Fire and burning Weaponflag

Users who are viewing this thread

feuras

Recruit
The burning weapon flag doesn't seem to do anything? I know this feature was present in earlier versions of the game. Any devs able to provide info on this? Can we turn it on as required for modded weapons? Thanks

Solution
I applied it to a crossbow bolt and promptly forgot about it, only to see it work once during a bandit encounter, causing small fires in the grass where they hit.

At first I thought it was just a darker dust cloud that lasted a little longer, but sure enough, it was a small, brief fire.

From what I can tell it's meant to be applied to missile weapons in order to cause damage to the siege engines. Check ballista_projectile_burning fora decent reference.

I also only used the "missile" physics material on the bolt, so maybe using a flaming material such as the one in ballista_projectile_burning will cause it to work with more regularity. Or maybe it's only enabled on sieges and that one mission was accidentally seen as a siege. I...
I applied it to a crossbow bolt and promptly forgot about it, only to see it work once during a bandit encounter, causing small fires in the grass where they hit.

At first I thought it was just a darker dust cloud that lasted a little longer, but sure enough, it was a small, brief fire.

From what I can tell it's meant to be applied to missile weapons in order to cause damage to the siege engines. Check ballista_projectile_burning fora decent reference.

I also only used the "missile" physics material on the bolt, so maybe using a flaming material such as the one in ballista_projectile_burning will cause it to work with more regularity. Or maybe it's only enabled on sieges and that one mission was accidentally seen as a siege. I haven't done nearly digging.

EDIT: For burning melee weapons look at the torch. It seems to have prefab attached to it that probably attaches the flame particles and light to it so it's easier for the coder. Maybe locate the location of the prefab to confirm?

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you. Have explore all of the above today, and still can't achieve the desired outcome, even with reference to old functional XMLs. Getting convinced "burning" is commented out of code somewhere....

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom