Modded Game Crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: Game crashes after a few seconds, I can be just staying at a city, about to raid a bandit camp, or simply walking around and it will crash
How to Reproduce: See the summary, happens almost anywhere about 30 seconds into the game
Have you used cheats and if so which: None but I do have a lot of mods
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.5152
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: ADL Evoque_ADH NBQFT11002301828543400 V1.08
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): NVMe Micron_3400_MTFDKBA1T0TFH

This should contain the full crash report and all mods: https://charcoal-pig.static.domains/crashreport

Last edited:
The crash you have reported originates from mods installed prior. Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here. If you can reproduce the same crash unmodded, please let us know! Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

The crash you have reported originates from mods installed prior. Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here. If you can reproduce the same crash unmodded, please let us know! Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Do you have any idea which type of mod would cause these?

Just asked a developer and he is certain this crash is mod related. You can try clean install but can't help on which mod breaks it.
CLEAN INSTALL
To help you fix the issue you are experiencing, please try the clean install method. The clean install method is removing every single game-related file from your computer and reinstalling the game. Why do you need to remove the game when you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or add contents to the existing modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure files are unchanged. You can find more information about how to do a clean install here.

As Marda says this is mod related.

What Marda suggested is basically the good old try and fail error method.

Disable all mods then enable them based on dependencies(butterlib and harmony etc first - they are updated and should work fine with the current versions)

Then you just enable all the other mods you use 1 by 1 and play for abit before you find the one that causes the crash..

However there may not necessarily be something wrong with the mod that crashes the game, but it could be a conflict in the code.

Read there is a reason why they dont offer mod-support it would just be too time consumeing for them to keep track of it all, that they cant get any real problemsolveing done.

When a dev have told Marda its related to a mod, then you should take it on face value.

I cant say for sure which mod is as I'm not good at reading those things - just a mod user myself.
I'd ask around on Nexus forums for help, usually people is friendly enough to help out find the mod that is causeing it, and then you can file a bug under that mod etc.(on Nexus - not here)

Back
Top Bottom