General Roleplaying Banter

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, I need some feedback on the Shadowrun thingy. I ended up scrapping my first draft of my character since I realised I didn't like the direction I'd ended up taking him. Now I'm starting again on a new concept, no magic this time. But more of an military-background assassin sort of guy. Stealth, blades, lots of gadgets and utility crap, and either a crossbow or a sharpshooter rifle. Anyone got any input, suggestions, hatemail?

Assassins are gay.

I honestly like the military grunt -> security guard -> Shadowrunner history a bit more (although obviously just my personal opinion).

Let's your character have combat skills, without it being some overly dark/grim/emo storyline.

Like, he starts off as an idealistic military brat, joins the military, checks out when the going is still good, gets a cushy security job, runs into some trouble (financial, gambling/drinking/addiction related, ****s up on the job, maybe accidentally shoots someone), becomes a Shadowrunner.

Assassin might be the wrong word here. More, ex-mil mob enforcer/torpedo type. So yeah, pretty much what you said. Except his story is a bit different since he's from Tir na n'Óg and got mixed up in post-IRA crap and had to bugger off across the pond. But I want to have him be a bit of a gadget-monkey, and have some skill in stealth/infiltration. He'll also have some piloting experience. Sure, it's probably "wasted" BP. But it fits to his backstory so I don't really care.

Teofish said:
Angelsachsen said:
I have a tagline;
'...And so this Great Pestilence, this pernicious corruption in the air, brought the death of peoples and humbled the Realm of Man.'

I will write something for an Interest Check, hopefully something that allows people to imagine living in what I've got in mind. Also, I can't improve on the layout of Úlf's CS and OOC so I'll use them if this is popular.
Wohoo! Sounds cool.
I'll start an interest check thread tomorrow. Too late (in the day) for me to sort it now.

Angelsachsen said:
Teofish said:
Angelsachsen said:
I have a tagline;
'...And so this Great Pestilence, this pernicious corruption in the air, brought the death of peoples and humbled the Realm of Man.'

I will write something for an Interest Check, hopefully something that allows people to imagine living in what I've got in mind. Also, I can't improve on the layout of Úlf's CS and OOC so I'll use them if this is popular.
Wohoo! Sounds cool.
I'll start an interest check thread tomorrow. Too late (in the day) for me to sort it now.

I'm excited.  :razz:

I'm mostly done with the boring technical part. Gods I'd forgotten how much gear and ****e there is in Shadowrun......... You're not going to burn it all again are you?

Guys, I need some brainstorming here.
Imagine that you've got a medieval realm quite rich in gold and notorious for sticking its nose in global politics a bit too much. It's capital is dubbed the City of Lions and overall the theme of lions is very popular among the nobles. It's main army is called Golden Lions and prominent knights are often themselves called Lions.
Now my question is what would you name the general, chief justice and treasury master of such realm? Let's get creative.

Back
Top Bottom