MP Everything wrong with kicking

Users who are viewing this thread

It requires little skill, it's just timing. Also it is easier with faster weapons like swords, maces and axes seem to be harder.

Last edited:
I think shield bashes should stay how they are at the moment, they're more about freeing up space and pushing opponents back rather than stunning them.
Kicks should be harder to pull off and reap a better reward.

Imo shield bashes are frankly annoying and too spammy so turtling noobs can just blast them when someone is in their face trying to kill them. Maybe it was designed to stop the old facehug hilt spam in warband but they need some sort of cool down or at least a punishment for missing the mark on a shield bash like kicks have...Anyway this threads about kicks which at this point in the game are just an glorified character animation.

Kicking is kind of like quick scoping in CoD or b hopping in CS:GO. It’s such a part of our community and our game they have to keep it in and make it strong because of what it added to the game in a unique way.

Bruh, 2h feints are that. But they removed them to the detriment of the game for realisms sake just like blackops 1 did in like 2010

Hm, I’m not sure if that’s a problem in all honesty, unless you mean you predict a kick coming and s key out but it still hits somehow?

I like the idea of a kick being offensive (opening up turtling S keyers) and defensive (pushing away facehuggers).
he means they run up and kick as an offensive move, in warband you couldnt kick someone who moved away from you

It kinda breaks the game, since its the only reliable offense, and its not really reactable or defendable.

Ye it has hardly any counterplay since the animation is so fast. Also kicking only works for some weapon since the stun is still so short. How people can consider it alright atm is beyond me.
Slow down kicking speed. Increase stun after kick. Will also make missing kicks more punishable.

Ye it has hardly any counterplay since the animation is so fast. Also kicking only works for some weapon since the stun is still so short. How people can consider it alright atm is beyond me.
Slow down kicking speed. Increase stun after kick. Will also make missing kicks more punishable.
I dont consider it alright but OP was saying its impossible to kick-slash

he means they run up and kick as an offensive move, in warband you couldnt kick someone who moved away from you

It kinda breaks the game, since its the only reliable offense, and its not really reactable or defendable.

I haven’t been able to play for the last 3 weeks so hopefully once I’m home tomorrow and log in and play I can try this and see how I feel about it really but for me it’s better if you can use kicks offensively and defensively, like you could in warband.

Ye it has hardly any counterplay since the animation is so fast.

Well technically the counter play is to kick them first but I’ll agree with you (as I said I haven’t had a chance to play in a bit) until I see it myself.

I still like the idea of being able to “chamber” a kick with a kick, so that nothing happens.

I haven’t been able to play for the last 3 weeks so hopefully once I’m home tomorrow and log in and play I can try this and see how I feel about it really but for me it’s better if you can use kicks offensively and defensively, like you could in warband.

Well technically the counter play is to kick them first but I’ll agree with you (as I said I haven’t had a chance to play in a bit) until I see it myself.

I still like the idea of being able to “chamber” a kick with a kick, so that nothing happens.
just watch the twitch clip in the DM clan thread, they kick alot

even if you can counter it like in mordhau (or gb in fh) if its not reactable.. its not gonna do much then

Also, i want to add that the little pause, where you are locked in to kick in certain direction just feels unnatural, i feel we should be able to tweak our direction of kicking while the animation hasnt gone too far, rather than being stuck in that position from the moment we press E, and even when we see our kick is not going to hit, we just have to idly wait until the animation is over.

Back
Top Bottom