ELUSIVE HEROES

Users who are viewing this thread

vladimir

Regular
is there an easy way to find these heroes? i already have a relation of 100 with the noldor but i havent gotten a single qualis gem (dragon tear) to open the stupid noldor shop and if there isnt an easy way is there at least a small circle that they hang out in? or is it 100% random? please help me i am getting kinda bored...

The heroes are NOT elusive.  They spawn after you have killed off lots of, for instace, smaller parties of the Snake Cult, the Mystmountain Raiders, the Vanskerries.  Even if you don't do a lot of that, the bigger armies will start spawning once you are into the game.  You will be hard-put to avoid them in any game, and you have to beat all the spawned armies - amongst other things - to win.

vladimir said:
is there an easy way to find these heroes? i already have a relation of 100 with the noldor but i havent gotten a single qualis gem (dragon tear) to open the stupid noldor shop and if there isnt an easy way is there at least a small circle that they hang out in? or is it 100% random? please help me i am getting kinda bored...

Check your victory conditions and look for armies spawned.  It is random, however it is statistically an anomoly if you have not had one on the map.  I know the game i am currently playing I have three Heroes on the map and an additional three non-gem carrying armies (two Heretic and one Mysmountain) and I am on day 80. 

Some heroes are tied to the supression of the minor factions.  Others are not and show up randomly.  The various adventure companies and renegade knight spawns are in the latter.  Wolfbode (mystmountain) Kajuda (Jatu), Kajahar (Jatu) are examples of those tied to minor factions and your actions in defeating those flavors of spawns can affect the rate that these heroes will show up.

Once they spawn, you have to capture the hero, and then talk to them once they are your prisoner in order to gain the gem.

The other option, as pointed out above, is one of the many easter eggs in the game.

Visit the hidden chest in Rane.

Regards,

Saxondragon

vladimir said:

give a visit to every city/ castle and speak to tavern keeper ant the folk in there, shop keeper (walk in streets), the folk you find in the castle. this will increase sicnificant the spawn chance of unique armis/ heros.
also if you meet any lords ask them about current events.

If you are on good terms with the Militias, you can ask them, too - they will tell you what armies/mercs, etc. are in the area if they like you.  The more rumors you hear in taverns about a special group like the Snake Cult or whatever, the more likely one of their armies will spawn.

wow, you didn't see this coming

shiny, shiny, come on...

Mepps-Spinner-Aglia-gold.jpg

where in Rane is the stupid chest hidden? i searched the tavern the castle the arena....well i did find a chest in the castle but i have to own the castle to open it...is that why i couldnt find it?

thank you everybody :smile: and nocturno i dont know what's wrong with you  :shock: but you should seriously consider seeing a doctor about it  :mrgreen:

thank you that was going to be my last resort and i appreciate that you didnt completely spoil the search and say where in town

[edit]
I have found the chest and i now own several hundred noldar rangers either posted at my many fiefs or in my current party (they are
much better than my old pendor grey archers and silvermist archers)

3 days after the mod is out and you're bored?  Try not importing a character or any other shortcuts and it may make it more interesting to you.  If you didn't, I don't believe you unless you have nothing else to do but sit in front of a computer.  But that's my opinion, so take it as such.

And hundrets of noldors with the gem of the chest in Rane, wow, i must have
done something wrong.
We dont need a doctor, we need a troll-exterminator.
I got some stakes here... can someone lend me a hammer?

@Wolfsblut: He used Lord Kinlar's qualis cheat and loaded the Rane chest (which I stupidly told him how to find) with qualis gems, and now has the trollish audacity to brag about his military prowess here.  Like we care how many Noldor he was able to enlist by using a blatant cheat.

@Vladimir: we don't give a damn if, how or when you cheat, but boasting about it like you actually personally accomplished something in the game earns you nothing but contempt, not admiration, amongst us honest gamers.  Edit: You might find the game a bit more entertaining if you actually play without cheating.  Any moron who can't do more than play using cntrl+f5 so the AI fights for him (as you probably also do)  can conquer the map with a gazillion Noldor.  Can you do it with your own strategy, levelling up a character from a n00b to a king,  instead of using cheats?  I'll bet you can't.

@Nocturno - love the troll sign!  Which way to the troll extermination office?

I'll be honest - I have no objection to cheats. People have fun however they have fun. Having started and played PoP 3 with no modification what so ever, aside from 'easy' combat (1/4 damage) I can say it's freaking amazing. I've had to travel a lot; finding enemies in the right difficulty range has been a struggle especially in the low-mid game (levels 15-25) but now that I'm over 25 and over 100 soldiers, most of whom have leveled way up, it's starting to get easier. Having seen the crushing power of most nations noble armies I'm still holding off on starting my own empire until I've got good enough relations with everyone and can field closer to 150 troops. I wish hero spawns were less common than they are - effectively couldn't get to Cez thanks to the Dread Legion. With a lot of patience I took the Snakes all the way down to Javkisholm. They're having tea with the locals now and discussing politics. I'm expecting thank-you notes from Ravenstern and Sarleon.

Pay for rumors in bars, talk to people and ask for rumors, I've had a few spawns generate from that.

I have a question though; if I get in a tussle with one of the wandering mercenary units will they be unwilling to work for me later? I'm all jazzed on spending my filthy lucre on a massive mercenary army and expanding my empire with their purchased lives.

@Griefer: Nobody objected to Vladimir's cheating, merely to the fact that he was boasting about his conquests from cheating as if he'd done something amazing in the game all by himself.  It is fine to cheat if you want to, everybody is free to play the way they want to play, but it is NOT very fine to brag about accomplishments which can only be achieved through cheats. 

I fully admit to tweaking the items file so I can get a couple of Netherworld Charges - noosers rags me about that all the time, and I used cheats in the betas to get where I needed to go fast enough to test what needed testing.  Once the testing was done and the game released, cheats went off and have stayed off.  And yes, I've had my butt regally kicked a couple of times already.  But, I won the battles I won honestly.

You can get back on terms with the mercenary groups anytime the same way as in V 2.5 - help them out in a battle.  I've done that in early stages and several of them don't attack me now.  When you get to the mid-to-late game stages, you should have the opportunity to hire some lethal mercenaries yourself.

and i tend to "cheat" by modifying atleast a handful of lances to do blunt damage only :grin: havent done it yet this rounf of pop though

Gotcha. I was just considering the viability of whacking some of them in hopes of getting a Qualis Gem. Perhaps I'll hold off for now; I was able to pimp Wolfebode out for one. Don't have much use for them until I start a kingdom anyway.  If a hero is wiped out by an NPC army will they still respawn?

Griefer said:
If a hero is wiped out by an NPC army will they still respawn?

Hello Griefer,
The only way a hero will NOT respawn, is if you, as the player, execute them. 

Ergo:
You can engage, defeat, caputure, ransom for a qualis gem.. over and over and over.. just a matter of time before them come back.

Best,

Saxondragon

Back
Top Bottom