcoat - Mic said:
Yes but who's hard work, presistence and never-say-die dedication to see the job through got us this far?

Your E-peen is comparable to Whoopin's.

Redcoat - Mic said:
My sarcasm is comparable to the moon, while your ability to not get it is only parallel to the giant **** I just took.
You cant believe how hard I laughed whit this post.

We have hold fire, but it could cooler. It'd be coolest if, instead of sheathing swords and having to reload crossbows before shooting again, they stood ready. An order of "Fire!" meaning an instantaneous volley from all your missile troops. That would rock!

I set my archer up like this

enemy    low ground
                              VVV
                              ^^^
                              infantry  horsemen

archers    high ground

I do a infantry charge in front of the horse charge or vice versa depending on army size
Than my archer charge, so their always firing until the charge

Not really, they stop firing once the enemy begins to climb the hill towards you to stop from hitting their own men, it's best to place them in front then get your men to charge forward at the last second.

Redcoat - Mic said:
Not really, they stop firing once the enemy begins to climb the hill towards you to stop from hitting their own men, it's best to place them in front then get your men to charge forward at the last second.

Yes, apart from being historically accurate, this is one of the best tacticts but can sometimes be messy if the enemy cavalry charge early and catch up to your missiles.

I tend to bring up my crossbowmen and have them hold until the enemy is within a stones throw (literally). The bolts just slaughter the infantry and the horses are almost never stupid enough charge through it.

Back
Top Bottom