Favorite Faction in Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm a Sarranid boi for life because...

1. I love the armor designs, and I think their horses look the coolest.

2. Sultan Hakim is an absolute chad with a beard that grows longer than even the Nord King himself.

3. Sarranid women are clearly the hottest don't @me.

4. They have dope weapons like Jarids, Sarranid Cavalry Swords, Elite Scimitars, Iron Maces, and Guard Swords.

5. Edge of the map location provides easy defense and keeps the faction from getting into too many wars at once.

6. Terrain provides defense from Darth Vader and any soft wine loving Rhodoks that may attempt any incursions.

Rhodoks!!
The fact that except for the Nords they're the only faction with no spamming cavalry units that barely require tactics to use, or annoying throwing weapon soldiers, but strong infantry with hammers, the best crossbowmen if not ranged units in the game, the incredible difficulty to take a settlement from them, their savage landscape and their big board shields just make them so badass.

Not like the pathetic kebab scum in the south whose infantry can't even take anyone out without throwing 94863 jarids and javelins at them.

Until I decide to join a faction, I try not to recruit any troops and simply rescue my force from criminal types. In order to maintain high-speed travel, I try to focus on freeing Manhunters and Caravan Guards, the former allowing me to take a lot of prisoners. I usually end up creating a hybrid "Rhodoswadian" faction made up of Rhodok infantry and crossbowmen and Swadian cavalry.

Of course, there are times I play a Khergit horse archer, which is a blast, and tend to develop a Khergit force.

Swadian :
- They got Swadian Knight. (I like simplicity, so my army is only made of Recruit, Militia, Footman, Man-at-arms, Knight)
- They are in the center of the map. Always at war !

I started a game (Native) few days ago. I got Dhirim (a faction get it and I get it back... for me). Dhirim = Denars !
I wait for factions to get the others town so I could get them back for myself... until King Harlaus object. Then I will create my faction.

I will tell u which I prefer based on what I've played so far ( cuz they're all the same, but with a little of imagination we can give them some personality xD )
I sincerely prefer both Kingdom of Rhodok and Swadia, the Rhodoks vassals are strong and really loyal to their king ( I rarely see a Rhodok vassal renouncing his allegiance to their king ), which for me mean that their king is doing a great job in keeping his kingdom united.. but the Rhodoks troops are useless for me ( I use as Cavalry the Mamlukes from the Sarranids and also their archers, and the Nords Huscarl as infantry ) but even without having a single Rhodok soldier I got found to their kingdom cuz they were the only one who gave me strong fiefs ( I play with a female character ), the Swadian also have nice vassals, but in my game they were crushed by both the Nords and the Rhodoks, which almost reduced them to ashes, which made me quite sad for them, but after some time they're regaining their power and growing up again which impressed me based on what happened to them... If you want I can tell u what I think about the other kingdoms, based on my current game.. :smile:

Vaegir for a couple of reasons.

1. Archers. I like having a mass of top tier archers and the vaegir ones have a really high rate of fire and accuracy, plus they are actually useful in melee with those big 2h weapons. They will actually do something and not just lay down and die like other factions.

2. Aesthetics. Other factions have soldiers, vaegir have murders. They just look so sharp and point and mean. Love it.

3. Actually I think that's it.

Rhodoks.
Why:
1. Sergeants are tough as hell.
2. Crossbowmen are deadly in mass from low tier already.
3. I like infantry army.

Khergit Khanate.
Why:
1.Lancers spam.

I've gotten excellent results in the field with a Khergit party, but it needs a few Swadian, Rhodock, or Nord auxiliary foot troops for assaulting castles and towns. Off their horses, they provide almost as deadly arrow spam as Vaegirs, but their melee capability is relatively weak.

Swadians all-but collapsed in my current campaign, down to one castle. Rhodocks and Sarranids have traded a border strip back and forth, but have come out roughly even in the long run, with Rhodocks gaining one Swadian castle on the side, and Sarranids briefly taking one Khergit town until I took it back (and now own it). Khergits have gobbled up a couple of Swadian castles and about a third of the Vaegir land (with 2 towns) so far. Nords have taken a few Swadian castles and towns.

In most campaigns I've played, the Swadians get mauled, being in the middle. Vaegirs rarely do well, but don't usually collapse like the Swadians. The rest are somewhat variable, with the Nords and Sarranids often gaining some ground and Khergits either doing quite well or quite poorly, rarely in between.

Back
Top Bottom