Feature Requests

Users who are viewing this thread

routier1642 said:
Can there be an option to turn off the fantasy armor altogether?
You can turn off female mercs in Mod Options(which is found at the camp menu) and I think this makes battles look quite realistic. Any other options there isn't.

routier1642 said:
Firstly, well done on a really interesting & beautiful-looking mod.  It kills my system to run it but I can't resist.

Can there be an option to turn off the fantasy armor altogether?

The author has done a wonderful job re-creating real armor items (love the combed morion) - which I really appreciate, since I have been doing historical re-enactment for 30 years, and own or have friends who own many such pieces.  But then we get winged helmets from an 18th century opera and bikinis and Day-glo armor from fantasy games!  Spoils the mood totally.

After all, it's "Blood and Steel", not "Blood and Lycra".

I have to admit, right after I installed 1.09 I recruited a few nords and was rather surprised to find they were winged helmed bikini wearing female horsemen (I'd have been more surprised if they were male with bikini's) and I did turn off the female mercs for a time.  But really B&S has a 'Aion Flux' look at feel to it, which I have grown quite accustomed to now.  In a way a little bit of fantasy element helps hide some of the less realistic elements which are just part of the native core. 

Hey

Something in that mod is killing me

Allmost half of womans are black, its horrible proportion, i mean im not racist but its not realistic when i seek swadian princeses and i cant find white !

In Sarranid Empire they could have many people with dark complexion so it could be half or 40 % of Princesses,  but that many in vaegires ( who are slavs im my eyes) and Nords( Scandinavians) and Khergits( Mongols ) its crazy

Funny is that that their brothers and fathers are almost all white hahahah

Please change that

Hey xeno,
I was thinking on that annoying (well, for me) AI topic, and have 2 things to say:

1) I really appreciate your plans on making Tactics AI optional at camp menu. Thanks!

2) I have a suggestion:
Have you ever noticed how much M&B feels like TW series? Same global map + smaller battle maps for encounterings. I want to remind you that there was a timer (20 or 40 min, dont remember exactly), during wich attacking party had to destroy\rally enemy forces, otherwise they will lose the battle.
Is it possible to do the same thing to M&B (not 20 min ofc, but somewhere around 5-10)? And if, lets say, you win battle by defending, enemy party is pushed back on global map (like in TW series) OR holds its grounds for 2-3 game hours (for regroupin\reforming) so that you can make a run or finish them off (another solution)

Damn said:
2) I have a suggestion:
Have you ever noticed how much M&B feels like TW series? Same global map + smaller battle maps for encounterings. I want to remind you that there was a timer (20 or 40 min, dont remember exactly), during wich attacking party had to destroy\rally enemy forces, otherwise they will lose the battle.
Is it possible to do the same thing to M&B (not 20 min ofc, but somewhere around 5-10)? And if, lets say, you win battle by defending, enemy party is pushed back on global map (like in TW series) OR holds its grounds for 2-3 game hours (for regroupin\reforming) so that you can make a run or finish them off (another solution)

I like that idea if it's even possible, of course.

Is it possible to make a feature to set up an alliance with other factions? or to convince another faction to team up on one?

At some point could you please retweek the parties joining, this makes me sad on many levels.....
bsfarmersjoin.jpg
[/URL]

All it does it weaken my forces and makes no sense on top of it. 

Pretty please?  :mrgreen:

It wouldn't be so bad if reinforcements worked for the player inside of village raid defense but it doesn't so you're stuck with maybe 120 guys 60% farmers and 40% useful troops against a full competent army.

I've recently started playing M&B Warband and I truly love this mod.  What would be the icing on the cake would be to have the Autoloot mod merged with this one.  I've tried my best to copy/paste as the Autoloot thread described, and it's just beyond me.  Please, please, has someone done this already, or if not, could it be done?

All my fingers crossed....

Is it possible to create a system where the reinforcements arrive on a time multiplier on their distance from the battle ??
To explain it better i will give you an example.
If two armies engage, and there is a third army near by that is included in the battle as a reinforcement group or allies. They have a timer depending on their distance from the battle's starting position on when they can be deployed as reinforcements in the battle. Kinda like when you see one of your allies under attack near by and have to ride over to them to join the fight ?

If your allies or your enemies allies are with in a certain radius then maybe they have no timer and join the battle instantly.

hey, you should add this feature, ask him to join your party or tell him to talk about the kingdom he is in. Or you threaten him by killing him. And you should add spies, that could sabotage cities. And assasin city soldiers. Of course its possible that they could get caught.

An idea I had yesterday was that you could add the option to preview the battlefield you're going to fight on and decide the percentage of your first wave of infantry/archers/cav/custom groups like in a custom battle. Reinforcement troops would also be spawned according to this (until your preferred group(s) is/are depleted of course).

An idea I had yesterday was that you could add the option to preview the battlefield you're going to fight on
I think that's literally impossible with auto-gen maps; I don't think we ever get their generator values, nor do I think we have a way to interpret them atm (not a trivial thing, since the hex isn't documented).

Is it possible to remove that generic start for every game, kill a bandit, talk to Merchant, recruit 5 people, report back, obliterate 4 robbers, then fight more of them... I have no idea why did I write all of it; maybe to point out how boring it is after 100th time?  :razz:

Or make it optional? (At char creation screen)

Retroromanic said:
Is it possible to remove that generic start for every game, kill a bandit, talk to Merchant, recruit 5 people, report back, obliterate 4 robbers, then fight more of them... I have no idea why did I write all of it; maybe to point out how boring it is after 100th time?  :razz:

You can say to the merchant when you are alone with him at the tavern the first time you meet him that you are too busy for doing what he want and just ignore him after.

i know this might not be possible but could you have the siege handgonne  be used in melee it does seem to be a good weapon in melee as they showed it on deadest warrior. just a small wonder not a must have

Doesn't anyone else find it peculiar that the Vaegirs have very very expensive plate armor that can't be damaged by the Nord's most common axe? The "Viking Axe", and what is even more peculiar is that EVERY Vaegir soldier has that plate armor, and not to mention they have very very devastating weapons, even if one is wearing the sarranid "Red Assassin" armor with Heavy helm and plate boots, oh, and lamellar gauntlets. Vaegir recruit soldiers are equipped with this loadout, and it's very very hard to kill them without firearms or a crossbow. Was this intended? If it is, i'll shut my mouth now, but, Were they meant to be this powerful or am I missing something? While all the other factions are outfitted with either cloth based armor or just leather jerkins, these ones are the most armored, they rival Swadians. Forgive my rant but, Honestly? Could their recruit troops not be so decked out, I mean, would they waste so much money on powerful armor on a troop that may not be that skilled in the first place (if you look at it from an army marshal's perspective.)

If it's intended to be this way, i'll shut my mouth. But they could stand a nerf as they completely decimate their neighboring countries. (This is seen on casual and normal)

Retroromanic said:

Open your menus.txt and search "cheat" which will find the following line first:

mno_tutorial_cheat  1 31 2 1 0  {!}CHEAT!

where you can change it to this:

mno_tutorial_cheat  1 31 2 1 1   {!}CHEAT!
Then, after character creation, you'll see "CHEAT!" at the bottom of destination list, which skips the intro quest.

If you want to skip the quest, but avoid all the cheat benefits(150000 exp 999999 denars), then change this
.  mno_tutorial_cheat  1 31 2 1 1  {!}CHEAT!  6 2040 0 2133 2 144115188075856163 1 1107 1 0 1062 2 150000
360287970189639680 1528 2 360287970189639680 999999 1107 1 1  .
to this:
.  mno_tutorial_cheat  1 31 2 1 1  {!}CHEAT!  6 2040 0 2133 2 144115188075856163 1 1107 1 0 1062 2 (to number of your choice)
360287970189639680 1528 2 360287970189639680 (to number of your choice) 1107 1 1  .
these lines are specific to this mod.

Lastly, if you do this and you also enjoy the cheat on/off switch that this mod offers, once in game, you'll have to ctrl+~ and type nocheatmenu or cheatmenu (whichever works for you) to turn it off.  Then, you'll have to type "cheatmenu" again to activate this mods menu feature as it, seemingly, doesn't check for this particular switch.

I vote xeno just incorporate this into the menu, it is nice to skip "kill bandit quest" especially when testing different scenarios or whatever.

Yet more requests for ya.

It would be kewl if you had the ability, as a monarch, to hold feasts and tourneys. Also along those same lines, one would think that your army's morale would increase greatly if it were in a town where a tournament was taking place.

Morale should increase when resting/camping.  Maybe even more so with the presence of ale, wine, beer, spices, etc. in the player's inventory.

Is there any way that the barding on your army's horses could be made to match your Coat of Arms, as happens on shields?

I know, I keep hammering you with requests, but I have no idea how to mod and these are some of the things I've always wanted to see. If you want me to "shut up, already" I certainly will.  :cool:

Back
Top Bottom