Resolved Game won't start from the launcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Mauley

Recruit
Summary: The game will not start from the launcher
How to Reproduce: Open Steam and find Bannerlord. Launch the game and when in the launcher, press play to start the game. It will not start the game.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.3.0.228478
Installed community-made modifications: None
Computer Specs
:
GPU: RTX 2060
CPU: i7-9750H
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: HM370
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 2TB Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD

I have tried all troubleshooting steps but am unable to get the game to launch from the official launcher through steam. I can start the exe from the install folder and it works but nothing else will launch from the launcher, not even multiplayer.

What happens is the launcher disappears and then nothing happens. I looked in task manager when doing this and the game exe is not start by the launcher when I press play.

Powerful PC you have there.
Did you try restarting your PC after the update?

It is a pretty beastly laptop.

I restarted. I have installed all dependencies. I have decided to uninstall the game from steam, deleted all folders from Documents, deleted all folders from ProgramData, deleted any entries to the game from the registry. After this I have restarted and once again started to install the game again.

uninstall the game from steam, deleted all folders from Documents, deleted all folders from ProgramData, deleted any entries to the game from the registry
Owning more than hundreds of Steam games over the past 15 years, I had never done so thorough "clean up" for any games ?, not even formatting my hard disk.

Owning more than hundreds of Steam games over the past 15 years, I had never done so thorough "clean up" for any games ?, not even formatting my hard disk.

:LOL: I can't help it. I have slight OCD about these things. It is especially annoying when the game was working before I went to bed and then woke up, it updated and all of a sudden stopped working.

SOLVED

I uninstalled all of the Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes from my PC and reinstalled them all again using a VC++ AIO installer. Game now launches as it should do.

This can now be marked as solved.

Back
Top Bottom