Guide for the mainline quests [SPOILERS]

Users who are viewing this thread

Gianmarco said:
Borcha needs relationship 15, and he doesn't give you the quest for "hunting black khergits".
You can give Borcha books (not for reading), or you can help him during combat, when he's in trouble (there's a non-sound dialogue line in the event log "thanks, ~bla bla".
Thank you for the hints, just reached relations 15 with Borcha and obtained clue 1. Marnid gave me the black khergit quest by a conversation in the camp.
Try figuring out things on your own...you can ask about game-stopping trouble, or really really supersecret stuff. Have fun!
It's what i usually do, but i've already finished the chapter and still not solved the mistery of the clues, nor completed the black khergit quest. I really like this mod and i want to complete EVERY quest , and find EVERY special object!

If you need help with the clues, ask again. The Black Khergit quest can never be completed: It's an open bounty hunt quest. Although, after hunting down enough parties (10 should be enough, I think 5 may be too), the quest giver will unlock your reward.

Samurai Ninja said:
Do you have to join the dark side?

Only if your name is Anakin =D, seriously, no you don't have to join dark side. Even if you want to it may be impossible, depending your choices in character creation.

I wonder why I can't recruit Melva and secret man. After I joint a kingdom to increase the relationship with the king, get permission to fight in national tournament, and win at last; the side quest of rescue Melva doesn't appear, and when secret man comes to me, the question doesn't allow me to recruit Melva. It say I am a lord of a kingdom, so don't need help from him. I've tried with each of the anwers to him.

jatherion said:
I wonder why I can't recruit Melva and secret man. After I joint a kingdom to increase the relationship with the king, get permission to fight in national tournament, and win at last; the side quest of rescue Melva doesn't appear, and when secret man comes to me, the question doesn't allow me to recruit Melva. It say I am a lord of a kingdom, so don't need help from him. I've tried with each of the anwers to him.

Better reload. You can't recruit Melva and can't get Secret Man, if you're a vassal or a mercenary for any kingdom.
If you're mercenary, then wait until the contract expires, THEN do the national tournament.
If you're a vassal, retract your oath.

Otherwise, I hope you can still go the evil path, else you will not get Melva or Secret Man.

I have a problem i can't speak with arrasis becuase i don't have borcha in my troops and i don't know who and where is this borchat HELP ME PLS

YVAN said:
I have a problem i can't speak with arrasis becuase i don't have borcha in my troops and i don't know who and where is this borcha HELP ME PLS
Talk to Ramun in Zendar. He'll send you to Rivacheg hinting that he's in jail there.

In Rivacheg, go the the CASTLE HALL! (Of course! ALL petty horse thieves are kept in the castle hall! :razz:)
Borcha is in a custom dungeon at the back of the hall. Go into the alcove at the back of the hall and turn LEFT.

Talk to him, then negotiate with the steward/jailer about taking him to Sargoth. You should get him down to 100 GP. (... or was it 50? :???: Can't remember, I'm at the tail end of a playthrough.)

You'll enjoy having him in the party. :grin: He helps you meet the Horse Merchant, and his comments about the main quest are pretty funny. Plus there's a silly rivalry he has with Marnid over Ymira. :lol:

OldGreyBeard said:
You'll enjoy having him in the party. :grin: He helps you meet the Horse Merchant, and his comments about the main quest are pretty funny. Plus there's a silly rivalry he has with Marnid over Ymira. :lol:

Borcha also has a very useful ability if I recall correctly, by talking to him through the party scene he can spoil the location of any nearest bandit parties, good for training your troops during the mainline quests!

Hey, I've been having trouble getting the second stone which requires the first one and the star horn. I've waiting at what seems to be the right spot for a few days, haven't heard anything, and when I camp there, I can see the yellow flare, but going through it does nothing. Is this a bug?

LucarioRazex said:
Hey, I've been having trouble getting the second stone which requires the first one and the star horn. I've waiting at what seems to be the right spot for a few days, haven't heard anything, and when I camp there, I can see the yellow flare, but going through it does nothing. Is this a bug?

I *think* I had this happen once. It was at least 2 years ago, ... memory is such a chancy thing. :sad:
Try moving completely away from the and camp.
Move back and wander around the Khergit/Rhodok border after dark until you see a status message saying you heard the horn and should camp.
Try walking through the flare. (Also, try jumping. IIRC, the flare can show up on a hillside and be too high to just grab.)
(FWIW, I keep 3 or 4 saves and save fresh every day or two, keeps the infamous corrupted save bug mostly at bay.)
I sure hope this helps. This is such a sweet mod, even after all these years!

i'm still confused about the Gems thing. You guys talked about a village named Emer, but in the mod im playing its already using different names no more the native names. and also i kind of found a village that seems like on a hill in the lightning country / i guess khergit but i dont hear any horn sounds when walking near it. also if i choose the walk around option in the camp menu i see a "fire flare floating" thing but when i walked through it nothing happens.

tpN1 said:
i'm still confused about the Gems thing. You guys talked about a village named Emer, but in the mod im playing its already using different names no more the native names. and also i kind of found a village that seems like on a hill in the lightning country / i guess khergit but i dont hear any horn sounds when walking near it. also if i choose the walk around option in the camp menu i see a "fire flare floating" thing but when i walked through it nothing happens.

I had that walking through the fire and not getting a gem ... IIRC, I left the area for a full day or 2, then went back. Then I got the message about the horn sounding and I should camp. Then I walked through the flare and got the gem. I generally wait till full dark before camping. I'm attaching a screenshot that shows the general area. I sure hope this helps.

Attachments

• StarHornGemLocation.png
    StarHornGemLocation.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
I need help. I am playig this new version (which is remade, changed names etc. Era of Shinobi) This guidewas useful to me but I can't kill Madara, for some reason he is invincible. He takes damage and I can go o like 10 minutes of dealing him 240+ dmg but he just keeps running around.

Back
Top Bottom