Do the developers even care? MP is about to be empty for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

hahah imagine being so fragile that you can't handle criticisms AT WORK....
Ngl these forums are lurking with assholes looking at the opportunity to attack and hate someone, but I guess they should pay attention to the actually good criticisms instead of the maniac tantrums some people throw here

If they did they'd be responding to most threads on this forum. They don't.

I can't speak for why the community managers only respond to select threads, but I can tell you negative and spiteful posts are not effective ways to convince someone you're correct.

Just because TW don't communicate back doesn't mean what we're posting isn't being at the least considered, even if it's not acted upon. The more we make them consider it, the more likely it is they will do it, no matter how futile these efforts may seem.

If you don't believe that, then there is no point in being on here and we're all wasting our time anyway, so we may as well attempt to be decent human beings. No?

The world needs more people like you :smile:.

If good criticism didn’t work, toxic comments didn’t work, the only thing left to try is to stop giving feedback. It’s not like the feedback is missing anyways. With everything that has been said on forums they have at least 3 years of work ahead, unless they believe BL is ready for full release when they add the 1000 wins badge ^^

There's no actual feedback to be given unless you are going to repeat yourself or report bugs for singleplayer.

Then lets just repeat ourselves? Positively, calmly and with good manners. If it is ignored - then we did our best with dignity; no one will look back and say the community was a failure. If it gets picked up then we win. Either of those outcomes is better then us fighting each other for the rest of time.

Then lets just repeat ourselves? Positively, calmly and with good manners. If it is ignored - then we did our best with dignity; no one will look back and say the community was a failure. If it gets picked up then we win. Either of those outcomes is better then us fighting each other for the rest of time.
you can't seriously think this?

The community isn’t a failure, it’s the game itself that is lol

Yeah? Well, I've seen where this repeating of the same feedback led us in the last year or so... and I have no interest in wasting my time, frustration is to be expected at this point and there's no point going around and saying to not give frustrated feedback the same way there's no point in giving repeated feedback. They either pick it up and maybe make this game's vanilla multiplayer a successful and integral part or they let it die because not even the custom servers can change the direction the MP is heading right now. Not custom servers, not unlockables, not some lobby and clan system additions and improvements - everything just stands on the combat and classes and if that fails, we will just all switch to modules or abandon the game. So yeah, frustrated or not, this is the likely sequence of events that are to come if stuff stays the same.

you can't seriously think this?
What that talking positively about something is better then ranting and raging? Yes every time - even in circumstances where raging may be justified. Shouting, swearing, raving and getting mad never won an argument in the entirety of human history - just makes people put up barriers or grow accustomed to it.

No one has ever thought "Hang on a second; this guy i'm talking to is throwing curses at me... he does have a good point after all!"

"Arguments cannot be answered by personal abuse; there is no logic in slander, and falsehood, in the long run, defeats itself."
Robert G. Ingersoll

Yeah? Well, I've seen where this repeating of the same feedback led us in the last year or so... and I have no interest in wasting my time, frustration is to be expected at this point and there's no point going around and saying to not give frustrated feedback the same way there's no point in giving repeated feedback. They either pick it up and maybe make this game's vanilla multiplayer a successful and integral part or they let it die because not even the custom servers can change the direction the MP is heading right now. Not custom servers, not unlockables, not some lobby and clan system additions and improvements - everything just stands on the combat and classes and if that fails, we will just all switch to modules or abandon the game. So yeah, frustrated or not, this is the likely sequence of events that are to come if stuff stays the same.

Okay well - I'd love any or all of your help but if you (or anyone) have already given up; all I ask is you don't get in the way of people who still want to try. Like I get it! I really do but please don't hate me for wanting to give it another go on these forums.

Last edited:
The developers care, but they lack the talent and understanding to make the game better. Nobody can argue otherwise, the game has been in a horrible state since June 2019.

What that talking positively about something is better then ranting and raging? Yes every time - even in circumstances where raging may be justified. Shouting, swearing, raving and getting mad never won an argument in the entirety of human history - just makes people put up barriers or grow accustomed to it.

No one has ever thought "Hang on a second; this guy i'm talking to is throwing curses at me... he does have a good point after all!"

Okay well - I'd love any or all of your help but if you (or anyone) have already given up; all I ask is you don't get in the way of people who still want to try.

Most of the negativity stems from poor communication on TaleWorlds half, as the feedback from closed testing and beta was mostly positive and helpful. Until we realized the best strategy to get answers from TaleWorlds was to make petty replies because they would answer that and ignore the rest of the thread. It doesn't have to be this way, but it do be. The action of change is in TaleWorlds hands, recently some parts of the development team have had reasonable conversations with the community. But none of the people responsible for the combat want to have a chat.
Just to prepare myself for your next reply, I'm not going to go play Mordhau but thanks for the advice.

Most of the negativity stems from poor communication on TaleWorlds half, as the feedback from closed testing and beta was mostly positive and helpful. Until we realized the best strategy to get answers from TaleWorlds was to make petty replies because they would answer that and ignore the rest of the thread. It doesn't have to be this way, but it do be. The action of change is in TaleWorlds hands, recently some parts of the development team have had reasonable conversations with the community. But none of the people responsible for the combat want to have a chat.
Just to prepare myself for your next reply, I'm not going to go play Mordhau but thanks for the advice.

Shemaforash - That's a really nice feedback actually thank you. Yeah I understand the frustration but petty threads, insulting the dev's, shouting and screaming may get a reply on the short term - but in the long term all it does is damage the forums credibility. If we don't act like adults; why treat us as such?

Yeah I'd agree TW missed the ball completely on their half of the arrangement; but now we have started missing ours.

FYI - Mordhau has it's own issues which drove me away from it personally which I won't repeat here. :razz: However I have sworn to stop arguing on this forum for the most part.

I believe he is talking about PetMonster mostly that was attacked because he was sharing fake statistics or something, not sure what it was. It was such a while ago.

hahah imagine being so fragile that you can't handle criticisms AT WORK....

this is a quote from myself in a different thread

this may be a good read to you, from the man who designed the class system himself, you can read the beta/alpha discussion here
these two posts in particular are interesting

Links:
Taleworlds has decided - the class system is staying and developer opinions are irrelevant, he also brags about vast majority of feedback being positive
Callum calling out his own developer for spreading misinformation regarding "vast majority of feedback being positive"

This quote is from the guy who designed the class system as well.
Link:
But then we discovered almost all of us favored the Battanian Fiann the heavy archer of the Battanian faction. As we thought why we realized that we was not just a ranged character, he was perfectly capable of drawing his two handed sword and engage his opponent in a melee fight. So we applied that lesson to other factions, changed the heavy archers into deadly melee guys, gave all of them good melee weapons, swords, shields, glaives, spears etc.

I'm not ever arguing about the class system again. Block delay sure, anything to do with combat in fact or the game modes... but classes I'm done with. No one will ever agree on that and it's not going to change.

TW needs to improve its communication, drastically. As stated, the reason for the silence seems to be development fluidity, if you tell us plebs about it we'll expect it and riot if it's not there, and it's hardly an obscene expectation considering the emotional reactions that litter this forum.

I personally don't agree, communication with your playerbase is paramount to player satisfaction and retention which is how communities grow and prosper. I'd say posing updates as questions or polls to the community would be an avenue, even if TW wait until they're certain its one of the assorted options. But regardless I can at least now understand the thinking behind it.

I do feel it needs to be said, individual developers are not responsible for the entirity of TW. TW may have a CEO, maybe even a COO or a CTO (or similar role) who along with the dev team are also responsible for development. No one person is ever responsible for a companies mistakes, goading individual staff is not going to help nor will complaining about individual staff. Keep comments to the company and products, not the people.

Looking back on that September 2019 communication makes me wish the same level of responsiveness existed now, but I fear TW may work more independently than some software companies and thus cohesion between the team may sometimes faulter, which probably led to this radio silenece to avoid contradictory statements or contention. However this seems to have somewhat backfired, at least in the contention department.

TW needs to improve its communication, drastically. As stated, the reason for the silence seems to be development fluidity, if you tell us plebs about it we'll expect it and riot if it's not there, and it's hardly an obscene expectation considering the emotional reactions that litter this forum.

I personally don't agree, communication with your playerbase is paramount to player satisfaction and retention which is how communities grow and prosper. I'd say posing updates as questions or polls to the community would be an avenue, even if TW wait until they're certain its one of the assorted options. But regardless I can at least now understand the thinking behind it.

I do feel it needs to be said, individual developers are not responsible for the entirity of TW. TW may have a CEO, maybe even a COO or a CTO (or similar role) who along with the dev team are also responsible for development. No one person is ever responsible for a companies mistakes, goading individual staff is not going to help nor will complaining about individual staff. Keep comments to the company and products, not the people.

Looking back on that September 2019 communication makes me wish the same level of responsiveness existed now, but I fear TW may work more independently than some software companies and thus cohesion between the team may sometimes faulter, which probably led to this radio silenece to avoid contradictory statements or contention. However this seems to have somewhat backfired, at least in the contention department.

Personnaly, i dont care if they dont answer. The aspect of communication they need to improve is the Listening one. They don't need to tell me what they are working on right now, Patchnote are more than enough of information for me. If they, indeed, don't plan of EVER removing the block delay, which is an important crisis at this moment, i would appreciate to hear it, of course. They have so much on their plate that i can understand that they have worries other than writing huge posts on the forums. Things are changing ever quickly on a alpha game, and it can be dangerous to post statements about things that are not 100% bound to stay in the game. Right now, as i will say in every single post that i do, the Block Delay is the main issue, and it is a very dangerous one to communicate about and i'd be scared to make a statement about it if i was TW. Any wrong note on that statement would create such a backlash it could put the last nail in the coffin for multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom