B Tutorial 3D Extension Tutorial - Unwrapping in Wings 3d

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Yoshiboy. I followed your tutorial on how to unwrap a model to texture it, but I am still very confused on what to do. I select my entire model by mouse boxing over all the individual pieces, and then right click and go to .uv mapping. When i do this, it shows up in the window as each individual piece of my sword. I don't know if it is supposed to do this or not, but what I am trying to do is get the entire thing into one 2d thing that i can texture. I can't figure out how to make my sword into a single texture. If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks-
~Solja

Solja Sheep said:
Hi Yoshiboy. I followed your tutorial on how to unwrap a model to texture it, but I am still very confused on what to do. I select my entire model by mouse boxing over all the individual pieces, and then right click and go to .uv mapping. When i do this, it shows up in the window as each individual piece of my sword. I don't know if it is supposed to do this or not, but what I am trying to do is get the entire thing into one 2d thing that i can texture. I can't figure out how to make my sword into a single texture. If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks-
~Solja
i got the same problem as well but select all the objects right click and press combine and then it works :grin:

i'm following this tutorial, along with some others, and i've noticed that the wings3d looks quite different to mine, what version is this tutorial written with since mine doesn't have some of the features that the tutorial needs

oh and my wings 3d is 1.0.1

This was written for a really old version of wings. What features are you missing? Some of the windows can be popped up from the "window" menu.

On this milk bottle you can clearly see the seams running down the front.

Now, lets get the hang of the process involved in unwrapping something in wings3d, and the interface:

Before we start looking at this i would require you turn on advanced menus in wings3d. If you don't have these on already then your missing out! They contain heaps of useful tools and such.

To turn on advanced menus go: edit > preferences... click on the "Advanced" tab and tick the "advanced menus" box.

Chapter 2  - The outliner, materials and textures.

i got as far as trying to find the advanced menus, something that my wings doesn't have

in the current version 1.x of Wings3D the "advanced menus" are enabled by default, as far as I know.
I recall some message window when I first started Wings saying that...

Trevty1995 said:
Yoshiboy, sorry for posting after so long but after I try to UV my model it always crashes Wings, citing a "fatal error" as the cause, I can't find a reason why it should be crashing so I was wondering if you hand any ideas?  Great tutorial by the way.
Is your model triangulated? Do you have the latest Wings3D?
You could also try my tutorial, but I think it's harder.

I have exported the image, added textures and the like, and then imported it. The image is stored at my "outliner bar", how do I make it into a material from here?

Back
Top Bottom