EU_Union - Server thread and rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Peton said:
Raging Womble said:
So you telling people in the server that in order to keep it going you need donations was a lie? Isnt that fraud?

In short, yes Womble.
Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Actually, no.

If there are no donations, then the server will eventually go down - Gishank can't afford to maintain it forever, so if he doesn't receive any donations then within a month or two the server will go down. You can't expect him to pay for a server that we all use and enjoy, without even asking for any help towards doing so. He's not lying to you (The server really will go down if he can't get enough donations), and he's not gaining anything by doing so (Because as it is he's making a loss anyway). So no, that isn't fraud, and you sir are talking out of your arse.

Regards,

Blob

Blobmania said:
Peton said:
Raging Womble said:
So you telling people in the server that in order to keep it going you need donations was a lie? Isnt that fraud?

In short, yes Womble.
Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Actually, no.

If there are no donations, then the server will eventually go down - Gishank can't afford to maintain it forever, so if he doesn't receive any donations then within a month or two the server will go down. You can't expect him to pay for a server that we all use and enjoy, without even asking for any help towards doing so. He's not lying to you (The server really will go down if he can't get enough donations), and he's not gaining anything by doing so (Because as it is he's making a loss anyway). So no, that isn't fraud, and you sir are talking out of your arse.

Regards,

Blob

Left my reply a bit late here, but I'll make this my final post on the matter since I don't wish to clog up this thread with spam which will result in a moderator having to step in. So lets make this as short and sweet as I can.

Blob, as you are not really a regular of PW or really in contact with many(probably some since your actually on this topic) of the people associated with this server you do not fully understand the situation at hand as not all of it is represented on this thread, there is plenty that has occurred and is still occurring over TS/Steam so I would recommend you get more information on the matter before you judge i'm talking out of my arse completely, however I can understand your viewpoint right now but by all means you can PM me if you'd like and I can give you more background information on the matter, or at least what I currently know.

But like I said, I don't want to derail this topic even further, this should be used for announcements for the EU_Union server and rules/staff changes etc and so I'll refrain from posting further.

Ffs I go away for one weekend and all of the children come out from their playgroups and throw their toys out! thank goodness its almost Monday maybe the child-minders will get rid of all the trash!

Its like a primary school playground in this thread! who cares, I enjoy a game, you enjoy a game and at our work and expense of labour (we make no profit and I certainly am not paid for the almost 24/5 work I do) we put up a server and provide you all with a map to play on, a banking system (human run) and events throughout the day to keep you entertained!

23516335.jpg

if not then I suggest you take up sewing or knitting and go knit jumpers or repair socks because clearly that's what your after in a Mod for warband. ¬¬ some people.

I have talked with all mappers who were involved with the map "Borderlands". Guard has withdrawn all his rights towards the permissions and Von_Blucher gave me all the responsibilities to handle the permissions. With other words, I am in charge of giving out the permission of the map to certain Server's. So with these words I repeat:

With being in charge of handling the permission of using the map "Borderlands", I do not allow the Server EU_Union to use it anymore.

And beside this, reading all the answers by random people, I dont see myself in the mood to explain myself nor the situation. Since all the Union Admins and the Union community
know how much I contributed to the Map and the Server, I do not feel myself to justify here.

If we get confirmation from Blucher and Guard themselves we will naturally comply with said request. Though I would advise you (and I hope Blucher has aswell) that the map has some inherent stability issues which need to be addressed.

Though, we feel it is best to put some clarity in the public view (as we have heard a number of rumors with regards to what happend) as to the situation with Union, formatted in the timeframe of events.

March 10th - 13th
During this period it was brought to light that Guard and Salva were both considering resigning (and both gave the impression they were leaving PW entirely) due to the stresses and drama involved with running and maintaining a Persistent World community. At this present time they were considering giving the community to S0mebody, to which myself and Jammy advised against due to his affiliation with the RCC (the RCC has shown an aggressive nature to "competing" PW communities in the past, so we had our doubts). We in turn suggested to Guard and Salva that we should take management of it with Gesha/Bern as the lead administrative staff (myself and Jammy in turn taking background roles to help maintain the server and community). After this was discussed by the existing head admin team as a whole (by both Guard/Salva) myself and Jammy were informed that they would like us to manage EU Union.

March 14th
Salva posted his official resignation post, this is still available in our forum archive though as normal users don't have access to it, here is a link to pastebin - it is a raw copy paste so it includes BB Code;

http://pastebin.com/NW6qJESZ

March 15th
Guard resigned.

March 15th - 17th
During this period, we relaxed/removed a number of rules in the rather strict rule system that was implemented near the end of Guard/Salva's management of the community.

Salva attempted to release "Borderlands 2" publically without Guard or Bluchers consent. Guard spoke to Salva and the situation was resolved.

March 17th
I was contacted by Salva who enquired as to why his administrative rights had been removed and asked for them back, though in the manner of which he presented his request it sounded like he desired rights without taking an active part in Union's admin team. I personally informed him that I could not make such a decision by myself and I would have to speak to Jammy, Bern and Gesha before such an action could be undertaken.

I also proceeded to discuss the domain with Salva and how it would be approached due to the management system change. Due to the fact that transfering the domain would cost (myself) a fee from 1&1 that when the domain expired in December, the 17th (specifically myself) would re-purchase it.

March 18th
In the morning;
I recieved a message from Salva stating that he was "done" with PW and that he no longer desired said rights, and that he was leaving it entirely (which we originally thought was the case when we spoke before the management change).

In the afternoon;
Salva deleted the domain name ("pw4-union.com").
Salva abused Erk's trust and proceeded to use his forum account to lock the EU_Union thread.
Salva had (at this time) already blocked Gesha and Bern on steam.

Both myself and Jammy contacted Salva in a diplomatic manner to try and discover what had caused this sudden hostility to which Salva proceeded to block us on Steam. We also attempted to use Guard as a proxy to speak with Salva however at this time Salva was ignoring Guard. Armageddon then proceeded to delete both Griff and Salva's accounts on the website "at their request", due to the absent communication with Salva we were under the impression that Salva was doing as much damage to Union as possible and legging it. Naturally we must treat any and all attacks on the community/server seriously regardless of their severity or whom conducted them.

In the evening;
A trial admin by the name of John (under the alias "Grumpy"), proceeded to temp-ban/kick everyone on the server. After this was resolved, another admin by the name Ludmillus (under the alias "UGLYAWESOMEPLAYERNAME") also proceeded to temp-ban/perm-ban everyone on the server, he also attempted to delete the banking records. We resolved this issue promptly, with the culprits being banned. We recieved information from another person that they had suspicions of Armageddon (also known by "Crusher") being the "mastermind" of the situation and had been influencing people through Steam and teamspeak with strong negative views of Union. Armageddon was dragged in to a TS channel to discuss the matter, however unfortunately with everyone being extremely stressed due to the situation the discussion did not go well, Armageddon claiming his opinion as a Head Admin was not influential to others, he eventually left the teamspeak with the matter unresolved. In the heat of the moment (because we were not willing to take any chances) he was banned from the teamspeak.

This resulted in everyone whom had not posted in a thread to check if they were still active (started before the management change) to be removed. Aswell as a number of admins whom had shown true dedication to the community and server in the evenings events to be promoted.

March 19th
We started hearing various rumors (which were spreading like wildfire/chinese hispers). From what we could best tell they were originating from Ludmillus/John, though we also had a feeling at the time that Salva was involved. These included but are not limited to things such as claiming we had overthrown Salva/Guard and taken control of managing the server without their consent, that we were banning/removing admins "one by one" and replacing them with 17th members, that Salva had not conducted malicious actions towards Union and that he had to "pay" for the domain on a monthly basis (???), etc.

Thanks to Guard, Salva was convinced to come on our teamspeak in the evening of March 20th.

March 20th
Salva came on to our teamspeak, then Salva, Jammy, Gesha, Bern and Guard spoke. During this conversation we decided that Salva would be unbanned, but as both a condition of being unbanned and proof of goodwill, Salva would have to make a public statement to nip these rumors in the bud. It was also decided that he would not be granted any admin rights back immediately, and that he would have to earn them back.

March 22nd
Salva made a post/statement through Rudy on the EU_Union forums, in Armageddon's complaint thread. This post seemed rather negative, and somewhat factually incorrect (Guard also made a response in that thread to Salva's statement).
Salva made his original post (without Guard/Bluchers cooperation or consent) to revoke our right to use the map.

It would also appear in the days since the 22nd, Ludmillus has been inciting existing admins to abuse their powers and join Nexus.

Too much drama.

Just to confirm I wash my hands of any 'ownership' of the map.

I have little interest in PW anymore  anyway and cant be bothered.

Von Blucher said:
Just to confirm I wash my hands of any 'ownership' of the map.

I have little interest in PW anymore  anyway and cant be bothered.

Thank you for confirming Salva's statement. We will make changes accordingly.

Gishank said:
At this present time they were considering giving the community to S0mebody, to which myself and Jammy advised against due to his affiliation with the RCC (the RCC has shown an aggressive nature to "competing" PW communities in the past, so we had our doubts).

I wish to make it quite clear that I in no part ever engaged in any aggressive way to competitors of RCC, quite the contrary, even to the extent of giving a great deal of assistance to TNT (and I might add that all of the RCC guys who I am not a member of were also collaborating with TNT). Any issues you may have with RCC have no place in this thread, nor should they in any way be associated with me.

Gishank said:
March 15th - 17th
During this period, we relaxed/removed a number of rules in the rather strict rule system that was implemented near the end of Guard/Salva's management of the community.

Oh really? I contributed to the rules? You should get the facts right. I was not servowner in this time. Its was head-admin council and the rules got enforce without
mine or all HA's "okay".

Gishank said:
March 15th - 17th
Salva attempted to release "Borderlands 2" publically without Guard or Bluchers consent. Guard spoke to Salva and the situation was resolved.

attempted?

I did spoke to Guard and he agreed to make it public.

Gishank said:
March 17th
I was contacted by Salva who enquired as to why his administrative rights had been removed and asked for them back, though in the manner of which he presented his request it sounded like he desired rights without taking an active part in Union's admin team. I personally informed him that I could not make such a decision by myself and I would have to speak to Jammy, Bern and Gesha before such an action could be undertaken.

I did resign. But from being the Server-owner and the main manager of the Server. Not of the system "Union" and it was the way how you encountered which made me wonder.
Especially because I wanted still support the server which I contributed to be the most popular in PW at this time.  But Jammey explanation why I didnt(!) get admin-rights on union:

*ADMIN* [WFG_Adm_LadyPenelope] > [Erk] Salva wanted admin to mess bout with after he resigned on the server - *ADMIN* [WFG_Adm_LadyPenelope] > [Erk] we said no as we dont want people who will abuse admin

So you didnt gave me permissions because you dont want an abusing admin?

Are you serious?

Gishank said:
March 18th
In the morning;
I recieved a message from Salva stating that he was "done" with PW and that he no longer desired said rights, and that he was leaving it entirely (which we originally thought was the case when we spoke before the management change).

In the afternoon;
Salva deleted the domain name ("pw4-union.com").
Salva abused Erk's trust and proceeded to use his forum account to lock the EU_Union thread.
Salva had (at this time) already blocked Gesha and Bern on steam.

I did deleted the Domain, especially because of security issues. Everyone who had a Domain at 1&1 knows what I talking about. And why should I let you use my
money and hard work, if you don't appreciate my appearance on Union?

Gishank said:
March 19th
We started hearing various rumors (which were spreading like wildfire/chinese hispers). From what we could best tell they were originating from Ludmillus/John, though we also had a feeling at the time that Salva was involved. These included but are not limited to things such as claiming we had overthrown Salva/Guard and taken control of managing the server without their consent, that we were banning/removing admins "one by one" and replacing them with 17th members, that Salva had not conducted malicious actions towards Union and that he had to "pay" for the domain on a monthly basis (???), etc.

I had nothing to do with the actions of Ludmillus nor John. I dont see the point why the community should suffer of the a intern conflict. And why should I "attack" and destroy the server which I did work 3 months for, sometime day and night?

Gishank said:
March 20th
Salva came on to our teamspeak, then Salva, Jammy, Gesha, Bern and Guard spoke. During this conversation we decided that Salva would be unbanned, but as both a condition of being unbanned and proof of goodwill, Salva would have to make a public statement to nip these rumors in the bud. It was also decided that he would not be granted any admin rights back immediately, and that he would have to earn them back.

Yeah, I did not unbanned from the server where I was the owner for 90% of the time. Why should I make a public statement then?

Gishank said:
March 22nd
Salva made a post/statement through Rudy on the EU_Union forums, in Armageddon's complaint thread. This post seemed rather negative, and somewhat factually incorrect (Guard also made a response in that thread to Salva's statement).

Well I wrote the truth, because Jammy/Bern started in the Union forum to talk, that Guard and Jammy were the real Owner and I was just a "employee" as HA.
This is ridiculous and everyone in the Union community / Admin Team knows it.

Here is the thread:

http://www.pw-union.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9673.15

Page 2/3 should be read.

Gishank said:
Salva made his original post (without Guard/Bluchers cooperation or consent) to revoke our right to use the map.

I revoke you the rights behalf my contribution of the map. I did not say that I have the full right to handle the permission. I did clearly said, that
my position as a huge contributor I do not accept that this map is still running on Union.

But as I wrote above. I do have now the full right to handle the permission and I am not sure what you trying to achieve.

Trying to show that I am the bad man who wanted to destroy the server, which I worked unbelievable hard on it?

salva, you have your thread, and your server. now go there and hf. because i'm not listening to you or your crap any more.

noone cares lets see how well nexus does.

In Another note half of what you've said are lies.

"Because with this words I would like to officially say, that I am resigning from the management of EU_Union.
It was a great experience but how life is...everything has a end. And now its the end for me in the world of PW.
I did as much I could and as good as I could. And I hope that the spirit of Union will remain for a time and that
all of you will enjoy the new Map.

Also at this moment I would announce that Vodka and Bern are now in charge of EU_Union in time being.
I am sure they will do their best and keep everything up. And I hope all of you may understand my step as
resigning. I have to do it simply because I am not a Teenager anymore and the serious part of life begins." - taken from your resignation post.

Now tell me what part of that says oh btw i shud have all the controls still despite resigning and not admining. because im special.

get off your damn high horse! you dont get admin powers just because of who you are, just get your head out of your ass for a moment and start thinking logically why the **** would you give someone who resigns all the powers back? you wouldnt especially when asked all they say is " because i want to look round the map" bull ****. you wanted to slowly get power back because your a power hungry whore. you couldn't even last a single week before trying to get power back.

sad. so much for the resigning so that the "serious part of life begins" lol such a joke.

And to make matters worse your on a moral high horse bull****ting your way out of the respect of all that worked with you directly on the server. Guard and jammy did tons of ****, to say that you did everything is ****ing hillarious, or even a majority, and even more funny is the idea that you ever owned the server haha ****ing hillarious, who payed for it? ?? You think just because i run it with gesha that me and gesha own it? NO ofc not ffs the person who pays owns not the other way round. By your logic the manager at my local KFC OWNS his KFC. and infact the entire chain of KFC. because he does all the work. and all the admin of his team. He personally doesnt pay anything but ofc he does the work therefore its his right? lmao

Guard had a Severalty of ownership. you didnt pay for it, it wasnt your name on the bills and it wasnt your name as a client on records. your just a head admin who got high due to trust and friendship and then went on to act as if you owned the place. really funny. i look forward to you trying to screw over somebody as well. I look forward hopefully to you failing as well because im sure eventually somebody will realise what a waste you are.

Gentlemen please. I'm appalled by all your behaviors here on this thread. I know I'm not one of the "regulars" on PW and such but please take my advice. Take this heated argument into PM or some other way of communication rather than bashing each other here. As  others said (not quite sure who) this thread was created and is meant for announcements and such that concerns EU_Union, not to bash, lash at each other, and act quite immature for all of TaleWorlds to see.

Settle your differences then post a proper and more useful announcement here in which we may all benefit.

Salva said:
*ADMIN* [WFG_Adm_LadyPenelope] > [Erk] Salva wanted admin to mess bout with after he resigned on the server - *ADMIN* [WFG_Adm_LadyPenelope] > [Erk] we said no as we dont want people who will abuse admin

So you didnt gave me permissions because you dont want an abusing admin?

Are you serious?

2 things spring to mind

1) that was after you locked out taleworld's thread and after you took down the domain name, As a result you attacked the server and thus in my eyes is classed as abusing your power.

2) You spoke to Gishank and said you did not want rights anymore and that was after that conversation. If you would make your mind up i doubt this would have even happened

Just wanted to clarify that. However that being said I agree with LE HI that this should be settled in a private manner. Hence why I stopped posting on here.

Le Hi said:
Gentlemen please. I'm appalled by all your behaviors here on this thread. I know I'm not one of the "regulars" on PW and such but please take my advice. Take this heated argument into PM or some other way of communication rather than bashing each other here. As  others said (not quite sure who) this thread was created and is meant for announcements and such that concerns EU_Union, not to bash, lash at each other, and act quite immature for all of TaleWorlds to see.

Settle your differences then post a proper and more useful announcement here in which we may all benefit.

You should all listen to this fine, upstanding member of the community.

<insert appropriate threat here>

Okay This Thread is now Back to announcements again

If you Are not already aware Salva Revoked our rights to use Borderlands (evidence below)

Salva said:
I have talked with all mappers who were involved with the map "Borderlands". Guard has withdrawn all his rights towards the permissions and Von_Blucher gave me all the responsibilities to handle the permissions. With other words, I am in charge of giving out the permission of the map to certain Server's. So with these words I repeat:

With being in charge of handling the permission of using the map "Borderlands", I do not allow the Server EU_Union to use it anymore.

As such we have switched to Lowlands for the time being, by request of Salva, until we finish development on our new map. More news about our new map will be published here and on our website in the coming weeks. We would like to thank the community and admin team for their hard work in this difficult time. In addition the Head Admin team is currently being voted in by the admin staff, which will help the server and help it grow and prosper after these difficult weeks. I hope we can continue to push forward and improve the map, for you our loyal community members.

Xv0uJl9.jpg
Yeah, ofcourse you blaim them. But, it wasn't them. You are really spreading many false accusations and lies. If you wonder who took it, it was me (Gato).

Back
Top Bottom