Explanation about religion

Users who are viewing this thread

Ralepozozaxe

Regular
There is apparently a religious system in this game, but from what I've found little features in the game are using it. All I've found are ways to lose reputation, either buy paying money to a priest, or by raiding (which as stated in the raiding thread, loses you reputation with all people Pagan and Christian).

So, if someone who actually knows what religions does, please explanation. I don't want speculation or role-play explanations, I want to know what all religion adds to the game as it was hyped as a big feature.

I would also want to know this : what does giving away money for priests is for? I have relation with "commoners" to more than 100 now, yet every town and village with  pagans still hate me.

How can you explain that to me?

Depending on your religion, you may lose relations with lords. Also, having a high relation to a religion (by donating money to priests, etc.) will gain relations with factions of that religion (for example Alt Clut, Cornubia, etc. relations will go up).

You lose morale for troops with opposite religion. Also, depending on your religion and the religion of your fiefs you will get more or less money (High religion gives more money if you are the same religion). This also affects troop recruitment. That is as much as I know.

Religion is very complex. This affects your relation with other lords and kingdoms and with global faction: christians and pagans. Your religion will determine as other npcs will see you even in your own party, or access to some features in monasteries, bishops, or pagan priest.

Back
Top Bottom