From Russia with Love - A Mildly Interactive HoI IV Tale of Kaiserreich Russia

What will befall Russia and her people?

• Pledge your support for the Leftist Soviet/Menshevik takeover.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The Moscow Garrison supports Wrangel's military takeover!

• Kornilov's Conservative White Forces seize the apparatus of the State.

• The Duma elects Grand Duke Dmitri as the new President.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dystopian

Long titles aside,

storming1.jpg

Welcome to Dystopian's Hearts of Iron AAR, in this we will be taking the fragile Russian Republic through the turbulent phase of its national history during what is known as the Kaiserreich. Forumites are the decision makers, the young officers, the landowners, the peasants, the workers, whatever a forumite wants to be in a given post. Polls will be where the audience has influence in major political and diplomatic decision making. Otherwise its just roleplay without any attachment. Perhaps even military strategy at some point. Variation and innovation is my goal  :lol:. Without further adieu...

awdc03.png

The Republic is on edge. Kerensky knows it, the Mensheviks know it, the peasants and the officers do too. Anyone, which is everyone by this point, who has any common sense knows it. Communist and White soldiers are barracked across the city from each other with chains of command that never interact and haven't for the past sixteen years. But if you knew the man you wouldn't know it.

2sa1a4g.png
The President, circa 1925. Slightly outdated.

Even though the revolution had failed, it had shaken up the power structures of the Empire. Nobles like Grand Duke Dmitri still held considerable influence over the Duma, as well as career military officers such as Baron Wrangel and victors of the Revolution Generals Anton Denikin and Kornilov. The military at Kerensky's back allowed him to stabilize the "democracy" for fifteen years. Longer than any other government in recent memory.

Meeting of Kerensky's Cabinet, September 17th 1935

The meeting started with Kerensky continuing his unfinished proposal from the previous night, the expansion of Russian military industrial capabilities. "...to the extent that we can, we must expand our production capabilities to the extent that our neighbors have." He had a servant roll out huge maps of Northern and Central Russia:

i6b9e0.jpg

"..note some areas colored in blue refer to areas with no capability of maintaining industrial infrastructure what so ever. I've also made the formal decision to make Moskva the capital of the Republic..." and he went on for about two hours about the strategic importance of the city in Russian history.

n2y7ma.png

This was Kerensky's last formal council meeting, but one with visionary consequences for the future of Russia's survival.

January 10th, 1936

f4ig6a.png

2nv9sbd.png

A crucial decision awaits Russia, but who will decide?

General Lavr Kornilov is a general of the White Army in this timeline (not having been an infamous member of the subtlety named Kornilov Affair in real history,) he's the more democratic of the White Military candidates. Baron Pyotr Wrangel represents the aristocratic branches of the Army.

If anything just vote for an option. Double post for convenience.  :iamamoron:

I've been working on the second post all this time. You've caught me.

Back
Top Bottom