Download Link and Mod description. Current version: 150 P7 or 156 B2+

Users who are viewing this thread

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Just 1 question:
Has "Heroes of Might and Magic III" been part of your inspiration?
I suppose it has to some point. I mainly got inspired from D&D (since I am actually a D&D Dungeon Master myself), but added some things based on some other things, like the necromancy skill. That one is pretty much inspired on the HoMM games.

count_awesome said:
Something unusual said:
You don't need to, just skip the step where they ask you to pay.
Oh nvm im stupid  :oops:. Thanks!  :razz:

Forget password isn't working for my account on nexus. It's been 2 days and I still don't have the email with the password reset. Someone just send me the files!

I feel like I've been checking the forums every few hours to check for the new release. Can't wait for the new overhaul to magic/faith! More importantly I can't wait to leave the undead empire in shatters with my clerics and paladins.

I heard evil summoners have been conjuring gateways to hell for demons to pour through in lands far away.... It may not be long before the summoners come to Calradia.

SmurfInHell said:
I feel like I've been checking the forums every few hours to check for the new release. Can't wait for the new overhaul to magic/faith! More importantly I can't wait to leave the undead empire in shatters with my clerics and paladins.

I know, right? I've been super hype about it since I read that PM he sent you talking about the new faith skill! I'm gonna make an Orc fighter/fire magician who uses necromancy and casts faith spells to heal himself. I'll also ride a unicorn and wear the healers ring. I'm gonna experiment with the "kill mode" of the staves and 10 power strike/magic power.

It effectively means your strikes hit the target twice with each hit, so in theory only excessively powerful weapons like the maul of titans will outperform it in damage. Even better, with the new magic inventory, you have 2 spaces for weapons that used to be for spells in a magic build...meaning now it's feasible to wield the necromancers staff AND the master's staff(Is there an archmage staff? I haven't seen one) at the same time!

INFINITE HEALING FIGHTING POWERRRRRR!!!

SmurfInHell said:

I heard evil summoners have been conjuring gateways to hell for demons to pour through in lands far away.... It may not be long before the summoners come to Calradia.

Patience, little grasshopper. It will come soon :wink:

Morrowind Mod Man said:
SmurfInHell said:

I know, right? I've been super hype about it since I read that PM he sent you talking about the new faith skill! I'm gonna make an Orc fighter/fire magician who uses necromancy and casts faith spells to heal himself. I'll also ride a unicorn and wear the healers ring. I'm gonna experiment with the "kill mode" of the staves and 10 power strike/magic power.

It effectively means your strikes hit the target twice with each hit, so in theory only excessively powerful weapons like the maul of titans will outperform it in damage. Even better, with the new magic inventory, you have 2 spaces for weapons that used to be for spells in a magic build...meaning now it's feasible to wield the necromancers staff AND the master's staff(Is there an archmage staff? I haven't seen one) at the same time!

Oh damn! I haven't even released it yet and you have already found an exploit :grin:
Still, staves tend to suck in melee, even with the charged mode so you wouldn't want to get into close combat with a good melee fighter once your magic runs out hehehe

guspav said:
SmurfInHell said:

Patience, little grasshopper. It will come soon :wink:

Morrowind Mod Man said:
SmurfInHell said:

Oh damn! I haven't even released it yet and you have already found an exploit :grin:
Still, staves tend to suck in melee, even with the charged mode so you wouldn't want to get into close combat with a good melee fighter once your magic runs out hehehe

Common now guspav read my sig :wink:. I'm all about actions and impulse here.

guspav said:

This isn't actually the strongest build your mod has possible, it's just a funny and incredibly dramatic example of how absurdly powerful you can get. The idea is that with enough health and regen, you can parry and backwards walk, while taking people down with your super staff long enough to regenerate. Anything that doesn't kill you in 1 or 2 hits won't be that effective because you can heal yourself. Truthfully though necromancy holds you back because wound treatment, trainer and surgery, the best skills INT has to offer aren't used in this mainly INT build. No, if you really wanted to become a god, I'm thinking...

The most powerful build is
a female elf(extra magic power and cuteness) or drow(not as good looking, but has 5 magic defense, but 1 less intelligence), a merchant's daughter who became a shop apprentice in her childhood then later became a medical student (because she knew that the extra bonuses to surgery, wound treatment and weapon master were more important than +2 magic power) and she adventures because of a lust for money and power. Leaving off on her adventure with 15-16 intelligence points, she sells any extra equipment before doing odd jobs until she earns 1000 denars. She then enters a tournament, and, staying on the fringes and attacking targets of opportunity, then nets over 12,000 denars in profits.  After winning several tournaments, betting 1000 gold each round, she buys the archmage hat and garmet, and 3 fireball spells, plus the best magic staff money can buy.

She then moves on to:

-Throws herself into conflict, fighting large groups of looters and bandits after recruiting NPC companions. She wins easily by chucking fireballs on the ground and burning the enemies to ashes, gaining easy levels.

-Raises an army of mage recruits, which she boosts to the top tier with her level 9 trainer skill, boosted to 10 with a book, and by +4 with companions who also have the skill.

-Becomes a master surgeon and healer, in the same way as the above and has an effective 56 percent chance of saving the lives of her men who fall in battle plus the ability to get them back on their feet within hours.

-Dumps all points into charisma after getting 30 INT, aiming to reach 10 leadership for maximum party size.

-Becomes the greatest at engineering, gaining the ability to build siege towers in 6 hours and ladders instantly.

-Destroys the Rhodoks, Swadians and Nords within less than an in game month using a hail of fireballs from master mages against enemies that like to bunch up into groups, often times taking over castles without ever setting foot inside of one. Before the siege tower even reaches the wall.

-Become so effective at killing that melee units are treated as "clean up duty" to polish off any survivors of the initial fireball assault. Silver Golems are treated like janitors, because they can only kill one person at a time and she can kill dozens.

-Turns any intelligence based companion into a fireball wielding machine much like herself, using her vast wealth to equip them with high quality gear. As cash allows, especially after the villages start bringing in the gold, she converts basically  everyone.

-Her companions gain levels absurdly fast because of the amount of EXP they get from the constant killing they do, which in turn allows them to level more and raise their skills further...to do more of the same.

-Buys an extra stock of fireballs to use when her initial assault fails to kill everyone, or when the reinforcements show up, which sit in her inventory until she decides to reequip at the starting position during battle.

-Gradually hands over fiefs to her now godly companions, having trained them well and turning them into lords who can help her conquer the world. She recruits lords from other factions as well when given the chance.

-Heads to other nations, recruiting stacks of peasants and soldiers to be stored in spare castles for when she eventually faces opponents who resist magic, allowing her to build armies of top tier units to be stored until she needs them for a particular conquest.

-Becomes a legend to her people and a monster to her enemies...for the brief period that they continue to draw breath before being incinerated.

I'm eager to see what you do with the mod in your updates. I've also tried out the entertain skill, and found that

-While it drains your morale and you lose renown for a failure when performing a speech, it also can potentially give you right to rule points, completely subverting the need for sending companions off on quests or any of the other time consuming methods.

-With 10 skill, you succeed roughly 1/3 of the time and gain between 3 to 5 points each time.

-30 is generally enough to avoid the other factions bullying your kingdom, and you can reach that point in less than a week ingame.

-Renown is basically worthless because at the higher levels, it requires tons of points to recruit any extra men, and it gets harder and harder to raise it. Losing it means nothing because the above character can solo groups of 100 and gain 50 points from one fight.

-Performing the highest level music paid out 1750, and failing reduces renown and morale, but you keep the money. Granted, this isn't so hot because a tournament is super easy to win and can get you 6 times that amount with a 1000 denar investment. BUT you don't have to DO anything to earn here, and this one action is like a month's rent from a village.

-But the skill of course isn't finished yet, so we'll see what the future brings. It would satisfy me to no end to immolate a group of angry hecklers who didn't like my music, likely earning back all the renown I lost from the failures from that one battle!

I see your faith update as hopefully a way for melee fighters to remain competent and relevant, compared to mages, who's only natural predators are dwarves, drows and armored horsemen. Of particular interest is the lay on hands skill, which has the potential to be a massive full heal considering the amount of lords who lose fights in this mod. The kherjits are probably gonna be my best friends, what with the whole orc situation.

Either way, I can break into any dungeons, or better yet, talk to the family members of said captives first and accept the quest to rescue them, then jail break them and collect the honor. It could take a while, but it adds up pretty quick. 4 points here, 3 more from refusing the reward from a bounty. I'm sure I'll find some way to make an unstoppable juggernaut :mrgreen:.

This mod is based off D&D and magic has always been the best choice in that game. It looks like melee guys can have some options now too. I enjoy playing your mod even while I wait for the update.  I thank you again for making it.

Downloaded. Enjoyed. Great work!
I play mods only sometimes (SP mods practically never) and it is for me one of best! Really good, continue it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------READ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     

well i followed the instructions and in my modle list it doesnt come up and when i go to look at in in the file to see if i did it right its not there unless i use my 7-zip program then i can see it and its a file with a lock on it please help me i really want to play this mod

0TheUndefined0 said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------READ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     

well i followed the instructions and in my modle list it doesnt come up and when i go to look at in in the file to see if i did it right its not there unless i use my 7-zip program then i can see it and its a file with a lock on it please help me i really want to play this mod

Download the thing, unzip it into Modules folder of your M&B folder. Then download hotfix and unzip it into the Phantasy folder, overwriting all. That should do it.

-_- for 1 you cant unzip but you can extract also thats what i did you preaty much said the instructions just replacing extract to unzip so will sombody else help me

Back
Top Bottom