erro sting to player

Users who are viewing this thread

Kosolov325

Recruit
I'm trying to send this messages in my language to player, but the ê or â this thing from my language : ) cant be understand by the game so... the game just remove this letters in the game. can someone help me?

Code:
      (multiplayer_send_string_to_player, ":player_id", server_event_script_message, "@Bem vindo {s2} (GUID: {reg1}, PIN: {s0})."),
      (multiplayer_send_string_to_player, ":player_id", server_event_script_message, "@{s1}."),
      (multiplayer_send_string_to_player, ":player_id", server_event_script_message, "@Você tem {reg3} de ouro no banco."),
      (multiplayer_send_string_to_player, ":player_id", server_event_script_message, "@Comandos disponiveis:"),
      (multiplayer_send_string_to_player, ":player_id", server_event_script_message, "@/help, /info, /comandos."),

Solution
We (@Swyter , @Pitch and I) discussed a bit about it at the Modding Discord.

Swyter noted
All the Mount&Blade games have full Unicode support. The normal font also supports most extended Latin glyphs/characters, I don't know how in-game input works. That may be the main problem. Or maybe when trying to handle strings via network, but I'm not well versed in that.
But as long as your current font has that glyph in the font_data.xml it should show up in-game.
and
I would try different character encodings server-side for HTTP responses. But for standard module system strings, I don't know. Hopefully they don't strip things out of the ASCII range, I would ask TaleWorlds. But in any case I would tell him to try to...

Swyter noted
All the Mount&Blade games have full Unicode support. The normal font also supports most extended Latin glyphs/characters, I don't know how in-game input works. That may be the main problem. Or maybe when trying to handle strings via network, but I'm not well versed in that.
But as long as your current font has that glyph in the font_data.xml it should show up in-game.
and
I would try different character encodings server-side for HTTP responses. But for standard module system strings, I don't know. Hopefully they don't strip things out of the ASCII range, I would ask TaleWorlds. But in any case I would tell him to try to show some special letters locally to ensure that that works and then try the same server-side. To try to narrow things down a bit and see where the problem comes from.
But it can be many things; borked network responses or missing glyphs in the Native font.
I asked about if it would be a solution to only call strings which you have set up in module_strings instead of sending strings. Pitch checked it and can use the display_message operation with portugese characters.

So our common suggestion for you is to declare the strings in module_strings and send those instead of a quick string.

Upvote 0
Solution

Swyter noted

and

I asked about if it would be a solution to only call strings which you have set up in module_strings instead of sending strings. Pitch checked it and can use the display_message operation with portugese characters.

So our common suggestion for you is to declare the strings in module_strings and send those instead of a quick string.
LOL u helped me a lot, but i found an easiest way... i will share for everyone if someone has this problem too

Just compile the module
go to the module dir that u compiled
open quick_strings.txt or scrips.txt like (default windows) notepad
go to File > Save as > save like scripts.txt or quick_strings.txt or another .txt u compiled > click in ASCII and but UTF-8 and save

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom