Getting Captured

Users who are viewing this thread

Insta_Buzz

Recruit
What works for you guys to escape after getting released from captivity? I'll sit in a town for several days and then usually pay for my release. But as soon as I'm outside of the town an enemy commander captures me again. So I wind up losing extreme amounts of money because I get captured until there is peace.

I just ride a horse and ditch extra inventory items like food.

Speed is like 6.8 at that point, so I've never been caught after being released.

What works for you guys to escape after getting released from captivity? I'll sit in a town for several days and then usually pay for my release. But as soon as I'm outside of the town an enemy commander captures me again. So I wind up losing extreme amounts of money because I get captured until there is peace.
Well for starters I would never pay for release, unless you're far into the game swimming with cash.

You usually manage to break out after a couple days anyways.

Like Apocal said prioritize speed, if you're at 6.5 or 7 Party Speed no one's going to catch you. Dump things you don't really need like extra horses, livestock, and trade goods. You can usually carry a decent amount of weapons/armor at 130 inventory weight - which are far more valuable.

That said if you're wounded you are more or less screwed speed wise. Honestly if you "manage to escape" your health should be at 20%, so you've at least got a chance. Generally works that way for when you escape from parties, not sure why dungeons are different. I feel ya though. On a more recent playthrough let myself get captured, every time I got out of Omor someone would grab me again because I was moving too slowly due to wounded status. Didn't actually escape til war was over, so got the Vietnam POW experience you could say.

I've also gotten some incorrectly applied herd penalties too with older saves; not a single horse/animal in my inventory but still got a -2 herd speed penalty for some reason.
🙃

Back
Top Bottom