Need More Info GPU MAX USAGE, OVERHEAT, LAG. ANY SETTING GTX 1060, 1070 (more than only me)

Users who are viewing this thread

railanderx

first of all my pc:
16RAM
INTEL CORE I7-7700HQ CPU @2.80GHz
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060
SCREEN: 1920 X 1080, 60Hz

-after a while in game goes to max gpu usage, overheat and extreme lag.
-only happens after a few minutes playing. that goes on any graphics quality equaly. and when i get to load screens/ configurations menu the gpu usage goes down to less than 10. i cant play the game, tried for 6 hours to make it work on the current state my messing with options and restarting alot.
-just before it locks at 100% on the map and on battles, starts random spikes from 30 GPU to 100 GPU and then back down.
-theres is no problem on anything on my pc, i can run games such as skyrim se and the withcher 3 on max settings fine. i also checked for everything i could think off

FOUND 5 PEOPLE SO FAR WITH THE SAME PROBLEM
one of them has 1070 GTX i7 3.7Ghz

I'm experiencing this too, using GTX 1070. I thought it was strange since I can play plenty of intensive games on high settings without stuttering. Bannerlord is really tough too play right now since I spend 50% of play time just looking at loading screens.

I'm experiencing this too, using GTX 1070. I thought it was strange since I can play plenty of intensive games on high settings without stuttering. Bannerlord is really tough too play right now since I spend 50% of play time just looking at loading screens.
Yea, i didnt have any problems with load screens. Like i said this gpu issue is only in the map and scenes. Ill keep talking here in to try to put this problem on the eyes of the devs. Because all the forums are being flooded with the same bug reports. And this one is a big one because makes the game unplayable for people that have it. And unlike many others performance issues this ones seems to be a bug.

I also saw the high gpu usage, but no problems so far.
I have everything maxed out and my fps max is 120 which I don't reach often so its usage has to be 100%...

my specs:
i7 8700K@4,4GHz
16GBRAM
NVMe Samsung 970 Evo Plus...

Loadings are pretty fast.

I have a GTX 1060 and I have been having the same problems. I manged to find a way around it but its not perfect.

Running the game on my native resolution sent my GPU up to 100% usage on map mode and battles, dipping during loading screens. I fixed this by keeping the same resolution but instead of 60Hz, i dropped it down to 30Hz. The game runs on my GPU at 60% now, much better. However, battles of 200 men or more still send my GPU into overdrive. I tried a battle of 250 men aside in custom battle mode and my GPU nearly died. Super lag.

My GPU should be more than enough for this game. The fact that others have the same issues suggests this is a bug, hopefully to be fixed soon.

using gtx 1050 with a halfway overclocked quad cpu and 60 fps in most fights, no clue why you guys are having bad fps
Yea that's why I feel it must be a bug of some kind. The fact that lower end GPUs can run better than a some with higher specs. I'm glad you can play it just fine though! I can't wait for a smooth run. Does anyone know of diagnostics we can run or information we can post that would be helpful for the devs?

first of all my pc:
16RAM
INTEL CORE I7-7700HQ CPU @2.80GHz
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060
SCREEN: 1920 X 1080, 60Hz

-after a while in game goes to max gpu usage, overheat and extreme lag.
-only happens after a few minutes playing. that goes on any graphics quality equaly. and when i get to load screens/ configurations menu the gpu usage goes down to less than 10. i cant play the game, tried for 6 hours to make it work on the current state my messing with options and restarting alot.
-just before it locks at 100% on the map and on battles, starts random spikes from 30 GPU to 100 GPU and then back down.
-theres is no problem on anything on my pc, i can run games such as skyrim se and the withcher 3 on max settings fine. i also checked for everything i could think off

FOUND 5 PEOPLE SO FAR WITH THE SAME PROBLEM
one of them has 1070 GTX i7 3.7Ghz

Have you considered your processor might be a bottleneck and the game is offloading work onto the graphics card to compensate? My understanding is the 7700HQ doesn't meet the minimum requirements of an i3-8100 which has a base clock of 3.6Ghz.

On another note, It may also depend on how much vRAM your 1060 has.

using gtx 1050 with a halfway overclocked quad cpu and 60 fps in most fights, no clue why you guys are having bad fps
I have no idea also. But is a shame that so many people with even alot more than recomended pc specifications are having those performance problems.
Im pretty disapointed, i can understand crashes and all the other stuff on early acess, but with an NVIDIA PARTNERSHIP this should never happen.
Idk looks to me like a bug is going on or just a really bad optimization that doesnt work with certain graphic cards.

Have you considered your processor might be a bottleneck and the game is offloading work onto the graphics card to compensate? My understanding is the 7700HQ doesn't meet the minimum requirements of an i3-8100 which has a base clock of 3.6Ghz.

On another note, It may also depend on how much vRAM your 1060 has.
I disagree given that multiple people reported the exact same problem with better processors.
Edit: thats the base ghz. In turbo boost it surpases the 3.6ghz of an i3-8100.

Last edited:
I disagree given that multiple people reported the exact same problem with better processors.
Yes but as it may turn out, just because you're experiencing the same symptom as other users, doesn't mean there aren't different causes. We all have different machines that are configured in different ways, looking at this from a troubleshooting standpoint, there may be different reasons for everyone as to why GPUs are being overworked. While there may be an underlying development issue in terms of stability and optimization, it may be that even after these are fixed your machine may still not run the game properly.

I have found a thread on steam regarding all known bugs with the early access, it lists the following GPU's as having issues: GTX 1070, GTX 1060, 5700 X. This is a pinned thread by the developers so it would appear they are aware of the issues these cards are having. We just need to be patient and wait on a fix.

I have found a thread on steam regarding all known bugs with the early access, it lists the following GPU's as having issues: GTX 1070, GTX 1060, 5700 X. This is a pinned thread by the developers so it would appear they are aware of the issues these cards are having. We just need to be patient and wait on a fix.
Agreed, thanks for the info!

TO be fair, the game is not even fully featured. No point getting to invested when there are issues, bugs and features that haven't even been implemented yet. Considering the game has been in development for 7 years, I am surprised that the game was released into early access in the state its in, but atleast i got a shot of it despite these issues. I highly recommend the following as a temporary fix to your GPU issues:

1: set resolution to match your desktop resolution. (Do not select "desktop resolution", pick it manually)
2: Pick the 30Hz version of your resolution. This fixed the 100% usage on my GTX 1060, averages out at 60% usage.
3: Limit battle sizes to around 350 men. Anything more will drive your GPU back up to 100%

My game went from unplayable to mostly playable which is better...

I am running on the following;
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (absolute pants, i know)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB Ram

Back
Top Bottom