Gonna take a break why?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have about 70 hours in bannerlord already and the faction snowballing is dreadful factions get wiped out way to quick and they declare multiple wars knowing they cant win them there is no peace time at all! They overextend and factions start at war on day 1 really it's just constant war and progress is horribly slow for the player just killing looters gets boring after a while and by the time I get to clan tier 2 or higher the whole map is taken over by a faction I know its early acess and theres gonna be problems I hope Tw sees this post cause it's good criticism that's needed I wanna wait until some good updates come out ty TW!

Yup. I believe most people who've reached mid to late game feel the same way.

I've also taken a break from the game. I say come back when they actually release a major update for the game and not these short term stop gaps. :xf-wink:(y)

yes, i have come to the conclusion i will take a break.

Goto sleep works fine, they do updates - crashes in fights and in sieges.
Tried so much **** to update making sure got latest of everything.

They need more quality patches not rushed ones.

Snowballing isnt actually that bad anymore its playable now, but yesss there are to many wars. Its like a world war out there everyone doing wars on min. 2 factions. Sometimes i dont get the war declared notigication too and a truce notification would be good too.

I'm playing a merc who roots for the underdogs. Whenever a monthly contract expires (mod-added) I go offer my services to the weakest faction at the moment. You gotta keep snowballing in check

Ohhh? What day/year you at?
I have a 2 new campaigns I made and neither have had any snowballing. At least I don't consider a faction or two getting destroyed over time as snowballing. My main campaign is around the day 900 area and the only factions gone are the empire ones and that's because I took over some of them.

Snowballing isnt actually that bad anymore its playable now, but yesss there are to many wars. Its like a world war out there everyone doing wars on min. 2 factions. Sometimes i dont get the war declared notigication too and a truce notification would be good too.
Yeah war is a mess, its early access so kingdom diplomacy makes sense that it's barely there, and you do get notifications but they just go by so quick they are almost useless so that should be more obvious.

this is pissing me off:
"this game is early access and thats why SOME things doesn work as it should"
so yeah lets make an alpha: buggy, unfinished, unpolished, with half features not working and lets tell "its early access"
but still lets sell it at full price! Modders will finish and polish the game!

you can only look at playing this like you're testing it, it's hardly anything right now besides a sweet looking template to expand upon. It's far from a compelling sandbox. I would imagine they crush all the bugs with this current build and then layer new mechanics and problems in the months to come, but what the hell do I know, I bought Stellaris when it came out too ??

So far it's a start it's gonna be interesting to see how this progresses in coming months while we're all bugging out hiding from coronavirus.

Last edited:
I'm taking a break and, based on what I've seen so far, I hope I don't get sucked back into the game. The quests are simple, not very fun. Limited explanation about how stuff actually works. So much stuff crashes/is broken. If Steam allowed it, I'd trade this half-baked RPG/RTS for something from the Total War series.

this is pissing me off:
"this game is early access and thats why SOME things doesn work as it should"
so yeah lets make an alpha: buggy, unfinished, unpolished, with half features not working and lets tell "its early access"
but still lets sell it at full price! Modders will finish and polish the game!
Where you there with the original mount and blade? Taleworlds has always worked like this. They release something once it's fun to play (like bannerlord right now) but that isn't nearly finished. Then they work closely together with the community to improve and resolve the game until it becomes as stable and as good as warband was. Then the modding community picks up and starts adding stuff like orcs and diplomacy and scenes etc etc.

Just provide them feedback, you'll see. This will become epic.

^^^

Although many of my posts may seem negative, it's not because I hate the game, or the devs, it's because I want the game to get better, and I feel like sugarcoating anything will result in people believing whatever issue I have isn't a big deal.

They said many times it would take a year or so to fully finish and polish the game. They aren't lying to us, 'nor are they trying to deceive us by making an empty shell of a game that barely works. I bought this game knowing full well what I was in for, and so I'm treating it more like I'm a very very early tester

They've been slamming bugs and exploits into the ground since day one. With a new patch almost EVERY DAY of release. That is how much they care about making sure this thing isn't a major disappointment for everyone who has waited YEARS for this game.

I'm taking a break and, based on what I've seen so far, I hope I don't get sucked back into the game. The quests are simple, not very fun. Limited explanation about how stuff actually works. So much stuff crashes/is broken. If Steam allowed it, I'd trade this half-baked RPG/RTS for something from the Total War series.

Ah yes, CA & Total War - well known for their flawless bug free releases...

dd0.jpg

Will the patches slow down a game started before the patches? In my game current game I joined the Khergits pretty early and they doing very well, but the map overall seems okay, just 1 empire is almost finished. I think I got the patches pretty early into the campaign so could they be helping slow it down?
I'm with the bad guys so I'm enjoying it for now, but I would like the game to last.

Will the patches slow down a game started before the patches? In my game current game I joined the Khergits pretty early and they doing very well, but the map overall seems okay, just 1 empire is almost finished. I think I got the patches pretty early into the campaign so could they be helping slow it down?
I'm with the bad guys so I'm enjoying it for now, but I would like the game to last.
Yes they will probably help - but they will do more for a fresh start. Honestly I haven't experienced this issue much myself but I know its a problem. But hell Total War (which I love by the way) has this exact same issue years on from the release of Warhammer 1 - so give TW some time...

Yeah I'm not too worried. It's not like you aim to play 1 game of mount and blade..... you play endless games for a decade......
A year from now all these early janky things will be fond memories.

I have about 70 hours in bannerlord already and the faction snowballing is dreadful factions get wiped out way to quick and they declare multiple wars knowing they cant win them there is no peace time at all! They overextend and factions start at war on day 1 really it's just constant war and progress is horribly slow for the player just killing looters gets boring after a while and by the time I get to clan tier 2 or higher the whole map is taken over by a faction I know its early acess and theres gonna be problems I hope Tw sees this post cause it's good criticism that's needed I wanna wait until some good updates come out ty TW!
70 hours in, you should know how to kick butt, and be the snowball police, see an empire getting out of control, declare war and clean up their armies, the others factions will take some of their territory.

For me it's the perks being broken, it was incredibly disappointing to grind out skill points only to realise that most of the perks i was grinding for are straight up non-functional.

So i'ma play something else for a week or so while they roll out patches, which fair on them they're doing at quite a pace.

Back
Top Bottom