Enough with the rearing already

What do you think of the proposed changes?

• Agree

Votes: 48 90.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Even courser does sometimes.  Hunter is the first horse that you can actually trust to not rear from hitting one person.

A_Mustang said:
what's more annoying is being stuck inside a vaegir mob, riding a heavy charger, and being slowly hit to death because you're horse can't push past the one guy in front of it.
I was thinking on this. How about control+j become a sort of attack while stationary?

Faranox said:
A_Mustang said:
what's more annoying is being stuck inside a vaegir mob, riding a heavy charger, and being slowly hit to death because you're horse can't push past the one guy in front of it.
I was thinking on this. How about control+j become a sort of attack while stationary?
I've been pushing for horse attacks since i arrived in beta, but as we can see horses ave become dense as rocks.  :roll:

Archonsod said:
If the horse rears when you hit a single person, it's because you weren't moving fast enough to trample them. They still get knocked down, but to be honest being ran over by a near stationary horse would be somewhat silly.

Nope, happens to ALL horses, emphasis on ALL. (This sucks)

i agree, but also have a suggestion:

is it possible to have horses detect a collision maybe 1 second ahead, and SLOW down and REAR if the collision is not avoided....but most cases would see a split second slow down(increasing maneuverability) and the rider avoiding the collision. 

Berserker Pride said:
Even courser does sometimes.  Hunter is the first horse that you can actually trust to not rear from hitting one person.

I've had it happen with a warhorse when the player jumps into you.  Full bore charging someone down, they jump into me.  Horse rears.  Seriously? 

*sigh*

Berserker Pride said:

Thats why I rarely use courser anymore, used to be my favourite horse because of the speed but now a light breeze seems to bring it to a halt. I now get stuck with the hunter and cheapest armour and weapons.

I think they should still keep immediate rearing for when a polearm thrusts into your horse though, but make cavalry more deadly in general by not letting horses get stopped easily. Also you cant block for a brief period after your horse rears which is usually just enough time for all the enemies around you to cut you down.

It should have to be a piercing polearm though.  I doubt you could thunk a horse with the blunt side of your axe and actually bring it to a stop.  And that is just one more thing I have against longaxes.

To be honest, I think polearms cause horses to rear far too easily. You actually only have to hit them with a grazing blow, and they'll rear up. You should have to do at least 10 damage to the horse before it rears up, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom