Mostly Inf but I can go archer to. I see myself as a aggresive player

In-game name
Einherjar_Lord_T

Contact
Steam: Lord_T / TomiMaFox
or PM me...

/Lord_T

captain lust said:
@Morii: Thanks for the well thought out and reasoned post. I will be doing some testing before the tournament goes live but I really don't think the issue is as big your concern. 5 vs 5 is a very small game and allows for much better coordination, teamwork and organisation than (even) an 8 vs 8.

Consider what may be viewed as something of a worst cased scenario: Field by the River, Sarranids (farm spawn) Khergits (village spawn). As Sarranids, what you could do is get the infantry to take throwing weapons and some extra shields for the archers, get the cavalry to go on foot, with a shield and throwing weapons and then move to the castle wall. If the Khergits rushed at that point, you should already have the cover of the wall, with all 5 of your men able to return fire and have protection. If the Khergits are hanging back for the flag, you could move up to the bridge and there's not much the khergits can even do, that wouldn't make them very vulnerable. 2 Horse archers would be torn apart by two decent foot archers that have 3 footmen with them. You can also use the cover of the forest and possibly think about moving to take the ruins, which is a good central position on the map.

Sure, things might get tricky when the flag spawns but I'm not convinced that the advantage is too great to be unplayable. Remember that the rules include spawn and faction swapping too, so both teams will have a chance to steal a round, while the others are playing as Khergits.

Anyway, as I said, I will be doing testing for this. Haven't asked them yet but hopefully I can get CoR to do it at the end of a training or something.

@Heth: Nope, random factions, random maps from random.org. Persistent factions work well for the campaign but I don't think it'd be much fun for the tournament.
Lust, the matter with khergit is that playing with or against them in open maps means campfest, having 10 rounds won by the flag isn't really exciting. I think that the lesser the players the stronger a full horse team becomes, especially if the enemy is forced to have only 2 archers or they have to play with crossbows factions.

Also your example isn't the worst case scenario: it is fbtr with swadia against khanate, no matter what you do, unless you are really lucky you have no way to beat an equally skilled team of khergit, they only need to wait for the motf and it's over...

If you want to put Khergits in the tournament you should let every team chooses their faction as Hethwill proposed, because even if we'll switch team after 5 rounds, playing against khergits (and even with considering I'll have to camp) is simply too frustrating if don't even have bows. Also I'd put their team to 4 lancers and just 1 HA in open maps, but I'd overall prefer to completly avoid them, in the end there are some reasons why they aren't allowed in the NPL, at least after the experience of the nations cup

Ads added.

@Gnjus: That's a good point and I would say no, they can't. The same principles apply of playing, in an organised fashion, with new people and mixing it up for a more interesting tournament.

If a team is unsure about its mixed legitimacy, then someone from the team should explain the situation to me and I'll let them know. If anyone has similar concerns, about another team, they should let me know too, and I'll look into it.

As some Guidance, I'd say this: If a player is in multiple clans, for example: a Warband one and an MM mod one, that person would count as a member of both clans, so you could only have one other person from the MM mod clan and one other person from the warband clan.

@Astinus: I appreciate your concern on the matter and I guess all I can say now is to wait for the testing. That should give a much better idea of what we can expect. Right now, I'm open to all possibilities regarding Khergits but if possible, I would like to see them in the tournament, in some capacity.

I still want to see khergits with 1 cav 2 archers and 2 infantry. Their infantry isn't bad, they have that hafted blade for a reason. And yes they have bad shields but all factions have their weaknesses and in the khergits case its shields.

But yes, we must test this of course but I am pretty sure I am right.

Sorta looking for team maybe...
Style: I'm just awesome at everything frankly.
Ingame name: Balion_Sergeant_MrX
Steam: redbaron24601
Problems: I'm in the US (time problem only, I can fight with ping) and my computer is broken at the moment...

That advert will get me a lot of PMs, I think...:wink:
Anyway, good luck.

Blixn said:
There are no Khergit infantry. Flust said he didn't want to set equipment limits for troops.

This. Keeping track of everything (class wise) will be hard enough IMO, without restricting them within their restrictions.

Anyways, all ads have been updated and we have our first team submission!

Good luck to Hethwill and the rest of [name pending].

EDIT: @Mr.X: It might be a good idea to post some of the pings you get on various popular European servers (I'll throw them on your ad too). That will give teams an idea of how useful you can be.

Looking for a team.
Style : I have mastered various proficiences including horse archery, dart/javelin/jarid throwing, or mounted throwing. Everything except axe throwing. I can be aggresive or non-aggresive, depends on the needs for the team or the situation. Only weakness of me is, I lack concentrate sometimes and I can do some critic mistakes. But believe me that does not happens very often.

Ingame Nick: _KOS_Ronin_UE
Recent Clan : _KOS_
Steam: Primalsplit

My sword is for sale. PM me.

Forum name / In game name: AoC / FotG_UrLukur (or just UrLukur)
Preferred role: Dead. Or Infantry.
Problems: I suck.
steam: UrLukur
Taleworlds PM: AoC

Forum name / In game name / Steam / xfire / taleworlds etc.: Sarosu

Role priority:

1. Troll
2. Archer
3. Infantry
4. Cavalry

Clan: CoR

Earlier teams: IG, DNI.