Need More Info [e1.7.2] Game world is black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-03-24_09.18.19_fa99258fe0e0417a3d4f4bbb8f6fbc81
Summary:
It appears that the rendering in the world has gone dark. This applies to all save files including the main menu. The exception appears to be all UI elements. The save file it happened in is made in e1.7.2.
How to Reproduce:
I am not entirely sure how to reproduce this. This occurred when the game was minimized for an hour or so, while interacting with a female noble in a castle scene. When reopening the game application the game appeared to be frozen with the exception of escape menu where I could navigate to settings and make changes. I was however not visibly able to escape the conversation, since that dialogue UI was also visibly frozen.
Because I play in Iron Man I was not able to exit the game normally and had to force the game process to end. Upon reloading the game, all world rendering appeared to be dark apart from UI elements as shown in attached screenshots.(You can see a little square in the top left corner that actually is rendering only ocean and smoke textures.) I could however interact with the world as I saw the avatar icon moving and sound being played. This applies to all save files.
I tried to change all video settings, and also verify the integrity of the game files to no avail.

EDIT: I have now tried to reinstall the game and update graphics driver version to latest "512.15", and anomaly still persists.

2nd EDIT: Since the reinstallation did not work I was troubleshooting for potential graphical settings causing the bug. After turning off "Dynamic Resolution Scaling" it appears that the game is back to rendering the world again. Turning it back on makes causes the bug to reappear. This did not happen when I enabled it initially a while ago.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
No Cheats has been used.
Scene Name (if related):
Seemingly unrelated, but first occurred in a castle scene.
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 511.79
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX Fury
Motherboard: MSI MS-7978
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 240GB SSD Kingston SHFS37A240G

Last edited:
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Last edited:
Hi,
You provided a crash id. But you did not mention crashing in the report. Do you have any more info about that crash?
Forwarding the rest to the developers. Thank you for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience.
Hello. I must apologise because the Crash is from me typing the CPU benchmark command in the console and when it got stuck in a loading screen I forced the game process to end which resulted in a crash report. All of this after the anomaly started occurring of course.

Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest version of the game? IF you still experiencing this issue please check if the resolution scaling is enabled. If you are using DLSS please check if it is enabled or not, too.

Back
Top Bottom