Getting music on to cellphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, this forum is full of tech-savvy people I trust, so I figured I'd ask this here.  How would I go about getting a song from my computer (either .midi or not) to my cellphone in such a way as to be able to use it as a ringtone?

That is a secret known only to Nepalese monks dressed in saffron who meditate on the alpine range for 43 and a half years  before they achieve enlightenment, to the rest of us it is but one of the many mysteries in life.

/stupidity

Can't help you, mine automatically converts the music when you put it across via the Nokia program.

Does it have bluetooth? Or did it come with a cable? You need that, or infrared on both your pc and cellphone.

Raz said:
Does it have bluetooth? Or did it come with a cable? You need that, or infrared on both your pc and cellphone.
Not sure, but also, if you have a friend, who has some of the things above, could copy that music to his phone and send it to your phone using multimedia message..

Verizon Wireless you need to buy the songs from either a website/phone or record them (if your phone has recording) I think, my brother has verizon, I have Virgin Mobile.
Also, you can copy the music, forgot about that.

And buying them from a website would be tricky.  I've been searching for Chronotrigger midis from websites that sell ringtones, and they don't have the two that I want.

I'll look into recording options too, though that would produce fairly poor quality rings, right?

Depends on your phone. My brothers is horrible, however, a girl at my school has a voice record better than a high-end microphone.

Ah, custom ringtones. The bane of the universe. How I hate them. My phone doesn't even allow imported music/pics as far as I know. It goes RING RING, which suits me fine.

Err, in short, I can't help, sorry.

:oops:  Yeah, I know.  I've been ranting about custom ringtones for a long time, but...its Chronotrigger!  The nerdiness more than makes up for the (in my mind) social stigma of getting something trendy.  Nerdiness!  :razz:

Few things beat in the world of ringtones, sitting on a quiet bus listening to the sound of marching feet and a loud voice shouting "Auxilium meum a Domino!" and then breaking into a slow chug chug chug of guitars worthy to be held by the god of metal himself! and then you pick up the phone all innocent like "hello?" ^_^

Back
Top Bottom