Division A - Week 2 Fixtures | Deadline: 27/06/2011

Users who are viewing this thread

I also gotta mention that 22nd vs. REF broke Guinness World Record for most Warband map restarts. We really did restart after every 5 rounds like 2-3 times each time for various reason;
Sometimes people didnt spawn and other times people were still taking a leak or getting a drink. First it was funny, then frustratin, then funny again and so on.. :lol:

sadnhappy said:
I also gotta mention that 22nd vs. REF broke Guinness World Record for most Warband map restarts. We really did restart after every 5 rounds like 2-3 times each time for various reason;
Sometimes people didnt spawn and other times people were still taking a leak or getting a drink. First it was funny, then frustratin, then funny again and so on.. :lol:
I agree, this is a real pain. Something that WV were doing (intentionally or not, I couldn't say) was having one player spawn right on the 5:30 mark, every restart. It effectively means you're waiting around for 30 seconds, wondering whether or not the round will be live.

I don't think a rule for this is really sensible. I expect, it would create more hassle than it's worth but out of a basic level of courtesy and respect, when both teams agree to "live on restart", it should be so...

HarkonHakoon said:
Harlequin_ITA said:
22nd - REF

14 - 6

I underline that my final score is 17 0 and not 17 1, as I got teamkilled for fun after I duelled-won Barbarian.
Newsflash, noone gives a ****.
And? You're not obliged neither to read nor to care about.  :roll:

captain lust said:
sadnhappy said:
I agree, this is a real pain. Something that WV were doing (intentionally or not, I couldn't say) was having one player spawn right on the 5:30 mark, every restart. It effectively means you're waiting around for 30 seconds, wondering whether or not the round will be live.

I don't think a rule for this is really sensible. I expect, it would create more hassle than it's worth but out of a basic level of courtesy and respect, when both teams agree to "live on restart", it should be so...

I think there should be rules about it. On some maps especially open maps like FBTR less honorable clans might use this to their advantage, for example by telling a guy to miss the spawn so they can see the other teams team composition before it begins and change it on the restart.

We can either leave these loopholes open, or try to be professional and close them.

PS Love the attitude there Harkon you will make great friends with comments like those.

Harlequin_ITA said:
HarkonHakoon said:
Harlequin_ITA said:
22nd - REF

14 - 6

I underline that my final score is 17 0 and not 17 1, as I got teamkilled for fun after I duelled-won Barbarian.

I guess I owe you an apology Harlequin, it really was uncalled for. Was a vent-off in the heat of it, nothing against you. :wink:

Plazek said:
captain lust said:
sadnhappy said:

I think there should be rules about it. On some maps especially open maps like FBTR less honorable clans might use this to their advantage, for example by telling a guy to miss the spawn so they can see the other teams team composition before it begins and change it on the restart.

We can either leave these loopholes open, or try to be professional and close them.

+1.. Since nobody expects the 22nd! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again..

.. In all seriosness, first round win is extremely important to both teams as a definite win gives so much advantage when going into the second round and in such a map as Port Assault or FbtR the contact between the teams is made really quickly so withint 10-15 the teams know where the other is heading. The team with full players and no problems shouldn't be punished like that, to restart, as then the other team knows the direction the other team is heading and can prepare better for the restart round. We did it so many times out of good manners and fair play but part of me, rightfully, feels that we should have just continued in some cases as it was becoming frustrating and way too repeteative. Not our fault that the players on the other team screw up the starting menus.

I think in future matches teams should pay close attention to this, especially if WV and REF have both already done this several times. If the offence is repeated, I think there should be a clear rule made about it to prevent further accidents.

Hm against WV we only had one reset I think, I did not really mind it. That one reset is because they spawned with 11 people and than dropped one, which made it possible to loot his weapons for his allies. It probably was not on purpose, I atleast hope not, so I don't mind.

Arch3r said:
Hm against WV we only had one reset I think, I did not really mind it. That one reset is because they spawned with 11 people and than dropped one, which made it possible to loot his weapons for his allies. It probably was not on purpose, I atleast hope not, so I don't mind.
Well the point is that teams, certainly in the top flight, are experienced and competent enough (or should be) to get these things right.

But, like I said, it's a matter of respect and courtesy. I can't see a satisfactory way of enforcing this. There will likely be problems and complaints etc.. it's very iffy territory.

What would be really great is if teams, classes and gear could be selected, then the round could be initiated by an admin, rather than a map reset. However, that's simply not the case in Warband and I think we just have to accept it. I don't think it will decide any matches.

HarkonHakoon said:
Harlequin_ITA said:
HarkonHakoon said:
Harlequin_ITA said:
22nd - REF

14 - 6

I guess I owe you an apology Harlequin, it really was uncalled for. Was a vent-off in the heat of it, nothing against you. :wink:
No problems, happens to me too during the summer, just look the new patch thread  :wink:

captain lust said:
Arch3r said:
Well the point is that teams, certainly in the top flight, are experienced and competent enough (or should be) to get these things right.

But, like I said, it's a matter of respect and courtesy. I can't see a satisfactory way of enforcing this. There will likely be problems and complaints etc.. it's very iffy territory.

What would be really great is if teams, classes and gear could be selected, then the round could be initiated by an admin, rather than a map reset. However, that's simply not the case in Warband and I think we just have to accept it. I don't think it will decide any matches.

Rule: The round may not be set to begin until both teams captains have said "[CLANNAME] is ready" Having done so the admin must say "Live after restart" and may restart the map. Having done such a thing neither team is under any obligation to commit to a further restart irrelevant of technical difficulties or otherwise, any further restart is at the discretion of the team who managed to organise themselves correctly.

---

Something like this with a clear and standardised dialogue before the round begins provides no excuse for either team to be able to fail and getting their players organised properly. Any mistakes made will clearly be the fault of the team that wants the restart. Why should the team who gets it right be penalised by opening themselves up to the risk of being spied upon as a reward for their efficiency?

I guess protecting the rights of people who cannot get class selection done properly is more important than fairness  :roll:

The problem is when something goes wrong. It is way too much potential drama over an issue that is, frankly, not that big of a deal. It's something that annoys me personally and I wish teams wouldn't do it but I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable dishing out free rounds out over something so trivial.

Say one team has a sudden, random DC, right as the round starts. The other team all spawns and doesn't want to give a restart. It gets very sketchy, when talking talking about "fairness", I think and without dedicated match referees, I'd rather not make any kind of official rule about it.

Arch3r said:

This could be horribly abused if one team is for example playing nords and they make an extra guy spawn as cav with 4 sets of javelins.. I'd say be on the look out if teams 'accidently' do this more than 2 or 3 times. I realize that this will be almost impossible to check or penalize, especially with no neutral referee overseeing the match. Suffice to say I'd be pretty pissed off if an opponent would be so low to abuse this.

It wasn't on purpose. The 11th joined to the server recently and wasn't aware of what's going on. He ofc dropped soon. And 'bout the long resping in 1st round - we got a mate which cpu is rly slow. It takes him some time to load the map. And than he is always spawning lately. I dont see how it could possibly be fixed. Also its disadvantage for us if he doesn't spawn in time - because in strict matches if refree sais - next is live - than we would play with one less.

Edit: Also good game with you CoR. We clearly underestimated you, and learn not to do it in hard way. Good match and nicely done on fbtr. We would have won if not Relax :razz:

New_Player_FTW said:
Edit: Also good game with you CoR. We clearly underestimated you, and learn not to do it in hard way. Good match and nicely done on fbtr. We would have won if not Relax :razz:
Yep, great game. A comeback always provides some thrills.

RelaX is a fantastic player but... you seriously think you have beaten us without him? :???:

captain lust said:
New_Player_FTW said:
Yep, great game. A comeback always provides some thrills.

RelaX is a fantastic player but... you seriously think you have beaten us without him? :???:
A goodgame indeed, but it's easy to say "We would have won if you did not have that player..." he's a part of CoR. We would have won more rounds if *random good scoring player name here* wasn't playing on your side.

Back
Top Bottom