Hideouts -> siegable bandit forts

What do you think about this idea?

• It should be added to the game

• It's good but not worth dev's time

• It's bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Why would bandits ever build a fort? The whole point of their hideouts is to not be noticed.

This idea makes about zero sense to me, even though I agree the mechanics of hideout attacks should be improved in some way.

I agree that it doesn't make a clear sense for bandits to build/use a fort but it's not the quintessence of my idea - the main point is to create small, neutral forts that can be sieged without a 500 men army. I proposed it mainly to enrich the early/mid gameplay but I was also thinking about doing ANYTHING with the hideouts as they're the worst thing that's happened to m&b. People hate them. Also, you know, there's a lot of things that doesn't make a clear sense in m&b (or in games in general) but we accept them because they're greatly improving its mechanics. Of course there are limits, we can't add nonsense only because it seems to be cool in a way.

I actually like the concept and general campaign effect of bandit hideouts, but I definitely agree they should be improved. I like the idea of a mini-siege. Not necessarily like a castle, but at least some sort of fortified encampment. At the very least, they need to improve the variety and format of the hideout raids

They could, I just don't see why they would ever do that. A fort is easier to spot than a hideout that blends in. And once they're spotted, they have little chance against any army, whether they have any fortifications or not won't make a difference.
Bandits wouldn't usually be defending against real armies. Most likely it would be against the local sheriff and his men, so a small fortification would make plenty of sense. Certainly more sensible than a series of campfires spread out across an area so wide that the guys at one campfire can't tell that their buddies are being slaughtered at the next campfire.

And a "fort" wouldn't need to be a full stone castle. It could be a rough palisade or even a bunch of hastily assembled barricades around a natural defensive point. On the sea raider hideout, for example, it could simply be them dragging their longboats up the shore to make a barricade around the cave entrance.

I agree that it doesn't make a clear sense for bandits to build/use a fort but it's not the quintessence of my idea - the main point is to create small, neutral forts that can be sieged without a 500 men army.
The nice thing about this idea is that it would introduce the player to siege gameplay on a small scale early on, and it would give you something to level engineering on in the early game instead of having to wait until you're a vassal and able to lead armies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom