Fake/Fallow Contrivance - Day Zero (Kronic PnP Game Two - Game Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Right, first off, two main rules - posts in this thread are all in character, and furthermore, only players should post here.
Anyone else with anything, post it here please, or PM me.

Anything I post as Kronic is a GM note, though most of these should be kept in the main thread.
Anything I post as Alison is an ingame message from the Overseer of the Grail War.
As a thing, if you end up PMing any other player, could you CC Kronic a copy?

Day Zero is mostly for checking in, scene setting, clarifications and such.

"Ah, my guests. Welcome to this most auspicious of occasions, and to my humble world. Please, be seated.  My congratulations, first and foremost for having the will to make it this far.  I explained the basics of the contest in which you have agreed to partake in my initial invitations, but anything further can be expanded upon here, at the request of any participant.

I guess the best place to start would be my abode. I apologise for going over what some of you may well be familiar with, but for the sake of parity I feel it best. For those of you less familiar with innate bounded fields, we are within what is correctly termed a Reality Marble. Within this space, my personal reality is overwriting the world itself. This is necessary for the ritual to work correctly, as I would be unable to reproduce the conditions required without the degree of control this allows me.  However, the world seeks to correct abnormalities such as this, and I believe that I shall be unable to maintain it for more than two weeks - this is an extreme duration in itself so the sooner this is resolved the better. 

Once you leave this building, you'll see for yourself, but within the bounds of this Reality Marble is what I would best describe as a facsimile of a city. It has most of the essentials, but condensed into a 2.5km radius sphere. At the centre is this house. This atelier  -  and the hill surrounding it - are declared neutral ground, and thus sanctuary. The rest of the city is open game to use as you see fit.
As for provisions and supplies these can be found in crates scattered throughout the city. Consider it an incentive to search.  Furthermore, remember various areas of the city are more suited to certain tasks than others. Choose wisely when you decide where to set up.

Aside from the location, I shall also be providing you all with PDAs in order to allow for announcements to be broadcast and for players to contact one another if they so see fit. Make good use of them."

[me=Alison Ortenrosse]gestures to a box on the desk.[/me]

"Remember to grab one on the way out. This day is Day Zero - I'd recommend summoning your Servant before the night is up - as of tomorrow morning the restrictions on combat shall be lifted. Rule infractions shall be dealt with as they arise - probably by offering incentives to those who finish off troublesome participants.

For those of you unfamiliar with the ritual required, it's remarkably simple. The details required to do so are in your PDA. Furthermore, the stack of boxes by that door there contain all the required components for it. Consider it a priority. I'll update you all through the network as anything new comes up, and you may contact me any time for clarifications, advice or even a simple talk. Just remember I'm impartial.

So that's it for the basics really, any questions?"

The rules:

The last Master-Servant pairing active shall be considered the victor.
No attack should be made on any being, be it Master or Servant, within the established neutral zone.
No interference with the boundary field shall be tolerated.

Further important notes:

Any Master that finds themselves without a Servant may seek sanctuary within my home, which is declared neutral ground.
Reality is not a constant within these bounds. Be sure to follow the announcements and heed their contents.
A Master who loses their Servant is not out of the running. Provided they have Command Seal remaining, they may forge a contract with any willing Servant who has lost their Master but has yet to dissipate.
Furthermore, though difficult, it is possible for A Master and Servant pair with no remaining Command Seals may still compete, though Masters should be warned Servants have complete autonomy outside of a contract.

I suppose I should indulge in a greeting among those who have been selected alongside myself as peers in this event. This shall be a most interesting, not to mention challenging fortnight that succeeds us, and at the very least I would hope you all have the conviction to justify your participation. I believe it only right to exchange names before moving on with this event, so you may all call me Xander.

[me=Xander]bows[/me]

I look forward to trading blows, both verbal and otherwise, with you all.

"Questions? Oh yeah."

The man smirks and flicks a lazily pointed finger, palm up at Xander. "That has got to have been the most ridiculously formal introduction I have ever heard and seen in my life, and I've seen some doozies." Stretching back a bit, his smirk stretches to a smile and he raises his hands up to a shrug. "Are all these guys like him? If so, I'm gonna feel an absolute outcast if I so much as smile or use informal language." Quickly turning to Xander, he drops the smile in a completely faux serious face, raising an apologetic hand in the process. "I dearly hope I have not caused offense."

His smirk returning, he shakes his head a bit and puts his hands on his hips, then turns to the others. Standing tall and proud, he points a thumb at his chest. "The name's Aomerj, and you can consider me your competition for the Grail."

Ending the introduction as such, Aomerj strolls to the box on the table and picks out a PDA. An eyebrow raises as he stares at it, walking back to his seat and flopping down, gazing at the PDA and already starting to tap at the touch screen.

*sigh*

Well, let's get this farce started then. Hello everyone, the name's Grumpy Oldman. No, it's not my real name, **** you very much.

I hope you all can at least provide some entertainment before this is over. If you need me, I'll be in the bar.

[me=Oldman]grabs a PDA and a box and leaves the room.[/me]

Name's John. Nice to meet 'ya. The crazy old guy mentioned a bar, so unless someone has business to discuss, I'm going to follow him. G'day.

Aomerj glances up to Alison, a wry smirk playing on his lips. "Two getting drunk already. How did you manage to be convinced they needed the Grail, again..?" Chuckling lightly, he returns to familiarizing himself with the PDA.

"Everyone has there own way of dealing with things. Who is to say they are wrong in relaxing before an event of this magnitude? But again, who could say it would be right to get to know a man you may have to kill?"

*pfft* I am going to be competing with a bunch of drunkards? Where is the challenge in that? Bah, oh well, better get a leg up on the rest of y'all by going to search for the provisions and getting an idea of how the rest of the city is laid out; Cedric doesn't like to waste time.

"Keh, time's a wastin' indeed; I'm sure they'll enjoy the bar while it lasts."

Getting up, he pockets the PDA and stretches, popping his back. Then he gives a lazy two-fingered salute to the general vicinity of the room, chooses a box from the stacks, and heads out.

[me=Xander]gestures towards Alison[/me]

It is only right to get to know the people you may have to kill, as otherwise how would one prioritise? Granted, risking the chance at growing an attachment even at the most basic level is a danger, It is still better to get a profile on your enemies than to rush in blind. And, as you said, temporary truces are likely to be an action with some merit to them, and one should never create a truce with someone whom they share conflicting personalities, for that path does not end well for either participant.

I'll be sure to contact you with a few questions, Alison.

[me=Xander]grabs a PDA then starts noting things down before raising his vision back to the overall scene of the room[/me]

Now, I'll cut my grandiose speech before it afflicts those with shorter attention spans before our battle has even started.

[me=Xander]glances at Aomerj leaving from the corner of his vision[/me]

Oh, too late. A pity.

[me=Lamb]lights a fag from the remains of the last one.[/me]

Gentlemen, you can call me Lamb. I do believe that if the lass is done scaring us with her magical mumbo jumbo there's nothing much of use to be gleamed from staying here, I'll be at the bar with the grumpy bastard and the other lad if anyone needs me.

[me=Lamb]pulls out another cig while giving everyone a casual wave and walking out.[/me]

Broadcast to all PDAs

Well now, isn't this a grand start? I can feel the accumulation of prana throughout my realm - I must say, I'm quite excited as to who each of you summon.

Do you know that apparently summoning a Servant with no catalyst causes your own being to be used instead? Trusting yourself to fate like that has a certain flair, would you not agree?
The first day shall officially start at the first light of tomorrow, so prepare well!

Back
Top Bottom