Endgame, and ruling a kingdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Timst

Recruit
So, the first time I played M&B (the original), I helped a deposed king form a rebellion to try and recapture his old kingdom. I enjoyed unlimited freedom and complete authority on everyone in the new kingdom, until the rebellion ended in a bizarre anticlimax where I lost my status, the rebellious king regained his place (hating me, because I didn't give him enough fiefs), and I was a regular vassal all over again, despite having been a de facto king for several months before that. It was kind of a downer ending, and I was pretty disappointed in the game for "ending" like this. Sure I could have started another rebellion elsewhere and never finished it so I could have the illusion of being king, but what's the point ?

In Warband, Talesword didn't make this mistake twice and allowed the player to create a kingdom, which was great.

However, in Fire & Sword, we seems to be back to the M&B system for historical reasons, but I'm not sure. So before I embark in another disappointing rebelling campaign, could someone help me clarify the following points ?

- If I undertake a rebellion quest, it will work in the same way that it worked back in M&B, right ? I will have no additional power or status once the rebellion is finished ?

- I noticed that if I try to secede from my lord when he doesn't give me a fortress I conquered (is there another way ?), I become a [faction] (rebels), like with the rebellion quest. If I conquer every single fortress of the regular faction, will "my" faction replace it ? If so, will I become king, or will the pretender / the old king appear to seize my throne ? And if I become king, will I enjoy additional powers on my kingdom and vassals ?

- Finally, is there a way to replace the current king from inside a faction ?

Thanks in advance.

I have just rebelled Cossacks out of the game alone, but my faction is still rebel faction and I can't get any subjects!

Here's the thing. The original With Fire and Sword was based on Mount and Blade (before warband). When they decided to make an international version (the one we're playing) they made the same exact game except in the warband upgraded engine. It is for this reason that these LOVED warband features are not in With Fire and Sword.

Sad but true. I had the same disappointing experience when I rebelled against the crimean khanate. I won and suddenly I was not the marshal anymore! So in my new game I help the faction I want to rebel in get nice and large, then I rebel and take half of it with me and let the other half live so I can retain control and fight everyone else and still get lords.

WFaS is a branch from M&B, not WB.  Once we have the module code we can start looking at a merge to bring WFaS into the WB endgame.  Not trivial, but that's what we're looking at.

Back
Top Bottom