Get it sorted TaleWorlds

Users who are viewing this thread

well, game is very annoying if you play storymode right from the start, you should first take your time and fight for another kingdom and when you got enough of that, start the story

Albion said:
Well, just got stuffed over again. LOSE everything, DO NOT pass "GO"; DO NOT collect £200. I feel I`m getting nowhere slowly with this game, so time to pack it in.

Unless you have MASSES of time or cheat like a scumbag, I don`t see how anyone can play this on any level other than really easy and even then it shafts you left right and ******** centre.

Off the hard drive you go.

Shame really. So much promise.

I understand your frustrations.  We do appreciate you buying the game, and we're working on improving it.  The comments here are taken seriously, and are a factor in the changes that happen.

My job on the team is continuous development, and one of my goals is to address precisely what you're talking about, which I find as well. 

jesus christ people. what, are we 10 years old here? freaking out over a $15 game?
the game has some bugs. so did warband, so did mount and blade. so did every total war game. and pretty much every PC game I've ever bought in the last 10 years, and that's a lot,  have come out buggy on release. some worse than others.
like dude said, um...nox, they are working on it.
ive known quite a few programers in my life and what i always here is, "when you fix a bug, another one pops up. programing is about writing programs to fix other programs"
all i ever did was basic back in the day so i don't really know out of experience but it sounds about right.
anway good job taleworlds and sich i'm lovin this game. even if i have to be the swedish hero. at least my renown is going up beating off all the enemy lords.
ha.... beating off enemy lords...  :lol:

ebipuam said:
jesus christ people. what, are we 10 years old here? freaking out over a $15 game?
the game has some bugs. so did warband, so did mount and blade. so did every total war game. and pretty much every PC game I've ever bought in the last 10 years, and that's a lot,  have come out buggy on release. some worse than others.
ive known quite a few programers in my life and what i always here is, "when you fix a bug, another one pops up. programing is about writing programs to fix other programs"
all i ever did was basic back in the day so i don't really know out of experience but it sounds about right.
anway good job taleworlds and sich i'm lovin this game. even if i have to be the swedish hero. at least my renown is going up beating off all the enemy lords.

It's because we love this game that we want it to be bug free. It has a lot of potential once free of bugs. Otherwise most of us would not buy all 3 M&B games and put up with all these bugs.
Also, other games may have bugs, but they're minor compared to F&S. At release there was a bug where we couldn't level our troops. A simple gameplay test would reveal it, so it feels like they just rushed things without bothering to test properly. We want Taleworlds to be more professional.

It costing only $15 and being an indie company is not a valid excuse to allow obvious bugs to happen. There is an indie company that created Torchlight. It was also quite cheap but it doesn't have bugs where you cannot level.

It feels like nox was a modder, now hired by Taleworlds to help fix bugs. Taleworlds should look into hiring more modders to fix simple bugs for native F&S, ask them to volunteer or pay them a small amount. That then frees them up for bigger bugs.

Taleworlds should also have a beta testing period, inviting players to test it. It would prevent many obvious bugs like the one where we cannot level. Such a huge and easy bug to detect should never have gone live.

nox said:
Albion said:
Well, just got stuffed over again. LOSE everything, DO NOT pass "GO"; DO NOT collect £200. I feel I`m getting nowhere slowly with this game, so time to pack it in.

Unless you have MASSES of time or cheat like a scumbag, I don`t see how anyone can play this on any level other than really easy and even then it shafts you left right and ******** centre.

I understand your frustrations.  We do appreciate you buying the game, and we're working on improving it.  The comments here are taken seriously, and are a factor in the changes that happen.

My job on the team is continuous development, and one of my goals is to address precisely what you're talking about, which I find as well.

Are there any team focusing on the Multiplayer side? Multiplayer is the best part of the game for me :smile: And for quite a few other people i can say aswell :smile:

Albion said:

I hear you, the game is not only very unforgiving, it's infested with a lot of bugs.
A lot of things are cryptic as to how they work and hard to get started for first comers to the series such as me.
On the other hand,once you figure out how to make money and win renown the easy way, the game becomes too easy even on Normal difficulty.
For instance doing caravans is so much more profitable than anything else in the game,that there is no point fighting deserters,bandits, doing jobs in villages,selling slaves or whatever else the game has and so on.
The game starts very hard and gets easier as you go along instead of the other way around.

The best way to play this is to start a new game with the "Save whenever I want" option.
This allows you to save before a battle or any other events that may happen and you don't know what the result will be.
It also allows you to recover from any unexpected events due to bugs.

Playing in Diablo-mode "Save and Exit" will only make you frustrated and just waste your time by having to grind for money again and again to buy all your items and army back due to the unforgiving nature of the game.

Gerin said:
Adijazz1706 said:
Gerin said:
The only reason I'm patient with these guys is because they're a small unit.  If it were EA or one of the other myriads of corporate software houses, I'd be ruthless.  But yeah, there's more they could have done prior to release.
Ruthless? Just what could you do about it?

Complain on various internet forums.
For all the good that would do, I would rather play this game and learn to live with the bugs.

Afterstar said:
Albion said:

I hear you, the game is not only very unforgiving, it's infested with a lot of bugs.
A lot of things are cryptic as to how they work and hard to get started for first comers to the series such as me.
On the other hand,once you figure out how to make money and win renown the easy way, the game becomes too easy even on Normal difficulty.
For instance doing caravans is so much more profitable than anything else in the game,that there is no point fighting deserters,bandits, doing jobs in villages,selling slaves or whatever else the game has and so on.
The game starts very hard and gets easier as you go along instead of the other way around.

The best way to play this is to start a new game with the "Save whenever I want" option.
This allows you to save before a battle or any other events that may happen and you don't know what the result will be.
It also allows you to recover from any unexpected events due to bugs.

Playing in Diablo-mode "Save and Exit" will only make you frustrated and just waste your time by having to grind for money again and again to buy all your items and army back due to the unforgiving nature of the game.

The game is NEVER easy on 'normal'
I got raped yesterday by lotsa seymen from a khanate lord, pissed me off :razz:
That's on easy, and i can say i got decent armor

original said:
ebipuam said:

It's because we love this game that we want it to be bug free. It has a lot of potential once free of bugs. Otherwise most of us would not buy all 3 M&B games and put up with all these bugs.
Also, other games may have bugs, but they're minor compared to F&S. At release there was a bug where we couldn't level our troops. A simple gameplay test would reveal it, so it feels like they just rushed things without bothering to test properly. We want Taleworlds to be more professional.

It costing only $15 and being an indie company is not a valid excuse to allow obvious bugs to happen. There is an indie company that created Torchlight. It was also quite cheap but it doesn't have bugs where you cannot level.

It feels like nox was a modder, now hired by Taleworlds to help fix bugs. Taleworlds should look into hiring more modders to fix simple bugs for native F&S, ask them to volunteer or pay them a small amount. That then frees them up for bigger bugs.

Taleworlds should also have a beta testing period, inviting players to test it. It would prevent many obvious bugs like the one where we cannot level. Such a huge and easy bug to detect should never have gone live.

right you may love this game. i do too. but truth of the matter is that the bugs encountered are not game breakers and are being fixed. yes the leveling up bug was pretty bad but they had that fixed in a day or 2 and it was only on the english version. IM sorry you have to wait for fixes but that is the way it goes. and yes being a smaller indie company does allow some room for error as they don't have NEAR the budget or staff of big game developers.  you obviously never played medieval 2 when it came out.
also torchlight would appear to me to be a much simpler game to create and release. with no multilayer. no real story to follow, just hack and slash, no economy, hack ans slash and a **** ton of items.

maybe im a fanboy but i see this with every game that comes out. OK maybe FS had a rough start but they are fixing things.

i just think the over reaction of some people is very reminiscent of childhood temper tantrums. i mean there are other things in life besides a game that has a few bugs.

Shingles said:
men play on Realistic, no quit without saving

I look forward to a patch, don't forget to put it on steam :grin:

P.S. patch notes

yeah maybe pissed off men.
i play on the save mode and i save often. AND i play on 44% difficulty. and wait...whats this? *looking* yup still a man down there.
besides how can you parallel being "a real man" with video games. lol

The only hope I have for Taleworlds is the fact that they didn't make the game.  Hopefully they were working on something that doesn't suck while the ukranian company was busy making Wfas.

Well they're working on "project obvious" and, from what I've gathered from nox, it seems that they're helping to fix WFaS's bugs and then add WB features.

Shingles said:
men play on Realistic, no quit without saving

I look forward to a patch, don't forget to put it on steam :grin:

P.S. patch notes
"Real men" don't play computer games.

Back
Top Bottom