Dr. Gosnell's House of Horrors

Users who are viewing this thread

CountArtha

Knight at Arms
OH...MY...GOD.

A doctor whose abortion clinic was described as a filthy, foul-smelling "house of horrors" that was overlooked by regulators for years was charged Wednesday with murder, accused of delivering seven babies alive and then using scissors to kill them.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell was also charged with murder in the death of a woman who suffered an overdose of painkillers while awaiting an abortion.
At least two women died from the procedures, while scores more suffered perforated bowels, cervixes and uteruses, authorities said.
Bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses "were scattered throughout the building," the district attorney said. "There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."
Prosecutors said the place reeked of cat urine because of the animals that were allowed to roam freely, furniture and blankets were stained with blood, instruments were not properly sterilized, and disposable medical supplies were used over and over.
White women from the suburbs were ushered into a separate, slightly cleaner area because Gosnell believed they were more likely to file complaints.
Prosecutors said Gosnell falsified the ultrasound examinations that determine how far along a pregnancy is, teaching his staff to hold the probe in such a way that the fetus would look smaller.
Gosnell sometimes joked about the babies, saying one was so large he could "walk me to the bus stop," according to the report.
The state's reluctance to investigate, under several administrations, may stem partly from the sensitivity of the abortion debate.
Gosnell's wife performed extremely late-term abortions on Sundays, the report said.

http://www.healthgrades.com/directory_search/physician/profiles/dr-md-reports/dr-kermit-gosnell-md-69a006f6/patient-ratings
http://www.healthgrades.com/directory_search/physician/profiles/dr-md-reports/dr-kermit-gosnell-md-69a006f6/background-check

Yeah, right.  Quicker, cleaner murders paid for by Uncle Sam. :roll:

It looks like the guy was a practicing obstetrician too.  This was like his night job or something.

EDIT: You know, part of me still thinks this is some kind of hoax.  I mean, scissors?  Bloody pillows?  Dead baby trophies in jars?  Sounds like a Silence of the Lambs sequel or something.

CountArtha said:
Yeah, right.  Quicker, cleaner murders paid for by Uncle Sam. :roll:

It looks like the guy was a practicing obstetrician too.  This was like his night job or something.

People have the right to an abortion. I don't care whether you like it or not, but it's legal. Now, since it's legal, why not make sure it's done right?

CountArtha said:
There's no right way to do an abortion.  I don't care whether you like it or not.

Yes there is, one that it's done at the proper time established by law and medicine, in a clean, safe enviroment by responsible profesionals.
I don't care whether you like it or not, the law is the law and your personal moral views are not the law nor absolute.

Abortion is such a tricky issue. Sure, morally and even philosophically, every abortion is a murder, but what if the pregnancy is due to rape? Should a woman be forced to carry a child and birth it (or have a c-section) if she is raped and impregnated?

It's difficult to say. Personally, I think the law should forbid abortions outside of rape or incest cases, or if the mother's life is endangered. There's really no other justifiable reason for an abortion, in my eyes. Any other reason is just a murder of convenience.

CountArtha said:
Bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses "were scattered throughout the building," the district attorney said. "There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

They were clearly good luck charms since only two women died.  :razz:

Swadius said:
Laws can be abhorrent, no?

Yes they can, abortion laws are not the case in my opinion, they only have an effect on the individual who chooses to do so, not on the community as a whole. When a law comes out that ****s up the life of, say, working men because it worses labor conditions or somesuch then it's alright to scream to the heavens. But when you start shouting because someone decides to have an abortion and it doesn't fit your moral views, then it's wrong (again, IMO, I'm not as holier than thou as OP), why? because once you're done preventing that person from getting said abortion you go back home to your life and forget all about it, while the unwilling mother has to deal with it for the rest of her life.

BattleOfValmy said:
Sure, morally and even philosophically, every abortion is a murder
Morals are subjective. What you think is amoral may not be for someone else (in the case of this simple thread, me).

Icy Fresh Werewolf said:
Swadius said:
BattleOfValmy said:
Sure, morally and even philosophically, every abortion is a murder.

No it's not.
Fine, it's medical homicide.

It's not that either if done on proper time. Sure if pull out a 6 month baby then yeah, but not if you abort the fetus on proper time.

The Cow Dude said:
Who gives a **** though? Certainly not the mother that wants an abortion; in this case, the only one that matters.
That's the thing, so many self righteous pricks feel the need to have an influence on everybody else's life, when it doesn't concern them.

Back
Top Bottom