Helmets

Users who are viewing this thread

Can we get Helmets like this

G5P4B2x.jpg
GyhuAXy.jpg

this is actually a serious request

Mhmm, honestly those look like early 17th century helmets, and though Bannerlord isn't restricted to only taking inspiration from a certain time period I feel that having helmets that look like they're from the Renaissance would be more than a little anachronistic (I don't think even Warband, which is set two hundred years later, took from the Renaissance era).

So no, I don't think we should get helmets like those in Bannerlord.

Edit: After a little bit of searching I have come to the conclusion that those helmets are more likely Savoyard burgonets, which technically came about shortly after the end of what we call the Renaissance.

Lord Engineer said:
Mhmm, honestly those look like early 17th century helmets, and though Bannerlord isn't restricted to only taking inspiration from a certain time period I feel that having helmets that look like they're from the Renaissance would be more than a little anachronistic (I don't think even Warband, which is set two hundred years later, took from the Renaissance era).

So no, I don't think we should get helmets like those in Bannerlord.

But...it has a smiley face.

Arnulf Floyd said:
I want Valsegard and Vendel helmets for Sturgia. I am interested only by cataphracts
I think at the very least there will be one helmet inspired by the helmets found at Valsegärde and Vendel. The helmet prince Raganvad was shown wearing at gamescom was very similar to the Valsgärde 8 helmet.
Rj1cX.jpg
valsHelmetOverall.jpg
V8-complete-11.jpg

Couldn't care less what sort of helmets are going to be in Bannerlord. The original will be only used to get familiar with game whilst waiting, ev contribuiting, to all the juicy mods rolling out  :twisted:

ermine said:
Couldn't care less what sort of helmets are going to be in Bannerlord. The original will be only used to get familiar with game whilst waiting, ev contribuiting, to all the juicy mods rolling out  :twisted:

cant use mods in multiplayer and it could be a helmet of some mercanary unit or maybe the helmet of some recruitable character

As others have said, I doubt Bannerlord will include any armets. However, according to the modding blog:

By changing XML files, it will be possible to modify or add/delete most types of game objects such as items, characters, factions etc. Of course it will also be possible to add new assets such as meshes or textures.

There is at least one armet in Narf’s Men at Arms pack for Warband. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,230895.0.html

While Warband assets will be lower detail models than those created for Bannerlord, the better ones could still be reused. Helmets may be the easiest items to add if they are unrigged in BL and centred on the origin similar to Warband. However, I expect their materials will need to be given a suitable Bannerlord shader.

Caps said:
ermine said:

cant use mods in multiplayer and it could be a helmet of some mercanary unit or maybe the helmet of some recruitable character

Wrong, you can in Warband multiplayer. Safe to assume you can in Bannerlord.

TheWayofNi said:
Caps said:
ermine said:

Wrong, you can in Warband multiplayer. Safe to assume you can in Bannerlord.

You Ni's invaded TG-Arena and is this the time to invade forums too ?

Back
Top Bottom