SP - UI Give me the vote I click on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
Not sure whether this is a bug or just poor design, but...

Had 2 ongoing wars, one with Northern Empire and one with Aserai.

1) Message popped up that a Northern Empire messenger was making an offer to end the war. Clicked on it, curious what they were offering, but didn't want to end that war (wanted to get Diathma from them before ending the war). As soon as I clicked on it I was swearing to myself as I realized that once I clicked on it there was no way of putting it on hold or rejecting it. So, first point is that there should be a way for a clan leader to tell a foreign emissary either; A) 'Thanks, I'll pass it along' without actually passing it along or B) delaying passing it along (similar to the war start/end vote). No. If you click it to look at it, you automatically pass it along and it automatically goes to a vote whether to end the war. Also, it seems like the ruler could also outright reject it as too low an offer or something without even putting it to a vote.

2) Anyways, because I clicked on the above, I immediately get a pop-up that there is a vote to end the war. Now I've played enough to know pretty much every other clan leader is going to say end the war, because they always do when a vote pops up (unless you are the ruler and you start the vote). I didn't want to end it yet, so I decided to 'not vote' yet. I hoped to maybe get my army that was on the way to Diathma to that town and engage the siege before the time to vote came. Didn't think I had the time, but it was worth a shot. Also, if I engaged another army and captured enough lords, maybe the other clan leaders would decide the offer was too low or something... Good news! 1/2 a day later I get a pop up that the Aserai have made an offer to end the war. Now I know from experience that if we end the war with the Aserai my fellow clan leaders will be less likely to want to end the war with the Northern Empire. So I click on the button to vote to end the war with the Aserai. A message pops up asking if I want to vote on this now. I click yes. Then I realize that even though I clicked on the Aserai war button, the stupid game asked me about the Northern Empire war because that was the older one. So now I HAVE to make a decision on the Northern Empire war even though I specifically stated I wanted to vote on the Aserai war. And yes, 100% of the clan leaders want to end the war with the Northern Empire, as expected. So I'm stuck with ending that war now. Yes I realize that if I took my time and read the whole message carefully I would have realized it was asking about the Northern Empire war, but this is a war game and you are supposed to take charge and be aggressive in wars. You aren't supposed to be reading the fine print.

3) The above relates to war votes, but if I get a pop up to vote on a town, which likely won't have the opinions change over time, and I decide to vote on that, if I click on it, I will get the oldest vote to pop up, even if its a 'vote on peace' type vote.

So here's the summary of my points
...1) if I want to see what the enemy is offering to end the war before deciding to pass it along to the ruler, there's no way to do that without immediately passing it along.
...2) If I have 2 votes pending to end wars or vote on towns/castles and I click on one of them, I should get the one I clicked on. I shouldn't just automatically get the oldest one because whichever one is decided first may affect the results of the other(s). This also applies if there are votes to start wars.

This is happening on my current play through, but I know it was also happening at least as far back as April (probably before).

Back
Top Bottom