Do the developers even care? MP is about to be empty for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

You can check the patch notes so far here for what we have done and you can check this topic for our statement regarding plans for the multiplayer for the near future.
It is sad to see the community's reaction regarding the game so far but let it be known that we did not abandon the game. The expectations of the community are something we are striving to meet. We are aware of the issues that surround the gameplay and we are hoping to fix those in the near future that suits both our design and the communities expectations. We are working very hard to improve overall server stability, fixing crashes and other issues. But most of the time, these issues are not easy to fix or not as what they are seen to be from the players' point of view. The fixing, testing and the overall process takes a considerable amount of time.

Thanks for your support and time to write your thoughts and criticism to us in the forums.
It’s not difficult to bring back some players
Hint: remove class system
People aren’t worried about bugs, but design choices. Listen to the community

Your post doesn’t mention anything important, like class system and combat system. Are your team intentionally ignoring all that? If yes, I won’t bother with mp anymore.

Last edited:
@NewBritish you are god, having discussion and getting interested by dev/community manager, love you!! Hopefully he didn't answer to combat things, he isn't supposed to do that, some guy/group is working on that :party::party:

Hopefully he didn't answer to combat things, he isn't supposed to do that, some guy/group is working on that :party::party:
We are testing A LOT of stuff.
New maps, changes to troops and perks, changes to cav mechanics, some combat parameters.

It is not as simple as a single person changing a few numbers and feeling like they are alright.There is a lot of process and it takes time.
Maybe changing your attitude in the forums and maybe reading what we stated before can help.

Your argument boils down to "It's not bad, just new and different. Just get used to it."
Do you know how many times this same lazy argument has been made in the past year? If you had actually bothered to check my previous threads and feedback and those of other critical forum members from back during the beta (Gab, Marko, Charlini, Gibby, Brandis, Count Delinard, Klausolus), you'd know that this lazy argument does not apply.
We've all learned how to play the game, and we've all come to the conclusion that it's not good.
Gab somehow has 500 hours logged into this. Are you going to tell me he needs to get used to it a little more to appreciate it better?

No, I will not sign up to a tournament for a game I don't enjoy playing.

i don’t think my argument boils down to that. I know that you guys just want warband 2.0 and I think you should get over it.

I don’t know what i should tell gab. Never talked to him. But maybe I could have a real discussion with him about actual broken parts of this game instead of discussing with you, since you just rotate in your 10 person echo chamber.

Right now you just ignored the fact that players actually figured out how to use kicks after 2 months of playing while you still sit here in the forum saying that it is useless since the last time “you checked”. I don’t even want to know when that was.

Right now I concede some points to, actually argue some of the balancing and you just say that I make a stupid argument.

Have you ever considered that this actually is a new game an that you have to get used to it, explore the new mechanics, play around with them and figure stuff out and what works best instead of expecting that the game caters to your Warband 2.0 wish.

i would be happy discussing things like spawn points, archer accuracy, kick ranges, snowballing, crouched lance cooldowns, random animation cancels, armor values, gold costs of classes, glances, soft spots, etc etc but you still keep pointing to mechanics that are not that broken and only need some fine tuning but not a overhaul like you claim.

and I think it is fine that if you don’t enjoy the game that you don’t play it. I just think that your view in the game is negatively biased and you should get new perpesctive from getting beaten by better players in actual real matches instead of Going round and round on these forums about the same thing over and over.

Okay, do I have to read statement about multiplayer which you sent a few posts ago? I think it's fresh, maybe search posts from April to get some information?

Okay, do I have to read statement about multiplayer which you sent a few posts ago? I think it's fresh, maybe search posts from April to get some information?
If you are going to criticize (which we are happy to read about, thank you once again) at least follow the recent statements thoroughly. We are working on it.

i don’t think my argument boils down to that. I know that you guys just want warband 2.0 and I think you should get over it.

I don’t know what i should tell gab. Never talked to him. But maybe I could have a real discussion with him about actual broken parts of this game instead of discussing with you, since you just rotate in your 10 person echo chamber.

Right now you just ignored the fact that players actually figured out how to use kicks after 2 months of playing while you still sit here in the forum saying that it is useless since the last time “you checked”. I don’t even want to know when that was.

Right now I concede some points to, actually argue some of the balancing and you just say that I make a stupid argument.

Have you ever considered that this actually is a new game an that you have to get used to it, explore the new mechanics, play around with them and figure stuff out and what works best instead of expecting that the game caters to your Warband 2.0 wish.

i would be happy discussing things like spawn points, archer accuracy, kick ranges, snowballing, crouched lance cooldowns, random animation cancels, armor values, gold costs of classes, glances, soft spots, etc etc but you still keep pointing to mechanics that are not that broken and only need some fine tuning but not a overhaul like you claim.

and I think it is fine that if you don’t enjoy the game that you don’t play it. I just think that your view in the game is negatively biased and you should get new perpesctive from getting beaten by better players in actual real matches instead of Going round and round on these forums about the same thing over and over.
Just so you know, the kick window is still very small.

Also explain to me why we should forget warband, which is the main game of the franchise?

It's like saying we should bring out a new iphone without looking back at the previous model and see the good things about it and bad things about it. The argument is plain stupid.

I think, even as Warband veteran (I bought the game at release) I can't argue with real "veterans", I've even been told once on a server by a "veteran" I'm just a casual who was too bad and quit therefore, even though I played the game since release, with breaks and touring many mods... Sad it comes down to ad hominem attacks.

Just so you know, the kick window is still very small.

Also explain to me why we should forget warband, which is the main game of the franchise?

It's like saying we should bring out a new iphone without looking back at the previous model and see the good things about it and bad things about it. The argument is plain stupid.
The window is small, but exists and can be used correctly if you learn it. No problem with it, just because it's not like in Warband it doesn't mean it's bad. I have seen people doing it fluently on skirmish and Duel. So it's a thing.
It's not about forgetting Warband. But some things will not change. I accepted that. That's the only difference.

I think, even as Warband veteran (I bought the game at release) I can't argue with real "veterans", I've even been told once on a server by a "veteran" I'm just a casual who was too bad and quit therefore, even though I played the game since release. Sad it comes down to ad hominem attacks.
People keep calling me a verteran even though you probably played the game before me

People keep calling me a verteran even though you probably played the game before me
Oh, I don't really increase my self worth by being a "veteran", but I do find it funny that people laugh at me for this or even call me Bannerlord fanboy. I know about my contribution to the community and that's enough, nothing to brag about.

I have been happy to meet old folks again in Bannerlord and I have seen them getting called casuals by "veterans" in this forum because some old players rejoined to have a look at this game to have a look and wanted to play competitive and enjoy the reunion and themselves. Apparently it's not enough if you haven't been part of Warband for the last two years? But this game has a history of 10 years so meh... People just said, blabla, you are old casuals reinventing the wheel and one shouldn't call themselves competitive. I find this disturbing since especially 22nd contributed hugely to the MP in Warband and RS has had a leading role in the first ever tournament in this game franchise. This is not helping since it's just creating a rift.

And this is what I criticize. You can criticize stuff which goes wrong, but the arguments gets more heated daily.

Last edited:
I'm so tired of Taleworlds, ive probably made 30+ posts during Beta and EA and every single response or lack there of has been a complete let down. 5000 hours in Warband, 500 hours in bannerlord majority of both being multiplayer with casual games, community events, or competitive stuff and I was so excited for Bannerlord but now im not going to buy another Taleworlds game, this has bummed me out so much. Almost no communication and when there is communication they take time to tell us to calm down after we have told them in unison exactly how to fix their game and bring back the community and nothing happens. I have gotten so angry ive had many comments removed from swearing which is because of the lack of teamwork and excess of frustration because of this game. Im so dissappointed that I actually have f-ing depression cause of this crap. fml

That's not what I want. There's plenty of things I dislike about Warband's MP combat.
He'd tell you the exact same thing I'm telling you right now. He's had this exact same argument plenty of times before.
Kicking didn't suddenly become a viable option because players learned to use it. It got patched, which is why it started to become useful. As I said, I wasn't aware that kicking had been patched or that it became a viable option as a result.

I already have more than almost anyone else in this community, and again, a look through my threads history from during the beta would show you that.
Sure. Spawn points, archer accuracy, kick ranges, couched lance cooldowns, and armor values are not fundamental issues
Snowballing and gold cost of classes in their current form are a result of a bad class system.
Not sure what you mean by random animation cancels.
Seemingly random glances are partly linked to the handling system, another terrible idea, which you should be able to find some info about if you search a bit.
Not sure what you mean by soft spots.
You think I've never played the game? You think I'd have the ****ing nuts to talk as much **** as I do without having properly educated myself as to how the game even works? I was wrong about the kicks, because I wasn't aware any changes were made to them. The same can't be said for the rest of the issues I mentionned.

Last edited:
Tbh where did they state kicks were changed? I'm quite curious. I've considered it not be a thing until I was proven wrong by people being able to do it properly and then it is devastating because it can be used offensive and if you get caught in a 2v1 situation and get kickslashed it's a nearly guaranteed death sentence.

Tbh where did they state kicks were changed? I'm quite curious. I've considered it not be a thing until I was proven wrong by people being able to do it properly and then it is devastating because it can be used offensive and if you get caught in a 2v1 situation and get kickslashed it's a nearly guaranteed death sentence.
People taught me how in bannerlord, it can be done, but you need to time it so perfectly that it isn't even intuitive. Honestly i don't know if the combat changed or its because someone figured out an animation glitch that causes players to kick consistently

People taught me how in bannerlord, it can be done, but you need to time it so perfectly that it isn't even intuitive. Honestly i don't know if the combat changed or its because someone figured out an animation glitch that causes players to kick consistently
So just because you have to time it perfectly and well it's not intuitive? I can't say I mastered it yet, but I've seen people being able to kick consistently and if you get into an 2v1 situation, you don't need to time your strike perfectly, just let your mate bash in the opponents skull. If you are getting kicked, it opens also opportunities for throwing weapons or a spear man to hit reliably
Tbh, kicks are totally fine in Bannerlord if you know how to use them... I can't say it's something that has to be made even easier, it just takes practice.
Seriously, in this I really have to disagree with warband vets claiming (or rather crying, to be blunt and honest) this is not intuitive if they can't pull it off within 20 minutes, sorry.

DM uses them in their matches consistently and it's quite a threat you have to be aware of because even if one person is able to strike your head with it, you loose quite some amount of HP.

Glitches should be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom