Experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Damnit.. I am curently a vassal *cry*. I must have very high renown to become a marshal or what ? Cause now i have like 700 renown.

Can Vaegir train archers ?

Ok and when i have 1000 renown what must i do ? Wait ? :smile:

Oh.. btw what are the advantages of having a castle ?

wait for next marshall election. and hope you are lucky.

having a castle? you can garrison troops, you cn put prisoners, you can store items. you have a place to rest without paying and beind disturbed. and a fortified defensive position fall back to when you are being hunted.

r3nqu1zZ said:
Ok and when i have 1000 renown what must i do ? Wait ? :smile:

Oh.. btw what are the advantages of having a castle ?

A new marshall is elected when the previous one is defeated in battle. You have to wait for that.

I find that the ability to station a garrison is the biggest advantage of a castle.

Does your faction with the lords that are voting for or against you as the next marshal effect their vote as well?

One solution is if you start a rebelion based on a disinherited claimant and get other lords to fight on your side they will do what you tell them just like you were a marshal.

Cynan_ap_Rhys said:
Does your faction with the lords that are voting for or against you as the next marshal effect their vote as well?

I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Cynan_ap_Rhys said:
One solution is if you start a rebelion based on a disinherited claimant and get other lords to fight on your side they will do what you tell them just like you were a marshal.

Yes, this is also true. If you take up the cause of a claimant, you will automatically become marshall (and a little extra too).

Cynan_ap_Rhys said:

I dont really understand this.

And about the advatages of having a castle :

- what is a garison? (  is it some kind of group of guards at the castle ? )

- can i receive fees and taxes from villagers ?

Oh another thing.. if i add MODS ( cuz i play on Native now ) does my character get deleted ? Or my army, or my entire save?

r3nqu1zZ said:
Oh another thing.. if i add MODS ( cuz i play on Native now ) does my character get deleted ? Or my army, or my entire save?

no, mods are different from native, they have a different save folder and different file folder for the mod

A garrison is you leaving part of your army at your castle. Your castle will have no troops assigned by default.
I think they get paid half wages if garrisoned, but not sure.
Lets say you can have 80 people in your army. If you garrison 50 soldiers, you can get ANOTHER 50 to fill your army out again.
In effect, create yourself some reserves so you can come back up to full strength right away.
The castle will give you money and so will the village.
A town gives nice money, but can be tough to capture.

What I do is garrison most/all of my top level fighters (knights/guards/marksmen) then start leveling up another army to roll around with and engage others that are patrolling. If I want to assault a castle, I go back and swap out troops to get the toughest soldiers I can so I have the best chance to win.

To move faster on the map
- invest in the pathfinding skill
- make sure your party's morale is high
- keep some horses in your inventory (not the ones you are riding on)
- get rid of the prisoners
Still, sometimes your speed may be 5.2 and the bandits are running at 5.0, it takes a while to catch them.

To get better armour you have to fight better opponents (ie. regular armies not bandits) and invest in looting skill.  Otherwise you just have to cough up the $$$ at the store.

Damn today i just captured an enemy Castle. Was hard, i only remained with 5 archers and thats all.

After i got a message from my lord that said i can have the castle i was happy.

But in 2-3 minutes or so, i saw that my castle is under siege by 3-4 parties  :shock:. Eventually they took what i have struggled to conquer  :cry:

r3nqu1zZ said:
Damn today i just captured an enemy Castle. Was hard, i only remained with 5 archers and thats all.

After i got a message from my lord that said i can have the castle i was happy.

But in 2-3 minutes or so, i saw that my castle is under siege by 3-4 parties  :shock:. Eventually they took what i have struggled to conquer  :cry:

Note that once they leave, it will have no garrison or a reduced one for some time. So it's the perfect time to plan revenge in the form of a counterattack!

r3nqu1zZ said:
With what army ffs :roll:

And if i would conquer ( small chances ) they would`ve come again.

Well, yeah, you have to rebuild an army. And yeah, they might come again, but there is a chance that they won't, or that your allies will be around to help. This just ensures a bit of a see-saw war over the one territory. You can either try to win it now, or let them have it or come for it later.

I think that first i`ll make 1000renown so i can be in elections for marshal and if i become one i`ll come with 3-4 parties to make it easier.

Back
Top Bottom