Editing "sneaking into town" equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Scaevolus

Regular
I tried asking this question in another sub-forum but didn't get a definite answer:

I'm trying to edit what I sneak into town with.
(e.g. replacing throwing daggers with the smallest crossbow)
I've looked through the troops file and can't seem to find anything that deals with that inventory.
Unless it's not even in the troops file.

Anyone know where I can edit this?

Scaevolus said:
I tried asking this question in another sub-forum but didn't get a definite answer:

I'm trying to edit what I sneak into town with.
(e.g. replacing throwing daggers with the smallest crossbow)
I've looked through the troops file and can't seem to find anything that deals with that inventory.
Unless it's not even in the troops file.

Anyone know where I can edit this?

Check out the mission template for sneaking in, it might be there.

grailknighthero said:
Check out the mission template for sneaking in, it might be there.

Bingo.  It's in module_mission_templates.
You have to edit it in the module source and rebuild the module to get the file.
I tried replacing the staff with a dagger but that screwed everything up.
I went in-game to see if it worked and I ended up being spawned with a peasant dress and nothing else.
Sooo...changed that back.

The only alternative I saw was to use the item editor and replace the mesh and stats of "itm_practice_staff" with whatever weapon I wanted.
Which is what I did.

Scaevolus, you just probably messed something up. In module_mission_templates.py, change this line:
Code:
pilgrim_disguise = [itm_pilgrim_hood,itm_pilgrim_disguise,itm_iron_staff, itm_throwing_daggers]
And replace this items with whatever you want. It works for me.

napancux said:
Scaevolus, you just probably messed something up. In module_mission_templates.py, change this line:
Code:
pilgrim_disguise = [itm_pilgrim_hood,itm_pilgrim_disguise,itm_iron_staff, itm_throwing_daggers]
And replace this items with whatever you want. It works for me.

That's the line I edited.  I replaced "itm_practice_staff" with "itm_dagger" and it screwed everything up.

It COULD be that I'm trying this in the HYW mod.
Would I need the HYW source to edit this correctly or is the native module_mission_template.py a standard file that fits into anything without need for modifying?

Back
Top Bottom