GK Vikingr Event May 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Slytacular

Sergeant Knight
headercopy.jpg

GK Vikingr Event

Every Wednesday at 8:30pm EST

That's right guys, every Wednesday at 8:30pm EST on the US_GK_Vikingr server, all the GKs will head down into the Vikingr server to raid, pillage, and rape!

Hosted by: GK_RDFW_GM_Eidridin (Eidridin), GK_OAS_Dragonhelm, GK_OAS_Odin (Hygilliak)

Team Speak 3 Client Address:
teamspeak.gk-server.us
or

Port:9987

You guys know the basic rules:

-no flaming in the chat -no intentionally hurting your teammates in any shape, form, or fashion, else you will be kicked.
-no glitching.
-no spectating unless it is specifically for videos/screenshots
-no disliking the mod

Post screenies, or your videos here!

This was (and for those who are still playing, is) fun. Too bad so few people show up. 30 players seems to be normal for the Europe server.

Yeah, didn't turn out so great. If only people would try to advertise. Kinda annoys me that I have to keep bothering people to play. I thought the popularity of the event would influence more people to join. Maybe I'm wrong.

Slytacular said:
Yeah, didn't turn out so great. If only people would try to advertise. Kinda annoys me that I have to keep bothering people to play. I thought the popularity of the event would influence more people to join. Maybe I'm wrong.

I personally stopped coming because of the map choice. You should plan out how many rounds of raid, how many rounds of battle, and the maps beforehand so people can offer suggestions to change them. You should also skip siege entirely, it's a 10-minute long deathmatch.

Azrooh did criticize this in one of the older threads, if i remember correctly.

Just a thought... i noticed that some european players (including me) come to the this event for time to time
The playercount is obviously not the reason for this, since we have those numbers on the EU server most of the time.
Also ping is of course worse, and its pretty late... but still europeans are coming.

I think one of the reasons for this is wanting to support the buildup of an NA community. (At least for me it is, apart from other reasons)
Maybe you should use the help of the existing EU community, at least to some degree. I think many of us would happily stay up a little longer and deal with ****ty ping for this. There are two things that would help with bringing more European players to the event:
- Strengthening the event character. Free Play is fun, but just not enough to justify staying up till 4am. By Event don't mean only one game type (as not everbody likes Raid or Siege), but more organisation, more communication (Teamspeak).
- Making the times a bit more EU friendly... not much, obviously, but even an hour earlier makes it a lot easier for EU players.

Hope you don't get this wrong, i am not trying to hijack this event for EU players  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom