Favorite mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree PoP is really awesome.  Lately I've been having a lot of fun with Phantasy Calradia, its amazing how much cool stuff they added, especially the spells and unique magic equipment.  Makes sieges a lot of fun.

My favorite mod is Brytenwalda.  Since the original Brytenwalda, there have been 2 other notable sub-mods that were made to polish and/or improve gameplay so the mod is still very much alive.

I have recently been trying out 1257 AD v1.11 and have to say that I am enjoying it so far, even with my mediocre computer.

Perisno is a total conversion mod that I like a lot, although the more recent versions are a bit too demanding on my computer.

Fires of War is a great mod that has lots of potential and is currently being developed.

I enjoyed playing Tocan's Calradia, which is a mod compilation having many of the features I like and is an improvement over native.

Floris and Silverstag are great mods and Silverstag is still in development and adding unique features.

There are many other mods to list that are well polished, add great features, and are fun to play.  It is so nice to see that there is an active modding community for Warband this forum really contributes to modding. 

Gekukojo...  Phantasy...  feels like native with some extras.  Recently started getting into Perisno.  Brytenwalda is good, has a different feel to it and bloody hard at the beginning.

Couldn't really get into some of those official mods, the paid versions.

I would love to hear more people's opinions about mods.

I'm looking to start a new game and playing through the same warbands standard single player campaign would be less exciting than having some new stuff in the game.
I dislike weapons like guns however, Fire&Sword was never my cup of tea.

Nova Aetas seemed promising with a renaissance update to the current game... It's super buggy like lords not able to move and stuff...a shame because it has realistic promise.

For things closer to home I like Floris and Silverstag. Floris is more complete in my opinion way more diplomacy and probably the best non fantasy mod to date.  Silverstag needs updates and it will get up there.

My favourite multiplayer mods are Vikingr, Persistent Frontier and Nord Invasion. As for singleplayer ones, I'd recommend Perisno and Viking Conquest.

"Full Invasion 2"  :mrgreen: , "Persistent World" (haven't played that one in a long time though) and "Napoleonic Wars" for multiplayer.

"Viking Conquest" and "1257 AD" for singleplayer.

I am especially looking forward to "Full Invasion 3" and a version of "Persistent World" for Bannerlord.  :party:

Edit: also "The Deluge" for multiplayer, not sure if it's still being played. It had some pretty nice scenes.

I vote for Prophesy of Pendor  :smile:

1. Depth lore and backgound story + total conversion
2. Numerous minor faction you can befriend or smash adding more probabilities
3. Minor faction occasional spawn
4. Knighthood orders and your very own Order
5. Graphic enhancing
6. Awesome OST
7. Gods and demons
8. Distinct major faction troops and noble troops
PoP is by far most "Lordly" mod I ever played. Battle system, AI and game concept are just awesome though it lack few diplomatic option which is minor issue compared to what this mod had to offer

PoP is a bit too grindy for me, and when you get farming qualis gems you end up godlike

The problem with total conversions is there is often some severe imbalance. For instance, in Warsword Conquest you can kill trolls solo in the early game which are melee only bandits that give 1,000xp and about 3000 gold per party, and in Gekokujo samurai blow ashigaru out of the water and with a limited party size it makes sense to use pure samurai cavalry for field battles and samurai archers/gunners for sieges, but the AI will tend to use a mixed party and you can wipe out 1,000 guys with an army of 150 no problem.

Native doesnt have a single bandit type that doesnt have some form of range weapon, except looters which are a rare spawn or specific infantry deserters, which makes soloing the early game hard, and encourages the use of a manhunter army for reliable cash grind which can take some time to build up. While pure army types are very strong, especially cavalry for field battles, garrisons tend to be nothing but top tier units unless they were sieged recently and even pure infantry or crossbow armies struggle to strip them down sometimes, the OP party skills allow for repreated assaults at little cost though. WFAS also has lots of gun bandits and a lack of manhunters (unless you customize mercs) means trade becomes the solution, and in Viking Conquest again most bandits have a range weapon, and this time infantry are the only viable unit meaning you can't just use mass cavalry or mass archers in a strong position and cheese the AI. In WFAS they nerfed engineering, and in VC engineering was still nerfed, and also training times were severely nerfed forcing players to pick and choose battles, not risk their elite units on a whim, and with the high penalties for injury and battle fatigue it makes soloing the world much harder and shifts the focus away from solo battles and towards politics in order to field a powerful force and rely more on the soldiers of allies which made for a far more challenging campaign

Most mods will have some form of easy bandit that gives high exp, money and renown that 'solves' the early game, some kind of unit that, coupled with the mixed AI army types allows you to easily solo armies 5x larger than yours, and the severe imbalance in engineering, surgery, pathfinding, training and wound treatment that allows you to just zoom around the map zerging fiefs and healing your troops and training replacements literally overnight. The late game becomes a slog of rushing from one fief to another and storming it instantly, perhaps over 3-4 assaults to whittle the garrison down with occasional trips back to the castles for reinforcements. There's a deep economy and political system that become totally unnecessary as you just give all your captured territories to a few lords to manage while you do everything yourself

I just had a very satisfying native game with realistic saves where I put the practical knowledge of economy and politics I had gained to build an empire with over 40 happy vassals, and by the time I moved to conquer the Rhodok and Sarranid kingdoms they had over half their territory yet not a single vassal due to my political sabotage. I might just autoresolve all my battles in future and try to think more strategically about kingdom management and politics because its far too easy to exploit battle AI and imbalancing to conquer the world

@KiriKaneko

Yes, I guess I forget to add that PoP is bit, if not horribly grindy on early games which could bore some people with limited time to play.

As for the balancing I think it is the major issue of every mod that uses MB engine, though some mods certainly put few clever tricks like you have mentioned above ( VC nerfed enginering and training skill ). I myself used to 'self balancing' the games since vanila, e.g did not use Surgery skill, never let trainer skill and WT go above 5, etc.

Since I noted that many players also prefer political gameplay like you do, maybe it is wise to recomend floris mod pack which added rich diplomatic and political flavor in the gameplay

Currently my fav is the Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth mod. The orient setting is great and set during a time when there are lots various cultures around and exotic weapons to make it interesting. I have spent most of my time in Brytenwalda and Prophesy of Pendor, which I hear will have another update in the future. I have been away from MnB Warband for a couple of years and I am quite delighted to still see the modding communtiy so active.

Mods on my to-try-list are...

L'Aigle
A New Dawn
Gekokujo
Bellum Imperii
1776 American Revolution

Can someone recommend any mods set in Roman times. I see a lot of them like Imperial Rome and Bellum Imperii but I havent got a clue on which one to take. And if you have time, please explain why I should take that one. Thx a lot.

O and for me I played Floris and VC besides native. Loved them both. Floris because of its refinement of the core game and VC because of the story.

I haven't played Warband in a while, but my favorite mod would have to be TLD. It's great. Even if you're not a fan of LotR it's still a fun mod to play. Hopefully someone makes a TLD 2 for Bannerlord, because I really like the way they made the mod.
Aside from that I could never pick another favorite because they're all so great. Although I will say that Fires of War is the only mod in which I have ever felt so compelled to use a spear, so kudos to Antonis for that.

Vraelomon said:
my favorite mod would have to be TLD.

When I tried to play it way back there was a game breaking bug where lords would not capture the enemies main castle/city, stopping the game progressing. Has that issue been resolved as I would love to play it again? Have you ever won the campaign?

Back
Top Bottom