General Balance Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Rallix said:
On the contrary, I feel that shields breaking relatively soon isn't necessarily a bad thing.
It's like an archer running out of ammo.
You need to think about when to use it.

The prices on items in the mod are kinda wonky in general, so it's hard to say what's well priced and what is not.

+1

Rallix said:
On the contrary, I feel that shields breaking relatively soon isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The prices on items in the mod are kinda wonky in general, so it's hard to say what's well priced and what is not.

When to use it? Is this a joke or am I supposed to let the enemy wound me? I believe the Romans would have been doomed in battle if their shields broke after a single duel. Make them comparable to the Rhodok vanilla shields. Not to strong or weak.
Cheers!

Hanz said:
Rallix said:

When to use it? Is this a joke or am I supposed to let the enemy wound me? I believe the Romans would have been doomed in battle if their shields broke after a single duel. Make them comparable to the Rhodok vanilla shields. Not to strong or weak.
Cheers!
Rhodok shields rarely break at all.

No, it's not a joke. Get better at manual blocking and put your shield on your back in a 1v1. You'll then have the shield HP left to take on other things.
Be smart with what you have.

Rallix said:
Hanz said:
Rallix said:

Cheers!
Rhodok shields rarely break at all.

No, it's not a joke. Get better at manual blocking and put your shield on your back in a 1v1. You'll then have the shield HP left to take on other things.
Be smart with what you have.

So I'm not supposed to use my shield? Well I guess I should put away my sword so it doesn't wear out and my armor so it does not become damaged. Might as well kill myself to. Remember kids, shields are not for fighting.
Cheers!

You're giving the XVI one hell of a bad name in my eyes.

Use your resources when you need them, shields for fighting groups, 1h no shield when fighting 1v1.
Not that hard, also, I'm sure James will love to read your comments.

I do not wish to cause offence. I simply find it slightly annoying being called a bad player because I wish the shields could take somewhat more punishment. Not everyone is Achilles :wink:

It seemed like a sarcastic insult towards the developers, my apologies.

I personally think it's helpful to have such low HP on shields, as it increases the skill level required to melee. You can't go into a melee knowing your shield is an ironwall - Now your skills will have to be a wall.

The lad's allowed to criticise, Wind. Leave him be. His grammar is good and he bothers to spell words correctly. So long as he doesn't troll, or directly insult, he's doing a good job.
I think the patch is doing alright, of course in a multiplayer mod it's so difficult to please everybody that complaints are inevitable. Keep up the good work guys.

Hanz said:
I do not wish to cause offence. I simply find it slightly annoying being called a bad player because I wish the shields could take somewhat more punishment. Not everyone is Achilles :wink:

Your not Achilles yet, after Christmas you will be with a lot of practice :wink:

I've never been spectacular in single combat, I'm more of a team player. I'm great to have in a shield wall :grin:

Hanz said:
I've never been spectacular in single combat, I'm more of a team player. I'm great to have in a shield wall :grin:

That can always change, I used to be rubbish in single combat now I can hold my own, just a few tricks and a lot of practice you'll be fine :wink:

Indeed, once upon a time, I got my ass handed to me by everyone, but then I developed a few tricks and my own style of evading their attacks because I sucked in blocking back then, and started getting some kills. You have to try to look from the other peoples' points of view aswell, for example, think, that you are the l33t epic omfgl0lz MLG meleemaster, and you would have to keep bashing for half a round to break one shield. Doesn't sound like fun, does it?
The shields are not there to make you invincible, but to protect you from projectiles and few melee attacks, of course it has its limits.

I don't want them to be superstrong. Maybe just five more strikes from a sword.

Back
Top Bottom