Historical DLC sometime after Bannerlord gets relased ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I will try to keep the post short,but i will probably fail.
I personally bought Warband for the Viking Conquest DLC,and i played it quite alot,i loved everything about it really,well..besides the fact i never found Morrigan again.I played Total War Attila before Warband ,and in that game,i don't know how,i can't point my finger at it,but there is something in the atmosphere of that game that is incredibly appealing to me personally,and I think,to alot of other players,but i wanted to be more in there,in the battles etc.So i found out about Warband,and i saw the Viking DLC and i instantly bought it,and again,i really enjoyed it,for what it was.
ANYWAYS,I really,really hope developers add a simlar DLC to Bannerlord like they did for Warband.Although personally i would LOVE them to have a DLC set before the Viking one,in the period from 400 AD,so yeah,the period Total War Attila is set in,i mean I think its not that hard to imploment all the factions,admittedly,there is alot of them if they really wanna do it like TW:Attila did..But have the main ones at least,again something like Attila,So: Huns,both Roman empires,Desert factions : Sassian/Sassanid empire,Germanic factions : They can choose which ones to imploment but i guess they sould go for Franks and Saxons,and Goths,and of course Jutes/Danes/Geats (Northern Germanic),Celts and also Slavs.They would need a bigger map,thats logical,but i think with Bannerlord engine,they can do it maybe.I know what I am suggesting is basically impossible,but this is the most general suggestion,they can modify it however they want,maybe make it just Europe,as the Tribes migrate away from the Huns,or something like that.
I don't know,i am saying all this in hopes that at least one developer will read this and have this in their mind,I personally would pay for a DLC like this more then the game itself.Any suggestion or constructive criticism is always welcome.Cheers

Well I've got good news and bad news.

Bad news:  it probably wont be a DLC because the size and scope of dark age Europe is too large.  Think about all the factions present in TW:Attilla.  The VC DLC had a relatively small area and way fewer factions.  I don't think TWs would put the effort into creating such a large DLC directly and if they do go for a smaller scale DLC eg.  Dark age Britain they would probably sell the rights/delegate (?) The task to another group of devs as was done with VC.

Good News:  there will be very large and very detailed mods of historical periods.  This is already the case with Warband with mods such as 1257AD and it's spiritual  successor, Medieval Conquest.  I'm not a modder but severap blogs have given the impression that modding will be much more convenient for modders in Bannerlord ( easier to make scenes, ability to design model skeletons for different animals etc)  so it should be safe to assume that mods in Bannerold with be of a level and quality much higher than the mods currently in Warband.  You'll probably get your chance to play a roughly historically accurate campaign in the European dark ages, maybe not as a DLC

Crowcorrector said:
Well I've got good news and bad news.

Bad news:  it probably wont be a DLC because the size and scope of dark age Europe is too large.  Think about all the factions present in TW:Attilla.  The VC DLC had a relatively small area and way fewer factions.  I don't think TWs would put the effort into creating such a large DLC directly and if they do go for a smaller scale DLC eg.  Dark age Britain they would probably sell the rights/delegate (?) The task to another group of devs as was done with VC.

Good News:  there will be very large and very detailed mods of historical periods.  This is already the case with Warband with mods such as 1257AD and it's spiritual  successor, Medieval Conquest.  I'm not a modder but severap blogs have given the impression that modding will be much more convenient for modders in Bannerlord ( easier to make scenes, ability to design model skeletons for different animals etc)  so it should be safe to assume that mods in Bannerold with be of a level and quality much higher than the mods currently in Warband.  You'll probably get your chance to play a roughly historically accurate campaign in the European dark ages, maybe not as a DLC
Yup, thought so myself.But well they said that bannerlord will have more villages and that surely would mean that the map is gonna be much bigger... Also,idk if you played the Bellum Imperi mod,but they basically made a huge map there,it has the entire europe,middle east...i dont think it had africa but hey the mod ran completely fine,i mean if a mod can achieve such a map in Warband,why cannot a large dlc do that in Bannerlord...Anyways thanks for the answer.

1: Before all Taleworlds not will do hundred of stupids DLCs as CA or Paradox.
2: I not believe as someone will do a mod about Dark Ages because many will focusing mostly on fantasy and medieval history

Arnulf Floyd said:
1: Before all Taleworlds not will do hundred of stupids DLCs as CA or Paradox.
2: I not believe as someone will do a mod about Dark Ages because many will focusing mostly on fantasy and medieval history

+1

think talesworlds will release like 1 Dlc per year

nw probably first

Svarogorije said:
But well they said that bannerlord will have more villages and that surely would mean that the map is gonna be much bigger...

map scale is not related to the real world size. You can have a campaign on a small-ish location (France, Britain Islands, Italy, ...) with 500 villages and towns, or use the entire world with 50 towns. More culture-base factions means more items to make them look unique, which is more a question of art work. Of course you can also implement unique mechanics for those groups.

VC, as a example, has 21 factions in a small area, with 6 main groups of influence (like Irish and Saxons). Warband has 6 factions, with similar number of cultures. So the scale of items is actually similar, even if one has 3.5x the number of kingdoms.

DLC throughout the presumably long life of Bannerlord would be a good thing if the quality is there and they are fairly priced. I know the modding scene will be huge but it would be nice for the creator (TW) to also add in their own spin-offs. Now with their larger team they should be able to produce DLC in house.

I think DLC should have a campaign, a multiplayer combat mode, and new tools for modders - this seems like a lot but the campaign could be on a smaller scale. I would like to see ancient themed warfare for starters - not too picky on the specific setting.
Also
Kortze26 said:
(Elephants confirmed?)

Historical DLCs would indeed be sweet!

I know that Paradox gets lots of flak for their DLCs but I'm all aboard them so DLCs with Bannerlords would work fine with me. :grin:

Arnulf Floyd said:
I sincerely wish a historical DLC about medieval Europe but set in 15th Century

That would be nice, but hasn't TW said that they went backwards in time due to them not feeling that the engine and gameplay was suitable to the late medieval and renaissance era? Or is my brain making all these things up?

Gurkhal said:
Arnulf Floyd said:
I sincerely wish a historical DLC about medieval Europe but set in 15th Century

That would be nice, but hasn't TW said that they went backwards in time due to them not feeling that the engine and gameplay was suitable to the late medieval and renaissance era? Or is my brain making all these things up?

I can't confirm or deny that but I don't see how the time period would matter so long as it's Mount and Blade and not Assault rifle and Airplane...

to answer the OP's question:
M&B originally had a stand alone expansion called Warband in order to flesh out some of the things that the community was asking quite a lot for after the release of a playable version of their game (well before it was complete). the DLCs that were released afterwards were first successful mods that they felt could bring quite a bit to the game itself. most mods are of different historical periods.

so will the first DLC be one a bit before VC? doubtful, as the first one will probably be a response to features that the community is very vocal about. after that the DLCs will probably be a professional rework of popular mods. so you might be able to play something similar to what you want before the first DLC is sold, but you may have to wait for actual DLC that you want to play. playing and supporting with goodwill mods that do what you want is the best way to get the DLC that you are asking for.

Gurkhal said:
Historical DLCs would indeed be sweet!

I know that Paradox gets lots of flak for their DLCs but I'm all aboard them so DLCs with Bannerlords would work fine with me. :grin:
The reason why Paradox, and now also Creative Assembly, catch flak for DLC is because they produce it in droves and sometimes not worth the money and essentially making the base game less valuable by doing so. I would be fine seeing a few historical DLC options throughout the life of Bannerlord, in fact I think that would be great. I am not asking for TW to release 15 mini-sized DLC to monetize the game to hell and back.

On the topic of DLCs I think I'd rather have Taleworlds flesh out new mechanics (eg. A detailed naval combat, exploration and trade mechanic)  and let it be integrated into mods by the community instead

Crowcorrector said:
On the topic of DLCs I think I'd rather have Taleworlds flesh out new mechanics (eg. A detailed naval combat, exploration and trade mechanic)  and let it be integrated into mods by the community instead
I agree but I also see that being able to be added alongside a historical DLC. For instance the ancient era DLC could add in naval combat from that time period because let's face it, the Mediterranean Sea would likely be involved somehow so naval combat would and should be relevant. Once the fundamental naval mechanics are devised - Wham!- pirate mods ahoy. Now, I know there is a large difference between ramming ships and shooting cannons but I am sure someone could figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom