Double up on horses

Users who are viewing this thread

sky777

Recruit
I was wasn't lucky enough to be picked for the Beta testing but after watching youtube clips I reckon you should be allowed to double up on a horse. If your horse get killed or you're a foot soldier and completely surrounded and in need of rescue. Of course there should be some draw back like the horse will go 30% slower if 2 people are on a horse and if you dismount off a horse while it moving you take damage.  What do you guys think

Well here is what I compiled from everyone ideas and mine:
- Horsemen need to completely stop in order for the passenger to mount the horse.
- It should also take 2-3 seconds for the passenger to completely mount a horse, which will leave both the horsemen and the passenger sitting duck for enemy archers or horsemen.
- Speed and maneuverability of the horses should be reduced dramatically depending on the weight of the passenger for example a lightly armored archer as passenger will slow the horsemen speed by 20% but a heavy infantry about 30-40%.
- Also if the horsemen dies the horse will completely stop and forces the passenger to dismount and remount in order to control the horse. This will make them easy target.
- Passengers cannot attack (maybe archer can fire arrows, just putting it out there :grin:)
- The horsemen will do less damage with a passenger because speed is reduced.
120_2012_Knight_rider_on_tower_by_Temple_Church_450.JPG

Peter Nguyen

Cavalry is already over-powered enough, they don't need any other help.

Also, WHAT THE ****.  Two people on a horse would mean two lancers.

LuckyDuckly said:
Someone suggested that in-game. It doesn't seem very realistic, but a bit homoerotic.

lol well it will attract more player from the gay community then

Kapt Torbjorn said:
Cavalry is already over-powered enough, they don't need any other help.

Also, WHAT THE ****.  Two people on a horse would mean two lancers.

Well you can make it the guy at the back can't attack!

Idea is quite realistic, at least i've heard of such cases taking place in combat, but i don't really think this feature would be necesary and welcomed as well. From what I've already read it seems that even now some players complain on cavalry being overpowered. If horsemen could escape fast even after being dismounted, cavalry would become Gods on the battlefield. My point is that it is not necesary.

I like this idea- so long as it has quite a harsh downside, so that it is only used for rescues.
for example the horses speed and manuverablity could but cut down by 20-50 %, and the 'passanger' should not be able to attack at all. this will lead to some epic movie-like scenes, just imagine being completly out numbered, your group has fought down to the last man-  you.  there is no hope... but then you see your best freind gallop through the enemy ranks and rescue you, and you both ride off to fight another day :grin:

I would just annoy others by jumping on the back of their horses to slow them down. Serves them cavnoobs right.

Passengers sound good, that way you can transport your archers to a hill quick. But ofcourse your speed should be -50 en both the rider and the passenger should have limited fighitng abilities as they block eachother.

Thornton said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHTPUEE74LQ

Just great :grin: very LOLsome

But hey I don't agree when it states that "We can go as fast with 2" :smile:

Anyway, a passenger could climb up the horse only if this were at speed 0 or almost. Who stays back is pretty much unbalanced, so the rider could press a certain key and "eject" him. Thus to avoid unpleasant behaviours.

I don't know in real life how horses manage 2 people on the back of them, but of course they should go slower, quite slower, and be far less maneuverable. And who stays behind must be able to do nothing at all, but try to keep his balance aboard.

So I believe it's nice to have 2 on a horse, if the rider can eject the passenger, the passenger has no fighting abilities, and the horse gets severely nerfed.

Admiral said:
Idea is quite realistic, at least i've heard of such cases taking place in combat, but i don't really think this feature would be necesary and welcomed as well. From what I've already read it seems that even now some players complain on cavalry being overpowered. If horsemen could escape fast even after being dismounted, cavalry would become Gods on the battlefield. My point is that it is not necesary.

Hehe u should see me

=)

if i get axed down or speared down from my horse

you know what i do?

run for my freaking life lol.... but ive noticed footment always catch up.... so what i do is, drop both of my sheilds, my lance, my sword and run run run! then you easily outrun the enemy =)

drop everything after you drop off a horse and run to safty f.t.w

Back
Top Bottom